Y-105 Play by Play

redbirdfan

I understand that the Y-105 Game Night will feature play by play coverage of the Lake County Falcons playing host to Fayette Academy Vikings in Round One of the TSSAA Class 1A State Playoffs.. It should be an interesting matchup as the Falcons have won their last 8 games after an 0-2 start. :D They are led by Sophomore sensation Brandon Springer who became the first Quarterback in Falcon history to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season :D You can also check out updates of Westview, Dresden and Gleason's games as well as the PLAY BY PLAY of the Falcons from Tiptonville on 104.9 FM , it's Y-105 Game Night with coverage set to begin at 6:00PM thumb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on being able to get out of the studio redbirdfan and actually see a game this season...and play by play none the less. Good luck on the broadcast.

Gleason at USJ will be on 95.1 fm out of Dresden. The Bulldogs will have their hands full with an undefeated and very talented Bruins squad. Gleason is playing very well though, having won two of their last three.

Hope your Play by Play skills aren't too rusty. So you'll know, it's pronounced Da-my-o Yancy. By the way, congratulations on being a part of the "first family" of Obion!

Thanks NWHOOP for the pronunciation help.. Kinda like cinco da-my-o .. As for the first family of Obion, you never know what will happen on election night. :lol: Much closer than most thought. But it's a win.. :D We'll try to dust off the ole equipment and see if we can get play by play rolling from Tiptonville(where the new political leader of the first family is originally from by the way) and see why everyone is talking Falcons in the 1A ranks.. Talking with Coach Barger earlier today, he's very excited about the matchup and knows Fayette-Academy will be coming to town ready for football.. I just may have to get down there early and take advantage of the many nice restaurants along historic Reelfoot Lake thumb

It is good to see the football Falcons back in the playoffs with some of that ole Green Machine swagger. Springer is a great athlete, but he has shown the ability to throw the ball lately...could be the difference in the game.

Fayette Academy likes to run the triple threat offense and Wes Kennedy has some nice playmakers to execute his game plan. The Vikings lost a great deal of their offensive line from last year and are just now starting to catch up. FA has played very well down the stretch and will be a stiff first round opponent.

redbirdfan, hope you remember where everything goes when hooking up your equipment!

I understand that the Y-105 Game Night will feature play by play coverage of the Lake County Falcons playing host to Fayette Academy Vikings in Round One of the TSSAA Class 1A State Playoffs.. It should be an interesting matchup as the Falcons have won their last 8 games after an 0-2 start. ;) They are led by Sophomore sensation Brandon Springer who became the first Quarterback in Falcon history to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season :D  You can also check out updates of Westview, Dresden and Gleason's games as well as the PLAY BY PLAY of the Falcons from Tiptonville on 104.9 FM ,  it's Y-105 Game Night with coverage set to begin at 6:00PM thumb

825415920[/snapback]

Y-105 FM...Union City...Home of Lake County Falcon football.....Give me a break

Y-105 FM...Union City...Home of Lake County Falcon football.....Give me a break

What other teams in our listening area are in the PLAYOFFS??? :ph34r:

825419330[/snapback]

I think he's referring to the fact that there were two county teams(Obion Central and South Fulton) that didn't get any play by play this year, but ya'll went down to Lake Co. to do it for them.

I think he's referring to the fact that there were two county teams(Obion Central and South Fulton) that didn't get any play by play this year, but ya'll went down to Lake Co. to do it for them.

The plans were to cover SOME TEAM that went to the playoffs :D Being that the two county Teams (Obion Co and South Fulton) and also Union City did not qualify, the decision was made to cover Lake County who were pleased to have the coverage thumb Also saw and talked to the coaching staffs from OC and UC who were there watching the contest. Very professional guys who were not BITTER

about the station being in Tiptonville where the fish always tastes great :D

The plans were to cover SOME TEAM that went to the playoffs :D Being that the two county Teams (Obion Co and South Fulton) and also Union City did not qualify, the decision was made to cover Lake County who were pleased to have the coverage thumb  Also saw and talked to the coaching staffs from OC and UC who were there watching the contest. Very professional guys who were not BITTER

about the station being in Tiptonville where the fish always tastes great :D

825422627[/snapback]

Of course, UC would not be bitter...they have full coverage!