DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

Actually, and I could be wrong, I think some of DCA's linemen were undersized. They were strong, well-coached and executed extremely well.

Other than #72 and #1, who was over 200 pounds on DCA's line? I'm probably wrong, but I think the DCA lines weigh less than Mt. Pleasant's lines.

DCA has worked hard in the weight room and they are well-conditioned. That line has worked hard over a long period of time.

DCA was just too much, they were just huge up front....Great season MP, enjoyed watching y'all play. Good luck to the seniors who walked away from this season. 12-1....thats not too bad is it ;)

825442760[/snapback]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually every single one of them are over 200 pounds easily. I don't think we were looking at the same line.

DCA's line might not look like the heaviest line because their not 400 pound slugs that have their gut spilling over their belt. They are big, built, and very strong.

Were you sittin up really high or something? How do you think MP's line is bigger?

Actually StanTrott, you are correct. With the exception of #72 who is huge and #53 who is really tall (but almost on the thin side for a lineman), they are just average size players. However, they are very quick and extremely well coached technique wise. Therefore, they play HUGE and they are the key to the entire offense.

Actually, after looking at both rosters, I owe you an apology, Stan. MP's line does WEIGH more than DCA's. I still don't think you can call DCA's line undersized because they all stood a foot taller than the guy they were matched up with. Again, read my other post. Weighing more doesn't make you a better line.

DCA's heaviest lineman is 6'5 295. MP's is 320 lbs. I'd take Thompson(DCA lineman) any day of the week. He's a Mr. Football finalist.

Edited by unbiasedspectator