DB vs Oak Ridge

bud

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clash of the titans in this one, everyone has been talking about this rematch since the first meeting. There are so many story lines in this game its hard to keep track, DB tries to get revenge for last season playoff lost, OR gets revenge for this years lost, Lamon suits up against OR this year, will it matter? Has OR learned anything since their last meeting? There are stars on both sides of the field, both teams want to, and have a good chance to play for a chance of a state championship this year, both teams have a large fan base, DB tries to get its first gold ball, the Ship is amost impossible to win at in the month of Nov. WHAT A GAME!

I think I`ll be making the trip out to OR friday night, some games are can`t miss games, this is one of them.

Edited by JC4life

One of the key questions in my mind is if DB really tough schedule will help them or hurt them. Looking from the outside you would say that a really would make DB ready for the good teams that lie ahead, but DB has been physically and mentally spent in the last two weeks playing the Owls and SD. While at the same time OR has cruised through the playoffs with Sevier Co and Farragut. The DB offense seems to be having problems as of late,I`m sure it has something to do with the elevated teams they are playing, but still. Will we have an overconfindent, so far unproven in the playoffs team in OR, or will we get an beat up, exausted DB team. I know it it very hard to get fired up to the same level for every single game. I`m not saying that OR hasn`t been fired up to play these last two games, but they haven`t really needed to. Maybe DB has been saving their intensity for this game and that is why we haven`t seen the same DB we are use to seeing come this time of year.........maybe OR has been saving their intensity as well.

One of the key questions in my mind is if DB really tough schedule will help them or hurt them. Looking from the outside you would say that a really would make DB ready for the good teams that lie ahead, but DB has been physically and mentally spent in the last two weeks playing the Owls and SD. While at the same time OR has cruised through the playoffs with Sevier Co and Farragut. The DB offense seems to be having problems as of late,I`m sure it has something to do with the elevated teams they are playing, but still. Will we have an overconfindent, so far unproven in the playoffs team in OR, or will we get an beat up, exausted DB team. I know it it very hard to get fired up to the same level for every single game. I`m not saying that OR hasn`t been fired up to play these last two games, but they haven`t really needed to. Maybe DB has been saving their intensity for this game and that is why we haven`t seen the same DB we are use to seeing come this time of year.........maybe OR has been saving their intensity as well.

825429975[/snapback]

The only thing I would point out is that Oak Ridge had to beat both of those teams to win the region. Our road to win the region was far tougher than DB's. Remember, Farragut beat Ooltewah as well. Tonight we played our best ball of the season and are beginning to peak here at the right time. That said, I expect both teams to bring their "A" game and it should be another classic. Can't wait.

It's on. We knew it would be and here we go agian.

DB 12-0 and Oak Ridge 11-1

Graham Clark said after the SD game tonight... DB vs Oak Ridge, it's like going to the Dentist.... do it twice a year! Giddy Up Graham, Giddy Up!!

Only 1 team has ever beaten the Wildcats twice in a season, DB (did it twice). No one has ever beaten Oak Ridge twice @ home in the same year. It is a tough task indeed.

I can't wait for my 2nd ever trip to the Ship!! May the best team win, and I am sure the best team will win. It may take more than 4 qtrs. to find out who that is.

I do wish this game was 1 Round deeper in the playoffs. There will be 2 teams that will advance to the semi's that are not near as good as The Indians and the Wildcats.

Slap down, the best Rivalry in Tennessee. I would rather win this game than any State Championship.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!