Father Ryan

IRISHDOG

For all the great talk coming about Jemison, it is sad that he is leaving, but what must be understood is that he was a coach, coaches are supposed to win and they are only judged by people other than there own players only by their win-loss ratio. The the numer of people that liked the man and that played for the man and the increase in number of players, it is obvious he is well liked by his players. The problem was he didn't win and he got his job taken from him. He had what appears to be more players than any football coach had to chose from in FRHS football history and he posted a horrible record. With no offense to Jemison who appears to be a great man, it appears he wasn't able to get the job done so it's a good thing for FRHS that they ridded him of his football coaching duties. Who ever the replacement shouldn't have the same problem, with a program that old and that large it is hard to believe that FRHS football won't get better, there should be some talent in the 100 players on that team that just wasn't shown in the Jemison era.

To say that Golden Tate is not the only player that FRHS has not gotten as a result of JP2 being open is a pretty uneducated statement. Courtney Coffey who FRW should know well, along with Nick Crutcher, Brian Sneed,Jen Sneed(girls b-ball), Chuch Woosely, Oriel Samuels, Catanany, and several others, in fact too many to count that are at JP2 and not Ryan. For your proof Ryan supporters go and look at your records in sports since the opening of Jp2 and prior to JP2.There is your real evidence, sure some sports are just beginning to show because this is the first year JP2 has seniors, but the effect is obvious, and what JP2 is doing on the north side of town is pretty darn amazing for a program and school only around for now 3 years, a school that has a reputation good enough already to attract students that live much closer to Ryan to make the drive to hendersonville everyday. To say that JP2 is not effecting Ryan is a statement that is made in hope, hope that it isn't.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Francescan and what does he currently coach? Again it looks like Ryan is hiring an alum.

I think Jemison is a good man and a good coach who was in a bad situation. Good luck to him whatever he decides to do in the future. I know he would like to coach football in the future and that is not possible at Ryan now.

Don't forget Jay Wilson on the offensive line and Patsy Mahoney for basketball; and there is a bunch of talent at St Joe that will attend in the next several years. Yes Golden is explosive and a talented player but the team provides the blocking scemes to help Golden "explode". With the new parochial schools opening in the north area recently we should have even more talent coming from the parochial ranks. And don't forget the catholics that will send their kids to JP2 when they would not even consider Ryan because of distance. The reason we get kids from south Nashville area is that we provide transportation; someting Ryan was unwilling to do for parochial/catholic kids in the north area of town.

Father Ryan has learned from not busing kids in, now we are bringing kids in from Murfreesboro from the St. Rose parish. Coach Francescon came to us two years ago from Pearl-Cohn. He is a Father Ryan alum (1979), and is one of the best coaches around who relates to his players. He has unique relationships with each and every player. He is another front runner for the job, so I've heard. I have also heard, if he does not get the job, he will leave Father Ryan. This would be a big time loss, and another "punch in the gut" for the program. I do not know if he is the best man for the head job, but I do not want him to leave. IrishDog, are you sure Pittman would never get the job? His name comes up probably more than anyone. As for another coach, Adeyllot, the players at FRHS despise the wing-t, and if he brought that back into the program, many players would be disppointed. Hey Irish....what about Coach Head Coach????... Only recent FRHS players would know who that is.

Irishdog, FRHS will not be competing for "Super 7" Titles for years to come, coming next year its the "Elite 8". Briarcrest is movin' on up. And as for "the Fat Man in the Boro", I'm feeling that is Boots. I seriously doubt Boots will put his name in as the head job; however, he is probably one of the most Powerful Alumni when finding a new person for the job.

Coach Donnley would never be called a fat man (very thin) but you couldn't say that about Tom Fiveash.

Headhunter90,

You are on the money about "Big Tom" being trouble for D2 teams.

Danny Fran. would also be an excellent choice.

Edited by cbg

Let's not forget the other part of this equation. Father Ryan needs an athletic minded principal to support not only their new football coach but one who supports the other athletic programs as well. The retirement of Langton is a much needed gift to all at Ryan. Fiveash would be a great fit again. It may take a little work to get him back but it can be done if the right people are in charge of this decision. Jemison was set up for failure from day one and I really hate that for such a great mentor and coach to the people at Ryan.