Ooltewah to win district?

owlsfan10

I had heard that Soddy had beaten Farragut pretty bad in a scrimmage on Saturday, but the question is how many football players were missing from both squads? I just don't see the Owls winning the district though. Some of the Owls non-district games include Notre Dame, Walker Valley, Cleveland, Temple, Grace, Rhea County, McMinn County, and a couple of tournaments at SE Whitfield, GA and McMinn County. A solid non-district schedule (usually done by the girls coach so they can get some easy wins, but better than past years on the boys side)

825431686[/snapback]

it wasn't farragut, i heard that it was oak ridge, and yes they were missing all of their football players such as spencer gulmire who are their superstars so it wasn't saying much, but yeah they did beat them pretty bad

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with mnewballer that soddy has nothing and with owlsfan that 3-5 will be a toss up. i have to give the edge to brainerd over the owls. at the ooltewah brainerd game, it was clear that corey sanders has a intangible presence of the floor and how to lead his team. they are good, persistent, and control the ball and clock. when they are ahead, it is hard to come back because they are so good at controlling the ball and the lead.

how does red bank and central look. central got waxed in the jamboree, and i haven't heard much about red bank.

soddy has rende obviously. though he is an excellent scorer, he will be contained and shut down to an extent. the only way soddy can win and put points on the scoreboard is if they distribute the ball and score with other people... especially off the bench. but i know that they are a decent-good team so i'll give them some slack.

1. Brainerd

2. Ooltewah

3. Central

4. Soddy Daisy

5. Red Bank

Another question....because I think Ooltewah can at least finish second in district...possibly first with a good showing against Brainerd....

...after losing the perimeter shooters from last year...well, after losing almost everyone from last year, do they have enough fire power to get past district?  like region, etc....

825431555[/snapback]

Seeing them perform they absolutly have enough talent to make it past region. Their perimeter game has since developed since year year. Brown's game has developed greatly, Foster still has some range from outside, Courtney was hammering three's, and even their bigger guys can knock them down. They will definately be able to hold there own inside and out.

Seeing them perform they absolutly have enough talent to make it past region. Their perimeter game has since developed since year year. Brown's game has developed greatly, Foster still has some range from outside, Courtney was hammering three's, and even their bigger guys can knock them down. They will definately be able to hold there own inside and out.

825433077[/snapback]

Watch for Curtis Porter this year.... I think he'll have a huge impact on the Owls season. Ooltewah will be that much stronger if Porter is grabbing boards and White is shooting from the outside.

ya... ive heard all but good things come out about curtis. owlsbaseball, did he play last year; whats his number? but like you said, ool. does have a perimeter game, and always has. they are well coached and will be dominant in the district. just watch out for brainerd. hotsauce, your crazy. just b/c youve got a new coach doesnt mean the teams dynamic has changed. they are still a young weak team. rende - junior, goodwin - junior, crawford - junior, bush - junior.... the list goes on and on, who are the seniors. in your district you need leadership, and rende is the only one who can provide it, but when teams double team him or go to a man defense, where will the leadership come from... nowwhere! soddy will have a rough year, and i think people can go ahead and "take them lightly." we won't regret it.

just curious, owlsbaseball, when does ooltewah play temple... i would like to see that game. i was planning on seeing the ool. brainerd game, but that is on the same night of soddy hixson. so oh well!

I really don't see Ooltewah getting past Brainerd in the district, but I do see them giving them a good run for their money. Ooltewah really doesn't seem to have the talent to match up against a team like Brainerd that has a reputation for balling. But if Ooltewah can play flawless bball in the tournament, they could come out the champions. Before we talk about the playoffs however, let's focus on everything one game at a time, Notre Dame, this Thursday in the barn.