DB vs OR - Alumni Only

ArtVandalay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OakRidgeCat,

Yeah, I got egg on my face over that one. I was going solely on the fact that the Wildcats lost so many players (30). I should of known better. I guess I was asleep at the wheel. I won't make that mistake again. But I didn't move you'all up because you complained. I moved you up because you were beatin' the crap outa' everybody.

As for the research dept., there will be changes made there in a few weeks. Just in time to kick off the basketball season. I think we will put more stock in our Nashville division (headed up by "bud"). "bud" has the connections!

WaCo :lol: JaCo

He also said on a radio interview that he had gained 5 pounds just driving by Big Ed's Maybe that's why I have trouble losing weight just live half a mile from Ed's.

Boy I sure will be glad for Sat morning so we can go back to talking bad about each other HAHA. The two best teams in the state what could be better on a friday night in EAST Tenn.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I just hope that we can win so I can see the semifinal game. I haven't seen a DB game since the 99 playoff loss the OR. Last year, I was going to be able to see the semis on Thanksgiving Weekend, but the Cats ended that. If there was any way that I could be there for this one, I would. But it is a even year, so we should get to play the semis (1998, 2000, 2002). Even though this is a great team, I've heard from some people that it couldn't hang with the 98 team. I tend to agree, but I'm biased toward my 98 team.

Sorry guys, I'm not an alumni, but I couldn't find that darn official DB-OR thread. I just wanted to say I'm definitely headed to this game Friday and I'm am PUMPED. I'm just about as pumped just to see this game as I get for our games. This is GOOD high school football and it will be fun to see both teams play as I've played both this year. I gave pretty good insight on the game last time and I'd be more than willing to give an analysis of both teams from a first-hand perspective. This is the kind of game I appreciate.

Anybody link me up to the official thread?

Edited by BHSfootball

It's the Jimmy Leg special of the WEEK!!

Man, the Oak Ridge paper is talking about a HUGE Crowd. I know that the Kingsport fans are ready to hit the road in big numbers. I hope the rain holds off.

The Oak Ridger is reporting that the 48 pts DB put on OR in the 1st meeting, was the most ever OR had given up... in History. Is that right? I knew it was the most that DB had scored on the Wildcats.

I am going to make my pick tonight, because I will be leaving early Friday and will not have computer access.

I expect a great game from both teams, but not a shootout. It is the playoffs and everything is maginifed in the playoffs, especially turnovers.

In the end, will home field be enough to stop the Indians offense. DB is very good at executing the 2 min. drill and the 2 tough playoff games the Tribe has had, in my opinion, is what tilts this game in the Indians favor.

My pick... what's yours

DB Indians 24

Oak Ridge Wildcats 21

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

It's the Jimmy Leg special of the WEEK!!

Man, the Oak Ridge paper is talking about a HUGE Crowd. I know that the Kingsport fans are ready to hit the road in big numbers. I hope the rain holds off.

The Oak Ridger is reporting that the 48 pts DB put on OR in the 1st meeting, was the most ever OR had given up... in History. Is that right? I knew it was the most that DB had scored on the Wildcats.

I am going to make my pick tonight, because I will be leaving early Friday and will not have computer access.

I expect a great game from both teams, but not a shootout. It is the playoffs and everything is maginifed in the playoffs, especially turnovers.

In the end, will home field be enough to stop the Indians offense. DB is very good at executing the 2 min. drill and the 2 tough playoff games the Tribe has had, in my opinion, is what tilts this game in the Indians favor.

My pick... what's yours

DB Indians 24

Oak Ridge Wildcats 21

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825439736[/snapback]

Cat fans I know we will win now that Vandy has picked the Indians. Make your Thanksgiving plans for Murfreesboro. Go Cats

I've got nothing but respect for both of these fine programs.

People can say what they want about Maryville-Central & A-E - Fulton, but anybody who pays attention to past games knows that E-V-E-R-Y time Oak Ridge and D-B play, it's a classic. Great coaches, great players, great fans, great traditions. I'm biased, so I hope the Cats are singin' the fight song come about 9:30. But regardless, I really want to to see the winner make two straight trips to M'boro and bring the gold ball back to East Tennessee.