DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

Duran had 5 interception's for the whole season, before Friday night. He was just trying a little two hard and forced some throws. We have a couple receivers that are 6'3" and over 200lbs. Lamon Williams & Marcus Rogers. Our db's practice against them every day. Im sure a game situation with your receivers will be more intense. The DB db's have picked off 16 passes this season.  We'll have to wait and see.

825425519[/snapback]

That is a great point WaCo-CoJaCo... Marcus Rogers looks like Lamon Williams did 2 yrs ago... exactly. I know he does not have the awesome talent that #1 does, but Marcus is physically gifted indeed. I hope that #14 Rogers is ready to go... I don't think he played in the Ooltewah game but he sure looked ready on the sidelines. I will tell you of 2 other receivers for the Indians. Do not forget about #24 Darryl Purple Hayes... he is a blurrrrrrr... and has good hands. Not big, but the fastest of all the Indians. Numbers.... guessing... 40 catches 8 TD's.

Also, #9 Coty Sensabaugh, only a Soph. His 1st TD was a State Recording tying 99 yarder in week 2. He has got wheels and good hands. Had a TD against the Owls called back on a penelty.

Note: Low temp in Kingsport tonight.....25-28F... it is getting cold. Bring a coat, something to cover your ears and gloves.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey for anyone out there who ISNT  biased towrads DB or Soddy, is Soddy that good, as many people in here have made them sound.

Like where are their strengths and weaknesses.

Still without knowing about Soddy Daisy, I would go with the Indians any Friday

825425546[/snapback]

Soddy will beat you on the pass with Ricketts all day. He's like Lamon, he's going to catch passes, so you just gotta do your best to contain him.

Soddy is very well coached by a legendary high school football coach. DB has a good coach, but the nod goes to Soddy here.

They'll also outsize Dobyns-Bennett up front on both size of the ball BIG TIME! With that being said, the Ooltewah D-Line wore down the SD O-line in the second half, and that allowed them to pressure Orr...then the passing game wasn't as effective. But that also seemed to be the way DB was...when Duran got pressured, he made a bad pass...3 of his 4 INT's last year were when he got hit by the Ool LB's.

Soddy has a pretty good run defense. Of course DB won't run too often...especially with Williams back.

Umm....KnoxSoddy can help you more than I can...of courseI know you asked for an unbiased opinion.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Now I have a question.

Did QB Orr and the 2 Trojan bigtime Receivers, Ricket and Atchley play in last years game. That is the question.... because I don't know, was Orr the QB last year? I am sure 2 WR @ 6'3" played and played alot.

The DB Defense is small, like last year, but smaller this year and quicker. Again, 1 of only 2 5A Defenses to allow less than 100 pts in the Regular Season. The LB crew is strong. Up front, our boys usually just out quick big and maybe slow O Linemen. (not saying SD has big and slow O Linemen). The DB Secondary very steady and all have good hands and quicks. One thing for sure, if an opposing QB is not accurate, they pay.

Tribe fans.. This is the last time you will see this TEAM at home. I hope and expect that you will support the Indians in a large turnout and be very very loud...start to finish.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Now I have a question.

Did QB Orr and the 2 Trojan bigtime Receivers, Ricket and Atchley play in last years game. That is the question.... because I don't know, was Orr the QB last year? I am sure 2 WR @ 6'3" played and played alot.

The DB Defense is small, like last year, but smaller this year and quicker. Again, 1 of only 2 5A Defenses to allow less than 100 pts in the Regular Season. The LB crew is strong. Up front, our boys usually just out quick big and maybe slow O Linemen. (not saying SD has big and slow O Linemen). The DB Secondary very steady and all have good hands and quicks. One thing for sure, if an opposing QB is not accurate, they pay.

Tribe fans.. This is the last time you will see this TEAM at home. I hope and expect that you will support the Indians in a large turnout and be very very loud...start to finish.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825425827[/snapback]

Not sure if he played in the game last year or not. He did not play the entire year i know.

Now I have a question.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825425827[/snapback]

I believe Orr played some in the game last year .. but didnt get the start & Atchley should have got in there sometime but i dont think Rickets did

Now I have a question.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825425827[/snapback]

Orr played a little bit, but I think it was mostly Phelps. Orr threw the TD pass towards the end of the game though. Ricketts started at tight end the second half of last season, and Atchley was the #3 wide receivers. Both were only sophomores. Now they are juniors, and they have not been stopped yet. Orr has over 2100 yards passing, Ricketts has 43 receptions for 1,000 yards and 16 receiving TDs, and Atchley has 43 receptions for 727 yards and 6 TDs. Just ask Ooltewah and Oak Ridge if they are good! :)