Franklin at Brentwood

FHSrebel27

FHSREBEL27 -  :P  I'm #78, Ben Jackson,  for the Bruins, disregard the OT thing, I changed to guard this year. I would love to talk to you after the game.  I will be starting if you want to watch me.

Everyone - Been Fun talking to Franklin and Brentwood people alike, thanks for the last three years of your comments and concerns. Hopefully there are no injuries Friday on either side of the ball.

GO BRUINS!  thumb

825435146[/snapback]

If I was going to be there, I would... have always enjoyed your posts. This is the first Brentwood/Franklin game I've missed since I started to follow the Rebels. Granted, that hasn't been very long in the whole scheme of things, but I still can't believe I won't be there. Good luck to ya Friday night.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to think about Steven Hotard when I think of this.... or Derrian Waters.... or any other player on the Rebels team.  If your leaning towards Brentwood for the most heart, think again...

825434119[/snapback]

Now that you've named your two Franklin players that remind you of playing with heart, I'll tell you what I saw on Friday night. OL/DL Jim Gore left the field with an injury, who was in place of Andrew Hanks that was hurt a week before, while MLB Tyler Sinclair looked on because he's been gone for the season for several weeks now. I saw JV linemen come in and play their hearts out. I saw Thomas Welch, Brian Heimerdinger, and Steven Slowey play hurt. I saw QB Bruce McCurdy play sick. Brentwood left it all on the field Friday night, so before you tell me to "think again" make sure you know what I'm talking about.

Edited by CALL4BRUINS

Heart ....there has never been a question of heart on the part of either of these two teams in the past three years. That is, of course, not true of all teams in the region or in the county.

Germantown or Houston ... a mute point, but since you insist....Region 8 is a lot like Region 5 to us... good teams, but typically not the dimension of play we are accustom to. Germantown last year was an exception rather than a rule. If we survive Brentwood, obviously we would like to try to inflict revenge on Germantowwn.

Last is the matter of luck v. health. I wish Brentwood the worst of luck...fumbles, interceptions, false starts, holding penalties, shanked punts, high snaps and any other miscues they can come up with. But when its all over with, I pray they walk off the field unhurt, that they will hold their heads high and know that they had a great team, made life-long friends, played for great fans, learned from great coaches and were simply beaten by a better team!

Guest region4fan

What Rebel is NOT going to this game. The JINX is staying in LA?? Franklin.................there is HOPE for you now!! :D

Best of luck to both teams. You are both clas acts and deserve all the rankings and accolades that you receive. Hopefully Franklin will be in our non-region schedule once again so rebel and I can tangle up again like old times. :)

You know what's really wrong about these playoffs, is that this will be the sixth time in three years these two teams have met. Historically these two teams have been two of the better teams in Class 5A, and shouldn't be compelled to wade through each other, or their region twice to advance on. This has all the earmarking of a semi-final, not quarterfinal matchup. Need to go back to the way it used to be years ago where you wouldn't meet a region foe until the semi's. As it is now, the best teams in the toughest region in the state literally have to win it all over again to move on. Who do we think we are, Division II? If that's the case then the winner Friday should be declared the champion. Unfortunately, a very good football team will advance, and a very good football team will go home "technically" only of the top eight teams in 5A.

Now that you've named your two Franklin players that remind you of playing with heart, I'll tell you what I saw on Friday night. OL/DL Jim Gore left the field with an injury, who was in place of Andrew Hanks that was hurt a week before, while MLB Tyler Sinclair looked on because he's been gone for the season for several weeks now. I saw JV linemen come in and play their hearts out. I saw Thomas Welch, Brian Heimerdinger, and Steven Slowey play hurt. I saw QB Bruce McCurdy play sick. Brentwood left it all on the field Friday night, so before you tell me to "think again" make sure you know what I'm talking about.

825435537[/snapback]

Sorry I didn't mention everyone on our team. Brooks Plummer, torn ACL, John Hewitt, mono, Tim Leach, sick, etc. Sorry, I must have been distracted by the huge picture of Welch on your sig...

You know what's really wrong about these playoffs, is that this will be the sixth time in three years these two teams have met.  Historically these two teams have been two of the better teams in Class 5A, and shouldn't be compelled to wade through each other, or their region twice to advance on.  This has all the earmarking of a semi-final, not quarterfinal matchup.  Need to go back to the way it used to be years ago where you wouldn't meet a region foe until the semi's.  As it is now, the best teams in the toughest region in the state literally have to win it all over again to move on.  Who do we think we are, Division II?  If that's the case then the winner Friday should be declared the champion.  Unfortunately, a very good football team will advance, and a very good football team will go home "technically" only of the top eight teams in 5A.

825435936[/snapback]

Wow, very rare that during a Franklin-Brentwood week I agree with fromthetop2. I can't agree with him more and couldn't have said it better! This has been, IMO, the game of the west bracket the past two years (though Franklin didn't hold their part of the bargain last year and let G'town slide by 'em).