DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

OK, let's get some stuff out of the way, and PLEASE don't bring it up on this thread again. Region 6 deserves Region 5's respect because they play some good football. ( I was at the dca wayne county game). I agree. Public or Private has nothing to do with anything. Now with those 2 things out of the way, let's talk about this great game upcoming. Please refrain from making reference to any of the above!!! :blink: Should be a great game!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a very good game. MP will have to step it up a notch from their play tonight with CPA. CPA pretty much dominated the line in the first 3 qtrs. But they never quit. I thought their pass defense was better than what I have been reading on CoachT but they did have trouble with Landers and the running game. Size wise I think DCA is bigger but MP plays with a lotta heart and they didn't give up. I predict DCA will come out on top in a close game. Good luck to both.

I think Mount Pleasant will win. I don't know by how much. The secondary really played well for MP last night, their defensive backs were faster than CPA'S recivers. Mount Pleasnat missed a bunch of takels in the first half. They were inside the 20 a few times but missed some chances. CPA had some chances as well. I am anxious to see the running back from DCA square off against #20 from Mount Pleasnt, the Mr.Football finalist linebacker. Mount Pleasant's athletic ability won the game for them I thought. Well good luck Tigers.

Good luck to both teams. I see four things that MP will have to contend with this week.

1. DCA line, both sides, a lot bigger and more experienced than CPA.

2. DCA defensive backs are very good.

3. MP is suffering from some dings to several keys runners, need to get them healthy.

4. Emotion. Great win Friday over CPA. Time to get centered/focused on DCA. The season isn't over yet, it just beginning.

Wouldn't mind coming back over Friday night to see the game. If mom will save me a seat, I promise not to bump your elbow to much. :P

Good luck to both teams.  I see four things that MP will have to contend with this week.

1. DCA line, both sides, a lot bigger and more experienced than CPA.

2. DCA defensive backs are very good.

3. MP is suffering from some dings to several keys runners, need to get them healthy.

4. Emotion. Great win Friday over CPA. Time to get centered/focused on DCA.  The season isn't over yet, it just beginning.

Wouldn't mind coming back over Friday night to see the game.  If mom will save me a seat, I promise not to bump your elbow to much. :P

825430599[/snapback]

Both DCA and MP are great teams for sure. One other aspect that MP will have to pay attention to in addition to robjim's list above is the QB Fenwick. This kid can pass really well, but he does add one other dimension and that is his ability to roll out of the pocket and either run it himself or make a great pass to someone who has worked themselves into the open.

Mrs OnlineLC has told me now that CPA football season is over, she is going to have a ladies night out on Friday. As that leaves me with a free evening, it is very tempting to make the drive again down to MP to see this matchup.

I think the Tigers will win . DCA is good for sure but MP showed last night that they can really turn it on, 3 TD's in the 4th qtr. #32 for MP is a real threat anytime he gets the ball. He is young but I expect that he will put up lots of numbers before he graduates. DCA's running back is very strong but from what I hear he is only about 80% right now. I have seen DCA and CPA both play and overall their is not much difference in them. Should be a great game! :P

This will probably be the game to watch this coming Friday. The top 2 teams in 1A will be battling over at Mt. Pleasant. I kept hearing updates from the DCA press-box about the Mt. Pleasant-CPA game. I was surprised to hear that Mt. Pleasant came back in the 4th quarter. I congratulate them on their victory. Anyways, back to the subject of the matter. I think the game will be very intense with a lot heart being played in the game. I say DCA will win by one or two touchdowns at the most. Their defense is very quick, with a powerful line and their DB's are the slyest in the state. As you probably have read, one more interception and they will hold the record. It's important that DCA will strike early in the game to keep the Mt. Pleasant crowd quiet. Mt. Pleasant's offense and defense will have to bring their A game with few mistakes if they want to pull out this game, because DCA will bring theirs.

See you at Mt. Pleasant boys.

I agree with Robjim -- it will help if Mt. Pleasant gets healthy.

Coach Walt Smith has said that his defense is high risk. I have seen Mt. Pleasant twice, and they have created turnovers. Last night, Mt. Pleasant had some trouble early in the game converted the turnovers into mistakes.

If Mt. Pleasant can create turnovers against DCA, which is very probable, the Tigers will need to score off those mistakes. The margin for error decreases against DCA.

Maybe Mt. Pleasant learned some things last night. I think there will not be an emotional letdown, and that Mt. Pleasant has one more thing to prove against DCA.