12-0 DCA Beats a Game Wayne County Team

unbiasedspectator

DCA beats Wayne County tonight 38-16. Wayne County definately kept this a good football game for 3 quarters.

-DCA took the opening kick and Wooden finished the drive with a five yard TD run. The drive was highlighted by a beautiful 33 yard run by Jim Fenwich on 3rd and 8.

-Wayne County ran the triple option and picked up small chunks of yardage against an unusually porous DCA defense. C.J. Hammack broke loose and nearly scored before the ball was knocked out and recovered inside the DCA 3. Fenwich slipped and fell in the endzone and was downed for a safety. Wayne County scored on what I believe was their first pass of the night to Hammack out of the backfield for a 20 yard touchdown. 8-7 Wayne County after 1.

-DCA drove down the field again and Wooden capped with a great 15 yard TD run.

Wooden appeared to be sandwiched in the backfield but somehow manuevered out, sprinted to the corner and dove to the house.

-DCA stopped Wayne County on a 4th down and drove deep in WC territory on a long run by Ryan Fields. Wayne County stopped DCA on a fourth down, though, and it was 13-8 at halftime.

-DCA smashed Jo Ruddle in the backfield and recovered his fumble on WC's first second quarter possession. DCA came back with a very long run by Wooden, and Wooden finished it off with a TD plunge.

-WC came back and scored on a Ruddle TD lunge after Ruddle took an option 50 yards to DCA territory. They fake the extra point and threw a conversion pass to Nutt. 21-16.

-DCA came right back with a 30 yard TD pass from Fenwich to Austin Garrett. 28-16.

-Wooden finished his night with another TD run and a FG finished the game's scoring.

Final is 38-16 and i'll be back with stats.

Well I shall give credit to Wayne County. They played a heck of a game but DCA did their job on defense, causing turnovers and making plays on offense. It all played out in the end as most people predicted. Unbiasedspectator, I must applaud you on your predictions as of late. You hit most of them right on the button because you suggested earlier on the other post that it would 38-14. Only off by the 16 that they scored. The safety was kind of clumsy though, but no harm no foul. I can't wait for the Mt. Pleasant game. It's going to be a doozy.

This was a great game up unti middle of 4th quarter. DCA lines play was amazing but the undersized Wayne County team's line played great. Wooden got his numbers but Ruddle and Hammack from Wayne County combined to rush for almost 300 yds. Congratulations to the Wayne Co. Wildcats on a great year and to the seniors on a great carrer.

I was concerned about DCA's coaching staff leaving all starters in on their last defensive series. The game was in hand but Woooden, 56 , 31, 72 and all the rest didn't come off the field. I think thay would not dare risk injury that late in the game . Congrats to DCA.

Did I see this correctly? Wayne Co. out gained DCA by fifty yards. Maybe Region 6A deserves a little respect from everyone who has called our region weak all season. Region 5 and 6 are as evenly matched as ever before. Obviously.

Great season W.C.Kittycats. See you next year. At our house.

825432480[/snapback]

So far its 3 wins each for region 6 and region 5. Mt. Pleasant/DCA winner breaks the tie. I agree looks like little ole region 6 can hang with the ABC region.

I was out of the country during the CPA/MP game and could not access internet or post on CoachT prior to or after the game.

If I had predicted, I would have probably guessed MP in a close one, as it turned out. I love CPA and I rarely pick them to lose, but they just had not played well the last 5-6 games. Actually, for reasons I don't understand, they underachieved this year.

Not to take anything away from MP. THey deserve credit for a great season and will play DCA tough, but CPA returned the best group of players as seniors this year in the history of the school. After the Riverdale and Goodpasture games, I thought they would win the state, but the season went somewhat downhill from there.

The final 8 is what I thought except Coalfield and Greenback. The west winner will have a tough time with Boyd. I say Boyd wins it.

Great fun this year on CoachT. I enjoyed "jawing" with all you fans - well, at least the ones with class.

Divepix,

Are you suprised at Coalfield and Greenback being there because you thought it should be Unaka and Midway?

If you will recall both Coalfield and Greenback were highly rated in the earlier part of the season. I think Coalfield got as high as 5 in the polls. They have now proven past the polls that they are in the top 8 as well as Greenback. One of those two will be a top four Saturday morning. Maybe the polls weren't so wrong after all on at least one of those. B)

Divepix,

Are you suprised at Coalfield and Greenback being there because you thought it should be Unaka and Midway?

If you will recall both Coalfield and Greenback were highly rated in the earlier part of the season. I think Coalfield got as high as 5 in the polls. They have now proven past the polls that they are in the top 8 as well as Greenback. One of those two will be a top four Saturday morning. Maybe the polls weren't so wrong after all on at least one of those.  :)

825434471[/snapback]

Picking Unaka and Midway was perfectly logical due to season's results.

-- Coalfield lost 3 games in a row in the 2nd half of the season, including a loss to Greenback (40-24) and Midway (21-0).

-- Greenback lost to Midway (13-0).

So how can you say Midway should not have been picked? They beat both Coalfield and Greenback.

-- Unaka only had one loss to Cloudland who won 6 of their last 7 games.

I'm not putting the 2 teams down. They proved they are winners. However, their wins were an upset according to above results and season. I don't care about polls.

Great job, DCA! You didn't exactly play your "A" game, but you got the job done and took care of business. I wanna give a lot of credit to Wayne County. Their offense threw our defense "a curve ball" and they executed very well. They were quite a bit undersized, but gave an extremely gutty effort. They are a region 6 team that has gained a lot of respect from me and from a lot of others that I know. However, great job DCA. I can't wait to go to "the jungle" and play Mt. Pleasant. The jungle is gonna get wild on Friday Night!! <_<

By the way, nice job unbiased spectator as my good friend stembowhat said, you were right on the money with the prediction. Nice job!!

Edited by oh my guy!