Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like patriotposse98 has been sipping on a little hater aide. Both teams have great coaches, I think each have been a part of a state championship team. So they must be doing something right to get their teams into the second round of the playoffs. This will be another great game for football fans in TN. Nobody expected Lebanon to do much this season, but like I told all of you on these boards early in the season, "Lebanon will be coming to your city and they made all of you believe". Both teams have improved since the last meeting. Cookeville's defense held Lebanon's offense in check during the first match up, and paxton had 100+ yard rushing for 2 td's. Lebanon's defense still played well enough to make a INT return for a td to tie the game. And they're only getting better each week they play. Lebanon's offense is averaging 47.7 points a game. In my opinon the game won't be close because the last game was close. If Lebanon's O-Line and D-Line's come out and dominate like they have been for the past seven weeks then it will be ugly for cookeville also. Cookeville may be thinking revenge, but they remember what the last battle was like, physical, nothing but physical.

LHS-45

CHS-21

Edited by bigballer93

Guest region4fan

I can assure you that Posse has no reason to hate either team. They were both small bumps on the road when he played for OHS in 98 and 99. The antics of both staffs have been legendary and discussed throughout the season by most of your opponents. I suggest you use the search button if you are in disbelief.

this game should be one for the ages for both schools. each team has been on a roll since their last losses. the lebanon offense has been on fire scoring around 45 points a game. no one has expected either of these teams to be at this point and to be playing this well. cookeville has a great Defense with a HUGE chip on their shoulder from the last meeting when they held lebanon in check but still came up short. i think this game will be a battle from start to finish, but i don't see cookeville stopping the red hot devils. if cookeville comes out flat like people say they did against WC it will be a long night. same goes for lebanon they cannot come out and play cocky, but play every play like it's the last one of your life.

LHS- 42

CHS- 24

You lebanon fans have absolutely NO IDEA how good cookeville's defense is. Predicting Lebanon to score 42, 35, or even 28 points is absurd I don't care how good your offense is. Cookeville has a speed defense, something they haven't had in a while. When they make a tackle, there are eleven guys right there. Their defensive lineman are even fast (quick might be a better word). So lebanon has a fast offense, Cookeville has a fast defense. Looks like a low scoring game to me (as far as offense and defense goes, special teams is a different story). McGavock also has a speed offense, but look what happened to them three weeks ago when they met up with cookeville. A big goose egg.

You lebanon fans have absolutely NO IDEA how good cookeville's defense is.  Predicting Lebanon to score 42, 35, or even 28 points is absurd I don't care how good your offense is.  Cookeville has a speed defense, something they haven't had in a while.  When they make a tackle, there are eleven guys right there.  Their defensive lineman are even fast (quick might be a better word).  So lebanon has a fast offense, Cookeville has a fast defense.  Looks like a low scoring game to me (as far as offense and defense goes, special teams is a different story).  McGavock also has a speed offense, but look what happened to them three weeks ago when they met up with cookeville. A big goose egg.

825421241[/snapback]

MAN! :blink: How can you even compare McGavock to a reg. 4 5a team? PLEASE!!!

When was the last time they made the playoffs???????????????(lol)

magavock's whole region got swept in the first round of the playoffs so that point is moot. region 3 almost got swept. lebanon has one of the better O line's in the state, and they should play a much better game than last time. cookeville's LBs and D line beat them all night last time. i'm sure they all have a chip on their shoulders they want off.