DB vs Oak Ridge

bud

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for you DB fans...did SD jsut shut Lamon down?  Because his name was not even in the box score this morning in Chattanooga.  What happened?  Just a question, so don't get defensive.  He's got to be more of a player next week if DB wis going to beat OR.

825431541[/snapback]

They ran alot of cover two, double teamed him....D-B has used him as a decoy almost all year......S-D defense was so concerned about him they let the other D-B receivers outrun the coverage.....Ferguson is deadly accurate on the long ball...when Lamon was a sophomore and the limited time he played as a junior he was the main receiver....but this year both Matt McMillan(1-AA prospect(both brothers played college ball) and Darrell Hayes(D-B's third legit D-1 prospect) are great receivers. McMillan finished with 73 yards on 3 catches, while Hayes had 94 yards on 5 catches. Williams had 51 tough yards on 6 catches - some of them with defenders hanging on him and drew a crucial pass interference penalty in the end zone. Ferguson has completed 154 passes to 16 different receivers this season for 2578 yards and 31 TD's of which Lamon has caught 49 for 917 yards and 12 TD's.

biglon, you better believe  the Central Bobcat will be around. The Cats of Oak Ridge should not have much trouble with the Indians this time around, may be close for a half. Thats if the Cats use their weapons as they as did this week, if they go back to a one man offense they will lose, but they seem to be on a really good offensive roll right now. I don't know what has happened but their offense  seems so much more balanced now. I have not been to their games but I have seen most of their replays. The big tight/rush end #43 and #45 fullback is as good as I  have seen. Enjoy littons I will try and come by but you know where I gotta be Friday night, we have the privilege and opportunity of putting the Rebs out, it will be tough but  the way they struggled against Powell we have good shot. Good Luck Cats and Indians. Central Bobcat

825431195[/snapback]

Good luck to the Bobcats...like to see the Bobcats or Tennessee High knock off the mighty Rebs!

They ran alot of cover two, double teamed him....D-B has used him as a decoy almost all year......S-D defense was so concerned about him they let the other D-B receivers outrun the coverage.....Ferguson is deadly accurate on the long ball...when Lamon was a sophomore and the limited time he played as a junior he was the main receiver....but this year both Matt McMillan(1-AA prospect(both brothers played college ball) and Darrell Hayes(D-B's third legit D-1 prospect) are great receivers.  McMillan finished with 73 yards on 3 catches, while Hayes had 94 yards on 5 catches. Williams had 51 tough yards on 6 catches - some of them with defenders hanging on him and drew a crucial pass interference penalty in the end zone.  Ferguson has completed 154 passes to 16 different receivers this season for 2578 yards and 31 TD's of which Lamon has caught 49 for 917 yards and 12 TD's.

825431658[/snapback]

Also, a lot of his catches were crucial 3rd and long catches when he got popped by the defenders but still held on to the ball..... and on McMillan's touchdown, they said Lamon was triple covered which allowed matt to get behind the defense.......

Its like the way matt mcmillan plays defense.... he doesn't get a lot of big showy tackles, but he takes out 2-3 blockers on plays which allow other defenders to make the big play......

How about we make this one big thread instead of 2. So lets go to Arty Boys.

825431872[/snapback]

I agree. In fact, I already said it.

oh ya i fergot...lets consolidate this weeks discussion into one thread.  ya know, just so it gets lotsa hype.  and so we can surpass that db-soddy thread that got like, 1000+ views and went to like 24 pages.  thats insane, im convinced that the Tribe fans, and prolly alot of anti-fans, are the biggest coacht fanatics behind me.  haha, ne wayz, the DB INDIANS @ OAK RIDGE WILDCATS started by ArtVandaly, one of my fave contributors i must say, has some support, im goin there

825430842[/snapback]

haha, sorry bud. people never jump on my threads much either. I've only had one go hot topic..its like a trophy. next time tho bud ;)

I have seen them both play and I dont think Oak Ridge can hang with them. I think Oak Ridge is just not going to have what it takes this year. Never the less it  will be a great game and I will be there. DB 42 OR 28

825431611[/snapback]

I've seen them both play, and I know that Oak Ridge is going to have what it takes- just like we did last year! It will be a great game....

OR 28 DB 17