Memorable Games

THSVikings2004

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002 Boyd Buchanan vs CPA in the state finals. CPA took a early lead but in the 2nd half the Bucs rallied back and tied the game with about a minute to go. That send it into overtime where CPA scored but missed the extra point.All boyd had to do was score and hit a extra point to win, but CPA had a great 4 play defensive stand only to get a pass interference call on 4th down.(i am a boyd fan and to be honest i have that on tape and i didtn see where they got that). that gave Boyd new life but CPA held them again. even though boyd loss that was the best game i have seen thumb

Mt. Pleasant vs CPA, by far , talking about David and Goliath. Like I told RoRo after the game, he is my Mr. Football no matter how the voting comes out. These young men and the coaches have snapped this little town back together people I promise you. Great job and to the people of Mt. Pleasant, everyone that was there Friday night invite five more of your friends to come this Friday, and let's pack the Jungle to the tilt, because win or lose this is the last game in 2004 AT THA JUNGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. But these young men and the coaches are going to put another notch in their belts. SEE YA AT THE JUUUNNNGGGLLLEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!These young men deserve 5000 in the house if you will come. I want to see Coach Wolaver dance up and down the sidelines.

Didn't Mt. Juliet kick a late FG once to beat Gallatin?

A Riverdale loss is one of the most memorable to me.  Overtime to Jefferson County. Both teams played their guts out.  Jeff Co. had a little QB who just kept going, hit after hit.    I remember the 180 change in emotion from the excitement of overtimes to the sudden loss. 

And of course I remember the 1997 Clinic Bowl because my oldest played on that team...  :)

825430569[/snapback]

Do you remember what that Qb for Jeff. Co's name was? Did they win state that year?

November 12th 2004 in the JUNGLE, the MPHS Tigers put up 21 points in the 4th quarter and take a victory over the CPA Lions, 21-14.

825430650[/snapback]

Definitely. I have heard quite a few people say that it was one of- if not the- best high school game they had ever seen. It was unbelievable. I didn't want to leave the stadium!

Mt. Pleasant vs CPA, by far , talking about David and Goliath. Like I told RoRo after the game, he is my Mr. Football no matter how the voting comes out. These young men and the coaches have snapped this little town back together people I promise you. Great job and to the people of Mt. Pleasant, everyone that was there Friday night invite five more of your friends to come this Friday, and let's pack the Jungle to the tilt, because win or lose this is the last game in 2004 AT THA JUNGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. But these young men and the coaches are going to put another notch in their belts. SEE YA AT THE JUUUNNNGGGLLLEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!These young men deserve 5000 in the house if you will come. I want to see Coach Wolaver dance up and down the sidelines.

825433992[/snapback]

Speaking of filling 'tha Jungle' and memorable games both, when we played Wayne Co (which featured 2 undefeated teams) the place seemed totally packed and in the paper attendance was only like 2400 or something. We thought there was at least 5000 there that night! I also want to say that it has been great seeing folks from other schools at our past few games. There is a group from Central who sits near us and guys from CA were there, as well as Spring Hill guys right in front of us. Also Lewis Co had several there Friday, and I know I haven't seen everybody. Come on back down everyone and support the Mt. Pleasant Tigers Friday night!

November 12 round 2 SC vs. Portland. Best game I have ever watched. SC led the whole game. Portland scored with 2 minutes to go in the game. Converted to fourth and longs to score and keep the drive alive. SC then got the ball back ran two or three plays. SC's qb threw a jumpball to #2 and him and #10 of portland went up and got it and made the catch in the end zone with 1 minute to go in the game. Put SC up 12-7. Portland go the ball back drove down the field and threw a pass near the 5 yard line going in and SC's corner made a game saving tackle.

THE END!!

Mine doesn't go back that far... only about a month actually  :huh:  but the Portland vs. Livingston Academy game this year was great.  For all of the hype and expectations that went into that game, it definitely lived up to it with LA winning 26-23 in OT.  Best HS football game I've ever saw live.

825437724[/snapback]

I was at that one too, that was a Great Game!! ;)