DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

I wish that some of you guys would stop making this game into a "public school" vs. a "private school" game.  Just face the facts that really matter.  These are two very talented and great teams.  It doesn't matter what kind of school they are, what their high school enrollment is, or how many coaches they have on the sidelines.  Both of these teams have D-1 talent on both sides of the ball.  Ya'll should be excited about seeing a great game between two unbeatens!!

825437698[/snapback]

Whoa there! You are right about the fact that everyone should cease making this a public vs. private affair. However, regarding your enrollment condition not being a factor, this is not true for the future. In point of fact, it WILL matter what their high school enrollment is next year, per the multiplier effect being implemented. Region 6 is all alone next year. With DCA, CPA, Ezell-Harding, and from the East, Boyd-Buchanon, moving up to 2A next year, Region 6 better bring home the bacon, or something is wrong. Furthermore, Region 6 will not have to contend with Davidson Academy, which is moving to Div. II. Coach Wade is a fabulous coach, and he would have eventually led DA to becoming a powerhouse in 1A. So, Region 6, the threats have been removed. Congratulations. But, that is not what this is really about. As far as both teams having D-1 talent, I say "Whoa there!" Please understand what D1 talent really looks like. There are great HS football players on both sides (DCA & MP) of the ball, but great in HS doesn't even equate to average at the D1 level. Nobody for either team has the speed. Now, that doesn't mean that these two schools don't have collegiate prospects, because they do, but you said "D-1". D1 is nothing like DII or DIII. Unless you've been there, RECENTLY, you probably don't understand what DI talent really is. SPEED is the mother of all good things at the DI level. If any one on either side has the chance, it is probably RoRo, but he needs to gain weight and get much stronger for the possibility of playing safety. However, it will take a tremendous amount of sacrifice on his behalf, and I don't personally know his level of committment to the game, because for him to succeed at the DI level, it must be one of the 3 most important things in his life. Webster would need to gain much more weight, improve his strength, speed, hands, and enthusiasm to play at the DI level. #32 for MP has great speed, but he is small. With hard work, he could possibly work his way onto a DI team as a receiver. Wooden has the toughness, but not the speed. I think he has been too banged up over his HS career. Now, for the record, I am not saying that it is impossible for these kids to play at the DI level, for there is potential there, but it would require a level of sacrifice that these kids have never had to endure. I don't know if there hearts are that big. When watching these games, remember that it's 1A in the state of Tennessee. These boys would just be another kid in a big school in Texas, California, Florida, etc.

Understand what DI really means. It's not as easy to get there as everybody assumes it to be.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa there!  You are right about the fact that everyone should cease making this a public vs. private affair. However, regarding your enrollment condition not being a factor, this is not true for the future. In point of fact, it WILL matter what their high school enrollment is next year, per the multiplier effect being implemented.  Region 6 is all alone next year.  With DCA, CPA, Ezell-Harding, and from the East, Boyd-Buchanon,  moving up to 2A next year, Region 6 better bring home the bacon, or something is wrong.    Furthermore, Region 6 will not have to contend with Davidson Academy, which is moving to Div. II.  Coach Wade is a fabulous coach, and he would have eventually led DA to becoming a powerhouse in 1A.  So, Region 6, the threats have been removed.  Congratulations.  But, that is not what this is really about.  As far as both teams having D-1 talent, I say "Whoa there!"  Please understand what D1 talent really looks like.  There are great HS football players on both sides (DCA & MP) of the ball, but great in HS doesn't even equate to average at the D1 level.  Nobody for either team has the speed.  Now, that doesn't mean that these two schools don't have collegiate prospects, because they do, but you said "D-1".  D1 is nothing like DII or DIII.  Unless you've been there, RECENTLY, you probably don't understand what DI talent really is.  SPEED is the mother of all good things at the DI level.  If any one on either side has the chance, it is probably RoRo, but he needs to gain weight and get much stronger for the possibility of playing safety.  However, it will take a tremendous amount of sacrifice on his behalf, and I don't personally know his level of committment to the game, because for him to succeed at the DI level, it must be one of the 3 most important things in his life.  Webster would need to gain much more weight, improve his strength, speed, hands, and enthusiasm to play at the DI level.  #32 for MP has great speed, but he is small.  With hard work, he could possibly work his way onto a DI team as a receiver.  Wooden has the toughness, but not the speed.  I think he has been too banged up over his HS career.  Now, for the record, I am not saying that it is impossible for these kids to play at the DI level, for there is potential there, but it would require a level of sacrifice that these kids have never had to endure.  I don't know if there hearts are that big.  When watching these games, remember that it's 1A in the state of Tennessee.  These boys would just be another kid in a big school in Texas, California, Florida, etc. 

Understand what DI really means.  It's not as easy to get there as everybody assumes it to be.

825438236[/snapback]

You are right about the new multiplier rule. I was just relating my comment to this year and all the fuss about "public" vs. "private". I also realize that it takes a whole, whole lot of talent and heart to play D-1 football. It is a whole different level in college especially in major D-1 conferences. I know that there is a lot of talent on both of these teams. However, if some actually do have the heart and desire that it takes I believe that the players that you mentioned (and maybe 1or 2 more) have a chance of playing D-1 football (not for teams like Oklahoma or USC, but for many solid D-1 schools).

"RoRo" is the player that I think could play DIV I. Jamarcus is a good player but I don't think it'll be DIV I, but he'll definitely play somewhere. Don't forget about Adam Nolen for Mt. Pleasant, OL,DL, He's like 6-4 270 and is really athletic for his size. I definitely think he could play somewhere. The Lineman tend to get left out during prospect discussions.

Edited by stephenzca

Whoa there!  You are right about the fact that everyone should cease making this a public vs. private affair. However, regarding your enrollment condition not being a factor, this is not true for the future. In point of fact, it WILL matter what their high school enrollment is next year, per the multiplier effect being implemented.  Region 6 is all alone next year.  With DCA, CPA, Ezell-Harding, and from the East, Boyd-Buchanon,  moving up to 2A next year, Region 6 better bring home the bacon, or something is wrong.    Furthermore, Region 6 will not have to contend with Davidson Academy, which is moving to Div. II.  Coach Wade is a fabulous coach, and he would have eventually led DA to becoming a powerhouse in 1A.  So, Region 6, the threats have been removed.  Congratulations.  But, that is not what this is really about.  As far as both teams having D-1 talent, I say "Whoa there!"  Please understand what D1 talent really looks like.  There are great HS football players on both sides (DCA & MP) of the ball, but great in HS doesn't even equate to average at the D1 level.  Nobody for either team has the speed.  Now, that doesn't mean that these two schools don't have collegiate prospects, because they do, but you said "D-1".  D1 is nothing like DII or DIII.  Unless you've been there, RECENTLY, you probably don't understand what DI talent really is.  SPEED is the mother of all good things at the DI level.  If any one on either side has the chance, it is probably RoRo, but he needs to gain weight and get much stronger for the possibility of playing safety.  However, it will take a tremendous amount of sacrifice on his behalf, and I don't personally know his level of committment to the game, because for him to succeed at the DI level, it must be one of the 3 most important things in his life.  Webster would need to gain much more weight, improve his strength, speed, hands, and enthusiasm to play at the DI level.  #32 for MP has great speed, but he is small.  With hard work, he could possibly work his way onto a DI team as a receiver.  Wooden has the toughness, but not the speed.  I think he has been too banged up over his HS career.  Now, for the record, I am not saying that it is impossible for these kids to play at the DI level, for there is potential there, but it would require a level of sacrifice that these kids have never had to endure.  I don't know if there hearts are that big.  When watching these games, remember that it's 1A in the state of Tennessee.  These boys would just be another kid in a big school in Texas, California, Florida, etc. 

Understand what DI really means.  It's not as easy to get there as everybody assumes it to be.

825438236[/snapback]

What do you think about #72 for DCA. Is he a D1 prospect? I know he was being looked at by a couple of ACC and SEC schools.

I agree that both teams have both D1 Prospects and you mustn't forget Mark Thompson, #72 for DCA. He's 6'5", 300 pounds and he is a finalist for the Mr. Football for Class 1A. Do not say that these kids cannot play at the D1 level because they have the heart and talent to play. I know both MP and DCA have players that can cut it in D1. Speed comes as you grow and building up your legs so you don't have to worry about the speed problem. The game is closing in and it is less than 32 hours away :blink:. I'm ready to do the Wildcat rumble in the jungle.

:)

BRING IT ON