Martin Westview Fans....

Purple & Gold Standard

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally with of yall or well the few of you that think Westview needs a new field, the playing conditions were absolutly horrible for them. The game was on cable and i was shocked that they played on it.....jeremy peppas has an artical in the jackson sun today about it heres the link.....

http://miva.jacksonsun.com/miva/cgi-bin/mi...200411166689686

As a UTM graduate, I had the pleasure of meeting Coach Griff while he was an assistant coach for the Skyhawks. I think he is a good coach and will hopefully have the program turned around in a few years. Now working at an SEC school I can tell you that money is an issue everywhere. However, if UTM really wants to put in turf, they will find the funds. As for the Westview coach, I understand him being upset, but going off in the media is in my opinion, foolish. By bashing UTM is in no way going to help his cause. I wish UTM and Westview the best, but as long as they have to share facilities then the coaching staff especially, must act like grown ups and not whining brats...

maybe this is what it will take to stir up the community to build a football stadium for westview. also,if utm thinks that bad mouthing the local high school team is the way to win community support then they need to have their games at the middle school field, because they'll have plenty of seating there.

UTM really ticked me off with their actions. I have never seen a field look that bad! My dad and cousin both played for UTM and couldn't believe that they'd do something like that. It would be great if we could get our own field, but I doubt we'll have one by next season. I guess UTM was just ticked off because we bring more fans into that stadium in one night than they do in one season. Oh well, if UTM keeps playing the way they do, they will have their football program taken away!

Ok, I attend UTM and you Westview fans need to be grateful that you have such a nice stadium to play in. UTM could easily say no you can't play in the stadium, then what do you do? Weakley Co. needs to find the funds to build them a stadium, heck call it up Chad Clifton. Did Westview help pay for any of the Stadium? If the answer is no, then UTM can do whatever they want to do with the field they PAYED for. Westview has no right to complain if they put no financial investment into that field. Westview fans need to be gratefuly cause that stadium could easily be taken away.

I have been to MANY high school football games in November during playoff time around this state and the only conditions that I can say were worse were down in Memphis a couple years ago when Union City played Mitchell at Whitehaven....That's understandable being where it was at...But a college field is different...These places have people on the payroll to repair the field...Saying the groundskeepers did their best is ridiculous....That field was in awful shape and it was an embarassment to the whole community...Coady did rip the UTM program...I don't really agree with doing it in the media...But it's done now so we will see what further problems that causes...I also agree with the guy that posted if UTM wants new turf they will get it...But they won't...Like I said earlier,Martin Westview deserves better...And yes school administrators should be more concerned with teaching their students...Martin did that and showed that is their main concern by building that new school...But they also got to be concerned about the well being of their athletes when they are playing...Someone could have gotten seriously hurt playing on that slop...

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

Ok, I attend UTM and you Westview fans need to be grateful that you have such a nice stadium to play in. UTM could easily say no you can't play in the stadium, then what do you do? Weakley Co. needs to find the funds to build them a stadium, heck call it up Chad Clifton. Did Westview help pay for any of the Stadium? If the answer is no, then UTM can do whatever they want to do with the field they PAYED for. Westview has no right to complain if they put no financial investment into that field. Westview fans need to be gratefuly cause that stadium could easily be taken away.

825447155[/snapback]

weakley co raised the money to build the stadium so it is STILL weakley co's stadium.... utm just pays 4 the upkeep... but to say im gratefull to play on that field is crazy... that field has never been that good... there have always been pot holes and stuff on it... sometimes i think that our practice field is better... but if worse comes to worse we would put some more bleachers at the middle school and play there... utm should be gratefull that we play there cuz if we didnt the only time they would make money is when ppl come on openin day to see the opposing team's band thumb

825447155[/snapback]

I agree totally G.B. You would think that a former athlete that made it big would want to contribute to a program that contributed to them being where they are today. I know he had alot to do with it, but there were fans and coaches and alumni that were pulling, praying, cheering, and supporting him all the way. It could make for a nice tax write off as well.

As for UTM- I just put numerous dollars worth of material and time in on a new field house that Westview doesn't even have access to. Thats not to mention the basketball arena located behind the field house being totally restored for historical purposes. They could definitely do something w/ the field.