Memorable Games

THSVikings2004

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed....Bradley- 64 at Farragut- 65 in 7OT in 1995 second round. I think the game was tied at 14 after regulation. A defensive standoff turned into firewoks in OT.

825449465[/snapback]

MBA_BA 1996--- pre split, 2 best teams in the state, quarter finals, BA wins in double OT on a short run by Tito Lee-- BA goes on to the title, doesn't play a close game the rest of the way

MBA-Bolles (Jacksonville, FLA) 1999--- Big Red vs one of the top programs in FLA, Bolles takes the lead for the 1st time with 1:30 to go, Ingle Martin orchestrates a 70 yd drive in about 6 plays, running the last 20 himself for the win

Riverdale- Germantown 1994, 5A title game, Riverdale stops 3 shots from the 1 in the 3d Qt to keep it close, then Alvin Duke goes 58 yds with 3 minutes to go, gets hit by 8 or 9 different guys on the run, to score the go ahead TD, Germantown drives to Riverdale 20, David Coppeans deflcts a pass and Corey Carney intercepts to seal the win

MBA-Bolles (Jacksonville, FLA) 1999--- Big Red vs one of the top programs in FLA, Bolles takes the lead for the 1st time with 1:30 to go, Ingle Martin orchestrates a 70 yd drive in about 6 plays, running the last 20 himself for the win

825450114[/snapback]

That was my most memorable one. I think that minute and change was the only time MBA trailed the entire year.

What often goes unmentioned in that drive is that Barton Simmons laid a ferocious block on one of those plays on the drive that sprung Martin on a long run after being forced out of the pocket. Ricky Bowers said it best to the media that year when he said that Simmons was an "uncommon hitter". I'm sure many opponents in the Ivy League have found that out when they've come to play Simmons at Yale during the past five years.

November 12 round 2 SC vs. Portland. Best game I have ever watched. SC led the whole game. Portland scored with 2 minutes to go in the game. Converted to fourth and longs to score and keep the drive alive. SC then got the ball back ran two or three plays. SC's qb threw a jumpball to #2 and him and #10 of portland went up and got it and made the catch in the end zone with 1 minute to go in the game. Put SC up 12-7. Portland go the ball back drove down the field and threw a pass near the 5 yard line going in and SC's corner made a game saving tackle.

THE END!!

825438095[/snapback]

What a great game. Our offense had struggled the entire game, and when Portland went ahead I was very worried. Thankfully things went our way and we were able to pull out the win!

However, that game has to be my second most memorable. The first was Smith Co. at Macon Co. in last season's playoffs. The buildup for the game all week was crazy. Very similar to this week as Fulton comes to town :justwrestle: ... Anyway, even though it was a loss for us, the game was still great as Macon wins behind two unbelievable kicks in the final minutes. A 75 yard (I think) punt, followed by a 50 yard FG on the next possession to give Macon the 10-9 win. I'll never forget the atmosphere, the game, or Macon taking down the goalposts. :huh: