RIVERDALE'S DEFENSE

tee1up

Guest region4fan

They have always had to run the snake after practice for the number of points the D has allowed. That is nothing new. Maybe he needs to make them all run for each yd that they get penalized for too. In a close game, those can be the knockout punch. I think Rdale is the most penalized team that we played all year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet even with the amount of penalties they still WIN. Ever thought that some of them are called to keep games 'close'? At least Blackman scored two field goals on Riverdale. Oakland could NOT even do that.

Could it be that over half of Oaklands starters quit last year when they had a falling out with their now ex-coach?

Oakland has a great new coach and the basis of a powerful future now. Hopefully he will get them where the Battle of the Boro will mean something again now. Especially as Oakland now has an ex-quarterback from Riverdale that will be eligible to play for them next year.

Didn't figure Matt would be the starting QB there, but he will make a great backup or TE in a passing attack. Don't hurt that he knows the entire Riverdale playbook as well. LOL

I really am glad for him that he went there as it was probaly best for him as you are right he is a great kid. Have known him since he and my 'little' boy started playing together at Riverdale.

Guest Oakland
Didn't figure Matt would be the starting QB there, but he will make a great backup or TE in a passing attack.  Don't hurt that he knows the entire Riverdale playbook as well.  LOL

I really am glad for him that he went there as it was probaly best for him as you are right he is a great kid.  Have known him since he and my 'little' boy started playing together at Riverdale.

825421426[/snapback]

sorry bout that. it sounded like you were implying that he would start at qb next year. Qb is the 1 unit that oakland has a firm grasp upon more than any other position. i believe he is a lb/te right now and he will probably be a backup te unless we get a transfer or two. your right it does help that he knows what riverdale runs but when you dont have the experience to defend it like we did this year, it doesnt really help

No problem at all. Not hard to figure out the running game as over half of it is just ole plane hey diddle diddle run up the middle. Where Riverdale has it over most other teams is strength. They spend an awful long time in the weight room.

I would really love to see the 'Battle for the Boro' get big again so it would have to be moved back to MTSU to hold the fans! Maybe MTSU could learn from them how to actually attract a crowd!

Guest Oakland
No problem at all.  Not hard to figure out the running game as over half of it is just ole plane hey diddle diddle run up the middle.  Where Riverdale has it over most other teams is strength.  They spend an awful long time in the weight room.

I would really love to see the 'Battle for the Boro' get big again so it would have to be moved back to MTSU to hold the fans!  Maybe MTSU could learn from them how to actually attract a crowd!

825421440[/snapback]

id hate to ruin the purpose of this thread, so i am gonna try to stay on topic, but if you want to continue this conversation off this website you can e-mail me patriots1999@hotmail.com thumb

riverdale has outscored their foes 526-56 so far.7 shutouts out of 11 games.  but i have a feeling symrna will make a better game out of it this time around but still lose by 28 points.  my guess is 49-28 riverdale.

825421226[/snapback]

This year's team has been compared to the '94 team a lost this season. Well here's the '94 team's stats through week 11:

outscored team 517-41 with 4 shutouts. A margain of 476 points.

This year's team has a margin of 470 points.

These stats are pretty darn close.

I have watched Riverdale a few x's and have seen plenty of film. I have been impressed with their linebackers. This is the strength of their defense. I have talked with other coaches and refs and this seems to be their opinion. The Warriors LB's are tremendous. Coach Collins does a good job.

Edited by wingman10