DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

I wasn't aware that Satan played football.

825435668[/snapback]

Hey, QuikPik your right, Satan doesn't play football. He just makes sure that people like catsfan01 are full of enough hate and ignorance to use football to express that hatred towards anyone private school related, even though he doesn't know the group of people he is talking about. They are just evil because they win more than the team he happens to pull for.That should be more than enough reason to generalize all private schools as the evil empire . Catsfan01, Be careful, when you pull for SATAN, you put him in your corner and thats a dangerous place to be!! Edited by w22bb22

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think 90% of those attending DCA would otherwise be zoned to go to McGavock. For those of you in Region 6,those of us who live right in Nashville don't have the educational option of Small Town USA complete with "Community High School". Our option would be private school or the huge magnet high school complete with metal detectors, armed off duty police and the whole nine yards. Let me assure you this is worlds away from 1A Mt. Pleasant High School. We are for the most part not rich and I assure you the parking lot is not full of BMW's or even new cars. We don't think that we are better, smarter or more educated than you, just different. Before you cut down private schools, you really need to understand this.

As for the football game Friday night, we can talk till we are all blue in the face and say whatever we want to say and it simply has absolutely no effect on what will happen on that field. I can assure you DCA will come to play their A game as I would expect MP to do. This is play offs...throw the stats, prior games, and records out the window. Thats the past and it really has no bearing on Friday night. Good Luck to all the Wildcats!!!!!!

stembowhat, i myself get really upset sometimes that we have to play the privates and say things that i don't really mean. i am pretty sure that's the same thing that happened in this case. i totally understand why parents send their kids to private schools in bigger cities. if i lived there, i would probably do the same. you also have to understand where we are coming from. all that us "small town schools" want is to have to play against the same competition. for instance, wayne co has three coaches in all. our coaches not only have to coach all week and break down film on the weekends, they also have to mow and paint the field. we don't have nine full time paid coaches like cpa not to mention someone to mow our field. you also have to understand that the only private school that this region plays all year is columbia academy who all think they hung the moon. they truly think that they are better than everyone else because they go to ca. hardly no one out of the ca students can hardly stand them. i know they do recruit because they talked one of my friends into playing for them. the guy i work for also was recruited to go there when he was in high school. they guaranteed him a scholarship to a four year school for baseball if he played for them or they would pay for him to go themselves. they also paid his highschool tuition. for the record they are supposed to be non financial aid. the only reason you never hear anything about ca on here is because they focus mainly just on baseball. we go into the games with these nashville schools with the same mentality as we have playing ca. i know for a fact that when i left the cpa field my senior year after we were beat in the playoffs by them that i felt totally different. they were the nicest people we had probaly ever played against. the same can be said for dca. wooden and number 23 came over into the wayne co huddle to talk to our seniors and tell them what a great game they played last friday. they also waited for us to get out of the locker room to talk to them some more. both of these schools are class acts. we all know this but we have no choice to be somewhat bitter because without the region 5 teams being in 1a, region 6could have possibly won the last six state championships in a row. collinwood could have won it four years in a row, wayne co could have won it last year and mp has a great shot to win it this year. i hope that somewere in this post you can understand where we are coming from.

with all of that being said, we all have to remember that mp has a great shot at beating both of the private powerhouses in the same year. come this friday night, mp has the chance to make all of our region proud. i have somewhat been on mp all year long. at the first of the season i talked about how i knew they would be undiciplined and they weren't. i then talked about how they were traditionaly punks and once again they weren't. our game with them was probaly the cleanest game all we played all year. i then said they couldn't stop the pass and last week they did. so i have finally came to the reality that no matter what happens this week, they are that good and deserve to be where they are. good luck friday night mp and bring it home for region 6!

To set the record straight. MP had 2 penalties for 20 yds and came back from 14 pts down.

How far does AM 1460 reach??

825435988[/snapback]

Its a local AM station that mainly covers the Mt. Pleasant area. If you come to the game bring your headset but a word of warning the guys on the air are "homers" and proud of it. The game will probably also be heard on www.schoolsportsradio.net but I am not sure if thats a done deal yet or not.

Its a local AM station that mainly covers the Mt. Pleasant area. If you come to the game bring your headset but a word of warning the guys on the air are "homers" and proud of it. The game will probably also be heard on www.schoolsportsradio.net but I am not sure if thats a done deal yet or not.

825436237[/snapback]

I heard the whole game last Friday night and I live in South pittsburg. You can get it on Coacht.

The guy that runs the website also runs a horse show site. So sometimes the horse shows take precedent over football. Thanks for listening in South Pittsburgh, we'll give you a shout out this week.

825436290[/snapback]

You need to remind him that a horse show can be seen most Friday Nights. This game is special, he may need help in getting his priorities right. :)

You need to remind him that a horse show can be seen most Friday Nights. This game is special, he may need help in getting his priorities right. :)

825436293[/snapback]

I think he makes his living on the horses, the football is something new he's trying. I try and tell him we got plenty of horses on that Tiger team. Thats just the internet. The radio always covers the games.

Edited by mphstigerfan

stembowhat, i myself get really upset sometimes that we have to play the privates and say things that i don't really mean.  i am pretty sure that's the same thing that happened in this case.  i totally understand why parents send their kids to private schools in bigger cities.  if i lived there, i would probably do the same.  you also have to understand where we are coming from.  all that us "small town schools" want is to have to play against the same competition.  for instance, wayne co has three coaches in all.  our coaches not only have to coach all week and break down film on the weekends, they also have to mow and paint the field.  we don't have nine full time paid coaches like cpa not to mention someone to mow our field.  you also have to understand that the only private school that this region plays all year is columbia academy who all think they hung the moon.  they truly think that they are better than everyone else because they go to ca.  hardly no one out of the ca students can hardly stand them.  i know they do recruit because they talked one of my friends into playing for them.  the guy i work for also was recruited to go there when he was in high school.  they guaranteed him a scholarship to a four year school for baseball if he played for them or they would pay for him to go themselves.  they also paid his highschool tuition.  for the record they are supposed to be non financial aid.  the only reason you never hear anything about ca on here is because they focus mainly just on baseball.  we go into the games with these nashville schools with the same mentality as we have playing ca.  i know for a fact that when i left the cpa field my senior year after we were beat in the playoffs by them that i felt totally different.  they were the nicest people we had probaly ever played against.  the same can be said for dca.  wooden and number 23 came over into the wayne co huddle to talk to our seniors and tell them what a great game they played last friday.  they also waited for us to get out of the locker room to talk to them some more.  both of these schools are class acts.  we all know this but we have no choice to be somewhat bitter because without the region 5 teams being in 1a, region 6could have possibly won the last six state championships in a row.  collinwood could have won it four years in a row, wayne co could have won it last year and mp has a great shot to win it this year. i hope that somewere in this post you can understand where we are coming from.

with all of that being said, we all have to remember that mp has a great shot at beating both of the private powerhouses in the same year.  come this friday night, mp has the chance to make all of our region proud.  i have somewhat been on mp all year long.  at the first of the season i talked about how i knew they would be undiciplined and they weren't.  i then talked about how they were traditionaly punks and once again they weren't.  our game with them was probaly the cleanest game all we played all year.  i then said they couldn't stop the pass and last week they did.  so i have finally came to the reality that no matter what happens this week, they are that good and deserve to be where they are.  good luck friday night mp and bring it home for region 6!

825436211[/snapback]

DCA has 3 coaches on staff. They have to teach, coach, study game film, mow, paint fields. There is a 4th coach who teaches at a large public school outside of Nashville who drives 45 minutes to practice each day for the honor of coaching with his son (one of the coaches on staff). Additionally, the head coach is also the athletic director. Therefore, he has many other hats to wear for every other sport at school. Things are not always as black and white as they appear from the outside.

We have all enjoyed the competition with Region 6 this year. You have all been very competitive and play with a lot of dedication and heart. Good Luck to everyone on Friday. Go Wildcats !!!! You have unfinished business.

Sorry Mt Pleasant, your amazing year will come to a close this Friday. Mt. Pleasant has an amazing offense, but they have struggled the last 3 weeks against decent teams. You cannot do that against the DCA defense. They have manhandled people this year. CPA looked absolutely stupid against them and they scored 28 against Riverdale, so what does that say? DCA scores about 30 or 35 points a game, but truthfully they only need about 14 or 21 a game. The only team that has a legitimate shot against DCA is obviously Boyd-Buchanon.

DCA-38

Mt Pleasant-24

stembowhat, i myself get really upset sometimes that we have to play the privates and say things that i don't really mean.  i am pretty sure that's the same thing that happened in this case.  i totally understand why parents send their kids to private schools in bigger cities.  if i lived there, i would probably do the same.  you also have to understand where we are coming from.  all that us "small town schools" want is to have to play against the same competition.  for instance, wayne co has three coaches in all.  our coaches not only have to coach all week and break down film on the weekends, they also have to mow and paint the field.  we don't have nine full time paid coaches like cpa not to mention someone to mow our field.  you also have to understand that the only private school that this region plays all year is columbia academy who all think they hung the moon.  they truly think that they are better than everyone else because they go to ca.  hardly no one out of the ca students can hardly stand them.  i know they do recruit because they talked one of my friends into playing for them.  the guy i work for also was recruited to go there when he was in high school.  they guaranteed him a scholarship to a four year school for baseball if he played for them or they would pay for him to go themselves.  they also paid his highschool tuition.  for the record they are supposed to be non financial aid.  the only reason you never hear anything about ca on here is because they focus mainly just on baseball.  we go into the games with these nashville schools with the same mentality as we have playing ca.  i know for a fact that when i left the cpa field my senior year after we were beat in the playoffs by them that i felt totally different.  they were the nicest people we had probaly ever played against.  the same can be said for dca.  wooden and number 23 came over into the wayne co huddle to talk to our seniors and tell them what a great game they played last friday.  they also waited for us to get out of the locker room to talk to them some more.  both of these schools are class acts.  we all know this but we have no choice to be somewhat bitter because without the region 5 teams being in 1a, region 6could have possibly won the last six state championships in a row.  collinwood could have won it four years in a row, wayne co could have won it last year and mp has a great shot to win it this year. i hope that somewere in this post you can understand where we are coming from.

with all of that being said, we all have to remember that mp has a great shot at beating both of the private powerhouses in the same year.  come this friday night, mp has the chance to make all of our region proud.  i have somewhat been on mp all year long.  at the first of the season i talked about how i knew they would be undiciplined and they weren't.  i then talked about how they were traditionaly punks and once again they weren't.  our game with them was probaly the cleanest game all we played all year.  i then said they couldn't stop the pass and last week they did.  so i have finally came to the reality that no matter what happens this week, they are that good and deserve to be where they are.  good luck friday night mp and bring it home for region 6!

825436211[/snapback]

Let's see here...the last six state championships ranges from 98(my senior season at USJ) to 03. Wildcatpride, CPA, DCA,etc were not even on the west side of the bracket I know for sure in 98,99,00. And they were not the reason Region 6 could have six state championships in a row-in 98 USJ beat Huntland in the semis and in 00 USJ beat Collinwood in the semis-woah that would be Region 8 at the time! And I promise you this, there is no way anybody in Region 6 would have made a game of 98 Trousdale and your fellow Region 6er Moore Co. did lose the championship game to S. Pittburg in 99 when your region had a chance to win. So know some facts before going back too far and quit blaming everything on the privates. And, oh, an early merry christmas, privates move up, Trousdale, Union City, and McKenzie move down. Have fun with that. Go Bruins.