Why Knoxville Catholic will struggle in D1

stockwell4

Believe what you want, but I did see and here it live and in person.  It happened to a player I am really close to.  The player has since graduated, but he was told it would cost him nothing.  Maybe it was only privy to those that mattered.  Advertise or no advertise it happened in 2001.  They did tell him he would not owe a thing.  It did happen.  It was under a different head coach, but it did happen.

825426673[/snapback]

well along with many others I think your full of crap. sorry to be so to put that so openly but i could of said worse so you should consider yourself lucky that I am forced to tone it down on this site. I mean just look at hoya's and uncfan's post thre LEONARDSLOSERS. You should really stick to talking about things you know cause when you venture out and try to stretch your intellegence it clearly dosent work. You can say it happend but I could also say my dad is Michael Jordan, so its your word vs. the opinion of alot of unhappy catholic supporters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical innuendo. Why don't you quit trying to be cute and just accuse them of recruiting? This is so typical. Make a bunch of accusations and lack the ability to back up one of them with proof. Come on, name names. Don't give us that BS about you know someone's kid that someone talked to. Or maybe you have the tremendously tallented kid that "someone talked to". Come on, share a name or two!

You're wrong on the recruiting BS and you're wrong on the "tradition" comment too. Knoxville Catholic has never won a state championship in anything. Don't you think if they had been recruiting all these years, they'd have something in the trophy case to show for it? They've been competitive in a few sports. But if they've been recruiting, they're not very good at it.

825425342[/snapback]

Obviously you are a private school defender to the utmost. However the post did not say anything about blatent recruiting. In a day and time when the public schools in the larger city areas are going to h@## in a hand basket as far as moral values and "undesirables" being forced to attend regularly because the court system keeps them in school instead of letting them just "drop out" which some people feel keeps social problems in the fore ground of public schools, the private schools don't have to "recruit" very hard. All a private school has to offer is the guarantee that only the select best of kids in academics, moral background, and family life will be admitted to their school and "viola" parents are sold. I have no problem with people sending their kid to a private school for want of a better social/moral environment for their kids. But no school is going to jump into the fire of 3A competition without a master plan to compete with the likes of Fulton and Austin East. You can count on it.

Guest Rebelnation

Now guys, Leonard is a good guy. Maybe he misunderstood what he saw and heard. Leonard, this is obvioulsy a hot point topic for you, BUT, a lot of us enjoy your picks each week and this kinda outburst sullys that thread a lil. Just make your point and let it be bro. You have to be a lil more impartial if your gonna be "Leonard'slosers" the thread master most of the time.

Just a thought. Anyway, I think all good schools do appreciate some transferring that might seem like recruiting. Where you see a lot of recruiting is in schools that are put under some kind of extraneous pressure to stay competitve, either because their surrounded suddenly good programs, or other sources of prolonged frustration (ie drought in area talent). So the question here is, is Catholic one of those schools? I don't think so....the schools closest to them they don't even play regulalry.

another question...does their booster club recruit without sanction from the school?

First let me say that Catholic will be very competitive in 3A. We played them the last 2 years---granted not to competitivley but they are a talented bunch. More importantly they have what seems to be a great coaching staff (and a lot of them).

As for KC tradition I am shaky on that being a factor in their success. I rememebr years ago when NG beat them, and they were not to competitive. It was when they moved the school to west Knoxville and pumped A LOT of $$$$$ into the program that they took off.

As far as recruiting I dont have any first ahnd knowledge, but can offer this, combine first rate facilites, a solid coaching staff, and a chance at a great education-----who needs to recruit the school probably recruits itself.

BTW the Mcfadden kid is legit, could have started for ANY of the Reg. 2 AA powers this year

Guest Rebelnation

We all wish momma hadn't made him go to Catholic....but that's life. TJ would have fit nicely into the Maryville Program. We could use naother real good TE. We don't really have any needs at his current position though (DE).

TJ comes from good stock and is a real good kid. Brother Chris is a heck of a swimmer.

I would really like to know what region they are going to be in. I coach in 3A ball and I am just wondering if they are coming to 3A. I saw Catholic beat a very good G-P team pretty bad. Not only that, their second and third team scored a couple TDs as well. It was impressive to watch. If they are coming to 3A, we better get ready NOW! They are quick and technical. Not many teams can line up with 6" splits and let you know they are going to run it down your throat and do it. Big deal they had a bad game against ND. Taht is just going to be fuel to the fire for next year. 3A better hang on.

Guest Rebelnation

Someone with some sense. I'm gonna look into who fits in around them and see if I can figure it out...what 3A teams are closest to them? Their gonna probably have to play AE at least...maybe Fulton too.

Here it is....they FIT best into Region 2, but will probably end up in Region 1, because Region 1 only has 5 teams.

Edited by Rebelnation