DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

Well, now this is getting interesting.

DB (11-0) is at home for the final time in 2004, playing a 9-2 Soddy Daisy team that just whipped the Beaver of Karns 52-0. Playoff games can be romps or nailbitters, you never know what you are going to get.

Lamon Williams will be back for the Tribe, and that is huge. Note that Duran Ferguson threw 4 Ints against Ooltewah without him. Some of those balls, thrown high to the receivers, would have hit #1 Right in stride.

DB played and beat SD last year in the playoffs, so SD will have revenge on their minds. I hope the Indians don't have Oak Ridge on theirs.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now this is getting interesting.

DB (11-0) is at home for the final time in 2004, playing a 9-2 Soddy Daisy team that just whipped the Beaver of Karns 52-0. Playoff games can be romps or nailbitters, you never know what you are going to get.

Lamon Williams will be back for the Tribe, and that is huge. Note that Duran Ferguson threw 4 Ints against Ooltewah without him. Some of those balls, thrown high to the receivers, would have hit #1 Right in stride.

DB played and beat SD last year in the playoffs, so SD will have revenge on their minds. I hope the Indians don't have Oak Ridge on theirs.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825419397[/snapback]

Art, I think you are right. This will be a GREAT ballgame. I watched Soddy first hand play OR last Friday and they are the real deal. They have a passing game similar to yours. They have two big time receivers that they throw the ball up to and they just make plays.

Good luck to the Indians and the Trojans. I wish I could see that one, but I will be watching the rematch between OR and Farragut. It should be a great one as well.

Roll Wildcats Roll.

Not to worry Art, we will deal with the playoffs one week at atime. we will have an awesome week of practice next week, The "G"man will perfect every detail, and prepare us to the best of his ability, it will be on us to execute. DB is bound for glory if we can stay focused and play like we have all year. The wildcats will deal with farragut next week, good luck Oak Ridge.

Just want to provide some stats for the DB fans from the Soddy-Karns game last night.

Final Score: SD 52 Karns 0

First Downs: SD 22 Karns 5

Total Yards: SD 404 Karns 123

Passing: SD 8-11 for 163 yards, 3 td 0 int Karns 1-7 29 yards 0 td 0 int

Rushing: SD 44-241 yards Karns 27-94 yards

Obviously the numbers don't mean anything, as the game was essentially over at the end of the first quarter (DB is very familiar with such a situation). SD only threw 11 passes, which is much lower than they normally throw. Most of the starters played maybe one or two series in the third quarter and were taken out of the game promptly when Karns decided to take cheap shots.

The upcoming game should be very entertaining.

Just want to provide some stats for the DB fans from the Soddy-Karns game last night.

Final Score: SD 52 Karns 0

First Downs: SD 22 Karns 5

Total Yards: SD 404 Karns 123

Passing: SD 8-11 for 163 yards, 3 td 0 int Karns 1-7 29 yards 0 td 0 int

Rushing: SD 44-241 yards Karns 27-94 yards

Obviously the numbers don't mean anything, as the game was essentially over at the end of the first quarter (DB is very familiar with such a situation).  SD only threw 11 passes, which is much lower than they normally throw.  Most of the starters played maybe one or two series in the third quarter and were taken out of the game promptly when Karns decided to take cheap shots.

The upcoming game should be very entertaining.

825419994[/snapback]

that is some big and great numbers. doing it on the road in the playoffs is a little tougher. DB should be up for this game and i sure hope the crowd is.

Cosmo

Chop Chop

the Trojans are 9-2, lost close games to the rat eaters and the wildcats. they will be a good team. DB did play them last year in the playoffs, right?

Hey Trojan fans, what kind of size does your team have on the o and d line?

Cosmo

Chop Chop

825419933[/snapback]

The Trojans will have a HUGE size advantage! With that being said, they are easily worn down. The lines dominated Ooltewah in the first half of their game because of their size...but in the second half, the Ooltewah D-Line wore them out because they were slow and tired.