Franklin at Brentwood

FHSrebel27

Go back to your own thread...We don't need any L v. G talk up in here, and I don't think you can compare the two games. It's not even close! That's like comparing a lower level D1 game to the Super Bowl.

825437099[/snapback]

trublue - Was I talking to you? NO! I was talking to rebel27. He said that there was no game around that could come close to the atmosphere that Fraklin/BW would have. I politely said that Lip/GP would have an electric atmosphere as well. Chill out little fella.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeeVon....are you serious? You seriously came on this thread to talk noise about the Camden Lions? I've never even heard of Camden...and I'm guessin that's cause I don't give a crap about 2A football. You're 2A All-Stars couldn't even come close to steppin up to a 5A team...especially not Brentwood of Franklin...let alone Riverdale or Dobyns-Bennett. I'm glad your such a passionate supporter of the Camden Lions...even if they do win the State Championship in 2A this year...I'll continue to not care.

This aside...at this point in the season in a game of this magnitude I think it's pretty safe to say that you can throw all the game statistics, previous scores, and personnel out the window. Both teams are gunna come out well prepared to play and eager to get a win and head to Memphis for Thanksgiving.

Terry was not involved in the actual "theft." The head was taken following a region final basketball game in which the then arch rival Columbia Lions, led by future Vanderbilt star and North Carolina State athletic director Lee Fowler soundly defeated the Rebels. Franklin-Columbia in those days was a very intense rivalry. Franklin had beaten the Lions twice that season, but the Rebels were way out of this game by the half. Wondering why the Columbia Lion mascot at times left his head resting on the floor, some mischievous students (four varsity football players) schemed to snatch the head off the floor at the end of the game. Sure enough, when the final horn sounded and the Lion faithful celebrated, the head remained on the floor.

The Columbia gym had exit doors underneath one of the baskets. The four football players formed a human relay. One of them (I will not say who) snatched the head off the floor and threw it to his teammate positioned outside the door who in turn threw it to to yet another unnamed former Rebel and the four of them raced to their car. Fortunately none of Columbia's finest pulled them over as they sped back to Franklin to enjoy a post-game meal at the Holiday Restaurant....TO BE CONTINUED...IT GETS MUCH BETTER

825437206[/snapback]

If this is who I think it is...will you be coming up to Franklin to umpire at Jim Warren Park and Liberty Park on Memorial Day Weekend? We'll head out to Chili's after the games each night.

If this is who I think it is...will you be coming up to Franklin to umpire at Jim Warren Park and Liberty Park on Memorial Day Weekend?  We'll head out to Chili's after the games each night.

825438739[/snapback]

Chili's is always a good choice...now to continue the story...On Monday the aforementioned thieves went to then principal Sanders and confessed what they had done. They told him that if he would allow them to place it in the Franklin trophy case, they would tell him where it was. He refused, so the head was kept under wraps at various locations until the next football season.

The day before Columbia was scheduled to pay the Rebel gridders a visit, the head re-appeared. During the light Thursday practice the head was placed on the 50 yard line inside what is now known as Howard Gamble Stadium. It created the reaction from the players that everyone expected. What was not expected was head coach Bob Hardison's reaction. He took the head from the players and locked it up in the coaches office!!

This tale will continue and it is in the next segment that Terry makes his appearance...stay tuned...

I'd love too, if they sent me a scholarship, why don't you talk to their Recruiter  :blink:

I think this is in response too the fact they don't wanna get beat by Brentwood at home again.  :)  GO BRUINS! May the Rebels have the worst of luck. May their whole first team miss the bus, may their fans show up at Howard Gamble thinking it's a home game, may they get all the bad calls, and may they tie their shoolaces together.

825436462[/snapback]

Interesting, coming from the school who got slapped by Germantown in 1999 and 2000; suppose you'll say that this was before Brentwood's glory years....nice....

I GUESS IF 4 YEARS AGO WAS CONSIDERED RELEVANT TO ANYTHING, YOU'D BE RIGHT. YOU'RE LIKE THE FAT KID WHO GETS PICKED LAST AT DODGEBALL. YOU'RE FAT. GOOD JOB ON WINNING THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002 AND 2003. OH, NO WAIT, WE ROASTED YOU LIKE A STUCK PIG IN 2002. SORRY. GOOD LUCK BEATING HOUSTON, LIKE YOU DID IN THE REGULAR SEASON. OH, NO, MY MISTAKE AGAIN. YOU GOT ROLLED OVER.

YOU JUST GOT FLEXED. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

825439228[/snapback]

:o Good luck to both teams this weekend and hopefully Germantown will host one of ya'll over the holidays.

I GUESS IF 4 YEARS AGO WAS CONSIDERED RELEVANT TO ANYTHING, YOU'D BE RIGHT. YOU'RE LIKE THE FAT KID WHO GETS PICKED LAST AT DODGEBALL. YOU'RE FAT. GOOD JOB ON WINNING THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002 AND 2003. OH, NO WAIT, WE ROASTED YOU LIKE A STUCK PIG IN 2002. SORRY. GOOD LUCK BEATING HOUSTON, LIKE YOU DID IN THE REGULAR SEASON. OH, NO, MY MISTAKE AGAIN. YOU GOT ROLLED OVER.

YOU JUST GOT FLEXED. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

825439228[/snapback]

I didn't just get "FLEXED" by you. Please, replying to a topic entirely in caps lock

is so 6 years ago, in the same time period when Brentwood football was nothing. How am I like the fat kid who gets picked last in dodgeball.....that's not relevant and is actually rather random. You didn't roast us like a stuck pig in 2002...you won 24-14...that's not roasting. As far as Houston goes.....don't even go there....were you at the game....do you know the score.....15-14....that's not getting rolled over......they scored one TD, missed the PAT, and scored 3 field goals....not exactly dominating.....but neither was Germantown, who only had a good first half. Thanks about the 2003 title, by the way....even though neither our 2003 title or Brentwood's 2002 title are "CONSIDERED RELEVANT TO ANYTHING." B)

Edited by gtowngrad04