RIVERDALE'S DEFENSE

tee1up

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mainly there speed size and creating turnovers....they are also well coached

2 of those 8 points were from a safety and the other 6 were two field goals  havent allowed a TD in something like 36 quarters

825420920[/snapback]

WoW! Riverdale really has it together. I love defense, and that amazes me! It just proves defense wins football games.

The defense is very fast and more importantly strong. Not Riverdales fault that kids don't go out for football at other schools and have low rosters.

The thing that I have seen that Riverdale has this year is that they have finally gone to two squad football and don't have that many playing both ways on defense and offense so they are fresh in the latter stages of the game.

For instance the offensive line is truly two deep this year.

As to the defense, the first two games this year were a wake up call for Riverdales defense as well. After getting scored on in them the defense was run till they started to perform to Rankin's satisfaction. By this I mean the WHOLE team runs the 'snake' if they are scored on. Peer pressure can do wonderful things some times.