dca vs w.c.

gametalker

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people said da would be wc because of to much size up front, i have a feeling they have never seen wc do they even know how much size wc has i think not, any way

quikpik, wayne co, runs the veer offense which means there bread and butter is the run its prob like a 75% to 25% run to pass ratio they look to get it done on the ground wc tries to stuff the ball down your face with there big quick offensive line

Which means their bread and butter is the run

Then they have a serious probem.

DCA's line is bigger, older, and more talented than DA's. No one has been able to run on them all year.

As an example, CPA's Luke Landers has averaged about 120-150 yards a ballgame on limited carries(CPA runs from the shotgun, and Landers gets far fewer carries than someone who averages that many yards usually would). DCA held him to zero yards and the CPA team to -2 yards rushing as a whole.

I also know that Wayne's QB, Ruddle is a talented runner, and the closest thing DCA has faced to him was probably Luke Jerkins from NCS, who did pretty well against DCA. So I don't know Ruddle will factor in this game in regards to how DCA plans to stop him.

Either way, Wayne County had better plan on adding some variety to their offense if they plan on pulling this out.

Wayne Co. has a very good athlete at QB. Ruddle is one of the best if he is healthy, which has been a big question mark all year. They also have two fast backs that they like to run veer with. If you make those backs run lateral instead of North and South, it is to your advantage. They hit the hole QUICK on the dive. They also have trouble handling the ball at times. (If they don't turn it over they are pretty good at the option).

On defense, I don't think they are near as good as last season. They do have a very good linemen (#62 I think is his number). Their inside backers are not as good as the one they had last year, he was a MAN. They run basically a 4-4. Their secondary is questionable. If you can throw the ball, good things can happen.

With that being said, I will say they have the potential to upset DCA if things go 100% their way and all are healthy. They can't turn the ball over at all if they want to win.

when i say they like to run the ball i dont mean that is all they can do they can throw the ball very well, they run the veer as a base, they also line up in the I, they can run shot-gun 5 wide, they run 3, and 4 reciever sets, they will run the veer if you let them , if you take it away like da did they do other things, wc strenght on def. is speed at lb , and a really good d-line, not only is #63 really good, # 78 has good size and above avg. speed, the ends are good #84 is a man at about 6'5" 250lbs, i will give you that there secondary might be a little shaky on the whole but they will hit you.

you use cpa as an example of them stoping the run has they faced a veer team this year a team that can run it as well as wc, prob not it is a offense that makes you be disp. the wc runnning backs make you pay if your not by taking it to the house

my opinion if wc can move the ball and dont turn it over will be a great game wc is so much better than they are gettin credit for

DCA will win this ball game. They have a very talanted football team, with lots of senior leadership. They have a well balanced offense and a hard nose defense. However they do have some weaknesses. In order for Wayne Co. to prove me wrong they must run the ball outside and throw the ball over the middle, to cause problems. Cascade had the most success doing just those things. Cascade had 132 yards rushing where all but 7 yards came outside the tackles. They also passed for 158 yards with 111 of those yards comming across the middle. You can move the ball on them, but execution is key(Cascade lacked this once they entered the red zone). When they are on offense you must make them one dimensional (cascade didn't do this either). DCA runs the ball better than any 1A team I have ever seen play. Making them throw the ball could be the best bet. The offensive lines weakness is pass protection. Cascade got pressure on their QB consistently, but the all sophomore defensive backfield couldn't keep their coverage once the QB started to scramble. Best wishes to Wayne Co. you will need every break you can get!

Edited by vols4me