DB vs OR - Alumni Only

ArtVandalay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTICE: Im leaving Kingsport at 5pm. If your driving on the interstate between 5pm. and 6:30 pm, get out of my way. I'll be driving a Big Red Mack Truck.

WaCo :angry: JaCo

825440807[/snapback]

And if you are coming from Nashville; I will be leaving at 2:30 CT (3:30 Eastern) you better get out of my way because my wife is driving! We will be in our supercharged Maroon and Grey 1924 Model T Ford. The same goes for after the game, clear the road to Nashville. Between WaCo and I , I suggest you come from the North or South rather than East/West

The sun is shining, a light wind is blowing and the field looks great (for what it's been through) We didn't get much rain last night just a sprinkle. Everything should be perfect for "THE GAME". Everyone drive safe, the teams play safe. And hope for the best with the Blount county officals.

You DB fans come tailgate with us or bring your Big Ed's up everybody is welcome. Art you and Bud hunt me down. I'll be on the BBQ grill.

Leeeeeeet's get ready to rumble. No, WE ARE READY TO RUMBLE.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

I would like to clear up some rumors that may have been heard around Kingsport this morning. When DB ran out of tickets and called OR, the activities office was told that there was only 200 tickets left at OR for sale to the game. Caoch Moricle has called the school and spoke with the AD from OR and was told that tickets would be sold "til the cows come home." No one knows why the school was told that this morning, but it is not my idea of a joke, as several people nearly fainted when told they could not come to the game because the tickets at OR were almost gone. I can only speculate that this was done to discourage the Indian faithful from making the drive down to OR. If so, then I am very disappointed. The people in the office at OR who answered the phone should be ashamed of themselves. Skunk, I am sorry, but it looks like Oak Ridge does not have as much class as you thought they did!

Oh, sure they do...I'm sure it was just an oversight...not a problem...D-B fans just need to pack up and go and know that tickets and tailgating and/or Big Ed's is awaiting...I am sure there is some sort of fire marshall set number of people that the "Ship" can hold, but let's go support the Indians...(just read that 10,000 info)

Hey, they want as much Kingsport money down there as they can get (just like we wanted with Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy), so let's don't think anything was done maliciously...I'm sure it was an oversight...

Let's go to "The Game"

Drive safely...

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

David Mitchell and Marcus Rogers will not be playing for the Indians tonight. (Injuries)

825440792[/snapback]

:blink: Mitchels not playing? I heard he was going to play, just not as much as usual. I hope he gets to, he is a good defensive player. If he don't hate to hear that, was hoping to see if he could get Gulmire again like he did in the first meeting.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

3 TO GO thumb

Don't know what they were thinking at the school but we could put 10 or 12 thousand at the SHIP if a few didn't mind standing.Probably they meant the reserved seats on the Oak Ridge side. They were going fast wed. Bring money keep Oak Ridge green.

Skunk you come with Art and Bud to the tailgate and I'll buy your meal. Did I just say that? Oh well, come on down THE CATS ARE WAITING!!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

Don't know what they were thinking at the school but we could put 10 or 12 thousand at the SHIP if a few didn't mind standing.Probably they meant the reserved seats on the Oak Ridge side. They were going fast wed. Bring money keep Oak Ridge green.

Skunk you come with Art and Bud to the tailgate and I'll buy your meal. Did I just say that? Oh well, come on down THE CATS ARE WAITING!!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

825441126[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer bounder. I will probably be cutting it so close I doubt I will have time to swing that way. I have someone saving a seat for me. Thanks again and I can't wait to get there!

Big Reno..The class statement was uncalled for and totally wrong. Blankenship field is huge and the Oak Ridge fans welcome everyone. The AD is a class act and I take that personally. The reserved seats were the tickets in question and they have all been sold but a few. Our field held 18,000 people in a game a number of years ago and we welcome that many tonight. Big Reno, I hope you will come up and find me so I can introduce you to our AD Chuck Carringer. David Clary WATO Radio

What about the weather for the game? Some of us McMinn fans will be coming up from Athens to watch two of the best football programs in Tennessee battle each other tonight. The forecast I saw said that it is not suppose to begin raining until after midnight.

What time should I get there to have a good seat?

DCCatvoice,

If you read carefully, I said nothing negative about the AD. He is the one that straightened the problem up. I am grateful for that. The one that caused the problem, as I said before, is the person answering the phone in the office. Don't start calling me out until you're sure what you read. And again, the person who answered the phone has NO class.