DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

60% chance of rain Friday

Roll Tribe Roll

825425837[/snapback]

Skunk, It never rains on DB Friday nights. Not never, but few and far between. We have called for rain all year and have hardly seen a sprinkle.

Skunk... anything on the Coaching decision with #7? I have thought long and hard on this one. It is tough. #7 screwed up, no question and punishment is due. But, he has been a PLAYER for the Tribe for 3 Season's. This is the last home game of his career, just wondering if there has been a change. For real and for true, thinking of 3 years here, not 1 play.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy will beat you on the pass with Ricketts all day.  He's like Lamon, he's going to catch passes, so you just gotta do your best to contain him.

Soddy is very well coached by a legendary high school football coach.  DB has a good coach, but the nod goes to Soddy here.

They'll also outsize Dobyns-Bennett up front on both size of the ball BIG TIME!  With that being said, the Ooltewah D-Line wore down the SD O-line in the second half, and that allowed them to pressure Orr...then the passing game wasn't as effective.  But that also seemed to be the way DB was...when Duran got pressured, he made a bad pass...3 of his 4 INT's last year were when he got hit by the Ool LB's.

Soddy has a pretty good run defense.  Of course DB won't run too often...especially with Williams back.

Umm....KnoxSoddy can help you more than I can...of courseI know you asked for an unbiased opinion.

825425718[/snapback]

I agree, except fot the part where the owls wore us down. You said this many times now and I guess someone from Soddy should respond.

YOU BEAT US ON 3 BIG PLAYS, not by playing "in you face" football. You offence only scored 1 time in the second half! So, please please walk away from the bottle and except that you won on 3 BIG PLAYS. Thanks.

Cool fall temperatures breed success for the tribe, the last home game of the season, a great week of practice, and perfect execution of the plays the coaches call wil prove to be the edge for the indians.DB roll sin this one by two touchdowns. Containing the wideouts and good reads will shut dowb the trojan offense.

Cool fall temperatures breed success for the tribe, the last home game of the season, a great week of practice, and perfect execution of the plays the coaches call wil prove to be the edge for the indians.DB roll sin this one by two touchdowns. Containing the wideouts and good reads will shut dowb the trojan offense.

825426081[/snapback]

We'll see. Two touchdowns? Are you serious?

The atmosphere at DB is starting to get crunk. You can feel it in the air. The band doesn't have a competition this weekend, so I'm told they will actually play more than 4 songs. There will be a crazy, mad pep rally on Friday afternoon with all the students wearing maroon and grey with feathers and painted faces. I can feel the excitement already.

11-0, 4 to go

If you can believe it, you can achieve it.

Roll Tribe Roll.

Art,

I think it is proper.

...and I hope you are right on the rain...

Roll Tribe Roll

825426071[/snapback]

Well, I know I'm going to step in some dookie on this one but here goes nothin.I cant see penalizing a player his last game at J Fred for 30 seconds of stupidity.I know what happend and have talked to some poeple (some players) included. Football is a violent and sometimes brutal sport, a pat on the back comes after you've knocked the crap out of someone and every kid handles his aggression differently.Take away #7 out last Fri. game and we lose. Im sorry to put it that way but he was the sparkplug on offense and in on75% of the defensive plays. I've watched D-B play since 1965 and havent seen a player try to win or give every ounce of sweat and blood like he has for the last 3 years. What has happened to punnishing a player in practice, or an apology to the team? Why turn your back on a kid who has never been in trouble or has had bad grades,someone you know will be in there fighting for us on every play. Yea Iknow I'm going to catch some crap on this but if you penalize #7 for 1 stupid thing he did you are penalizing the whole team this Friday night. Soddy has a great team and I'm sure we have plenty of great kids who will step up , but I' m afraid we wont be able to fill 7s shoes. I hope Im wrong.

I agree, except fot the part where the owls wore us down. You said this many times now and I guess someone from Soddy should respond.

YOU BEAT US ON 3 BIG PLAYS, not by playing "in you face" football. You offence only scored 1 time in the second half! So, please please walk away from the bottle and except that you won on 3 BIG PLAYS. Thanks.

825426037[/snapback]

You know, I agree that the scores came on 3 BIG plays....but that's part of the game. The SD offense did very well in the first half of moving the ball...didn't do as well the second...If you watch the film, Orr had ALLLLLL day to throw the ball in the 1st half. As the game went on, he didn't. Ooltewah had 11 tackles for loss, and I'll check, but most of those were in the second half. The Soddy Daisy offensive line gave up 6 sacks, and most of those were in the second half. I'm simply talking about the SD line, and how they are very large, but they got beat in the second half by a smaller, quicker, more in shape Ool D-Line and LBs.

I've also said Soddy outplayed Ooltewah the whole game. So I've acknowledged that! I know you're just getting defensive because your bro is on the O-line, but it's not necessary. I know Ben's a very good football player.

DB is very quick up front. They'll get to Orr.

KnoxSoddy, if you go to OoltewahFootball.com, and click on stats there is a Play-by-Play. The SD O-Line gave up 5 of the 6 sacks in the second half. One of those was a forced fumble and recovered by an Owl LB.

But before you respond don't get so defensive. They asked for someone not apart of either team to give some strengths and weaknesses of SD. So that's what I did.

With that being said, I still think Soddy can beat DB as long as the Trojan D steps up and contains Williams. Pressure Duran Duran and make him make some mistakes.

I'm pulling for you Trojans! Bring it home to Chatt-town!