Maryville 34 Rhea County 0

REBELRON

Maryville was outstanding on defense. If Jeffery Smith and Gary Tucker don't make all state then they shouldn't have an all state team. Those guys played great. Maryville pursued well on defense. The secondary had a great game. The whole defense deserves a big pat on the back for a job well done.

Offensively Maryville played well at times but there were times they shot themselves in the foot. Maryville needs to eliminate the mistakes. Andrew Clement is money in the bank. Clement is outstanding. Ryan Talent ran the ball well. That screen pass to Tallent was awesome.

Overall it was a very good win. Great job Rebels. Lets beat Powell next week.

After the game it was great to see all the former Rebels going up to Coach Hammontree and hugging his neck. It was great seeing my nephew hug his old football coach.

Rhea County fans. Give Hammontree some time and he will turn Rhea County into a powerhouse. Hammontree's specialty is defense and discipline.Hammontree brought Maryville back from mediocrity. He installed discipline and toughness in the Maryville program. I noticed Rhea County played a lot of underclassmen. Rhea County will be tough the next several years.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Rhea county on playing with class. It was a bitter sweet beating Coach Tim, but business is business.

Cade missed a couple of wide open receivers, but otherwise put on a throwing clinic in the 3rd qtr. All the running backs ran well, I thought. What can be said about our Defensive ends?!! WOW comes to mind. They harrassed, pursued, agitated and destroyed all nite!! Voto had a great pass break up in the backfield. The young kids looked great, except for the one mistake (I saw anyway).

I'd like to see Cade incorporate the pump fake into his game before leaving. He had 3 more TD's tonite if he pumps and goes deep. The TD's weren't needed though. I wish we hadn't scored as many as we did against Tim.

Great job both teams!! thumb

Edited by dmoyers1

We've beaten Powell once....you do the math.  Congrats to the Panthers on beating cleveland, by the way!! thumb

825419302[/snapback]

predictions for the powell game is that it is gonna be a barn burner, we are gonna destroy them with class; and the best student section in the state will be there to support the mighty rebels. our black attack of jeffrey smith and gary tucker will put the powell backfield where they belong just like bush put kerry in his

as predicted Maryville beat the pants off of Rhea County. Coach Hammontree has done a great job with this team but they just arent up to Maryville standards yet. Cade dominated their defense, and Andrew Clement is my hero. this kid is amazing. 3 touchdown inthe first half, Clement for Heisman. several other players did well on offense. tank baker played a good game and is a future star for Maryville, being a sophomore this kid is amazing, the only thing he lacks is breakaway speed, but that will come with time and the offseason training provided by the wonderful Maryville coaching staff. Tallent played amazing as usual, racking up a couple of scores on the ground as always. but that running game is so successful because of the absolutely fantastic offensinve line. these guys never get confused about blocking assignments out there and devour every single defensive front out there, lets give some credit to that awesome o-line headed up by coach ellis. the defense played absolutely outstanding providing Maryville with its fourth shutout of the season tonight. the defensive ends played absolutely amazing and part of that goes with the coaching they recieve in that area from coach pinkerton. the defensive backs played very well, our coach T is doing a great job with this group, and the linebackers were solid as usual. but in summary we beat the living crap out of rhea county as expected, but good luck them next season and the best of luck to our old ball coach. im looking forward to the can we are going to open up on powell this week. im predicting another whoopin for them