DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

This game should get interesting. It will not be a low scoring game like the one we saw last night with DB/Ooltewah. Both teams have a big time passing offense and with DB's LAmon Williams back it'll be interesting to see how he impacts the game.

Both teams will be able to pass and score. I'm calling it right now, here's the key to this game:

Soddy Daisy's Defense

If Soddy can contain Williams and that other HUGE guy (was he the TE) they threw to up the middle, then they've got a chance. The only problem is, I don't think Soddy's defense is that good. They can stop the run ok, but they cannot stop the big play. I think Williams return will be huge for DB.

I have mixed emotions on this game as far as who I want to win. I want the Chattanooga team to win, BUT you always want the team that beat you to go all the way. But what I want doesn't matter. Here it is:

Dobyns Bennett 42

Soddy Daisy 28

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing, Duran Duran was HUGE, and he had a good arm on him (by the way, does he play baseball? IF not, why?), but he definately folded under pressure. 3 of the 4 INT's came when he was rushed to make a throw when the Ooltewah linebackers blitzed. And he just made a bad throw on the run. Another thing, does DB not have a kicker?

Grad,

Duran does play baseball, a very good, hard throwing pitcher...played shortstop last year, too...D-B does have a kicker - had two 35+ yard FGs last week against Science Hill & two 35 yard extra points in that game as well (after penalties on TDs)...McMillan had been kicking off, but aggravated a leg on the opening kickoff...our kicker, Gouge, slipped on one extra point and then the one time he kicked off, so maybe bothered something then...don't know...have had three different kickers kick the ball into the endzone during the course of the season, on numerous occasions, but not last night...

Duran had only thrown five ints all season until last night...your point is well taken on last night...he is a good kid and he stayed focused and came up with the big play at the end...

Roll Tribe Roll

The fighting men of Troy will be ready to upset the Tribe.  Are there any hotels around the stadium?  We would like to spend the night and come home on saturday..  Could one of you nice folk give us some phone numbers for Holiday Inn or something like it, and directions to it.  Also, to the field....Thanks

825420035[/snapback]

Take exit 59 off of I81, go left at the bottom of the entrance ramp onto Fort Henry Drive. The stadium is on Ft. Henry 6 miles or so from the interstate. This exit has a Holiday Inn Express. If you take exit 57 onto I181 to Kingsport, the second exit is Hwy 93 and it has a Hampton Inn, Jamison Inn, and a Marriott. If you are a golfer the Marriott has "Cattails at Meadowview", a resort course. The hotel has special rates that include the hotel plus a round of golf. The course is a nice one with some beautiful views on the back nine.

Have a good trip,

TigerTenn

2nd year in a row these two Teams meet in the Playoffs. Last year it was Round 1 as DB was 9-1 and #1 Seed from Region 1 and SD was 7-3 and #4 Seed from Region 2. That game was in Kingsport and here is the way that game turned out.

DB 28 SD 6

DB did control the ball and was in charge of field possession

DB had 148 yds Rushing and 2 TD's on the ground

Duran Ferguson was on target for 241 yds passing and 2 TD's through the Air

By the way, Duran did hit 6 different Receivers in the game

Lamon Williams (double covered alot) with a TD catch

Daryl Purple Hayes with a TD catch on a BOMB

Phillip Trittapoe (TE) a huge catch on 3rd down in the 3rd qtr, and he was hit hard

Walker Throp - back in the passing game, right on cue

Chase Flanery - had a great catch and run on a simple screen pass late in the 1st half

McMillian - I got to catch his 1st name, but forgive me, he is a Soph.

DB Defense was outstanding and was led by Dustin Gains with 2 INT for the 2nd game in a row!!. SD could do little of anything until the last possesion of the game, against all 2nd/3rd stringers.

(Post from Nov 7, 2003)

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Now before any high hatted DB fans start acusing me or anybody else of being "DB haters", I will state that I really don't give a hoot one way or the other and I don't hate DB.............However I have felt all along that DB has been overrated by the fact that so many East Tennessee papers vote in the AP Poll. I don't see them making it all the way to the 'boro to play Riverdale. Soddy Daisey may be their Waterloo, if not them, take your pick in rounds 2,3, and 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooltewah was just too close for comfort with or without Lamon Williams. :P

If DB wins state, I will be the first to admit they are the best team in the state in all classifications. They have a play-off schedule tougher than I have seen. 1st Ooltewah and then Soddy Daisy?!? If they win, they play the winner of Oak Ridge-Farragut. Well, pretty much Oak Ridge. Go DB.

Edited by mrebel171113