reclassification

sls

Well, here is how I might have drawn up the districts. First of all, I would of sent Camden back across the river to be in the same district/region as Waverly.

I am assuming that West Tennessee still looses a district. With that being said, here is how I would of done it.

District 12

USJ, North Side, South Side, Liberty, Lexington, and either Crockett County or Milan.

District 13

Crockett County or Milan, Dyer Co., Dyersburg, Gibson Co., Obion Co., and Westview.

District 14

McNairy Co., Chester Co., Bolivar, Fayette Ware, Haywood Co., Covington, and Ripley.

Geographically speaking, this makes more sense than the garbage that Kessler and the TSSAA came up with. Kessler darn well made sure that the Bolivar boys team was taken care of for the next couple of years at the expense of most all of the other schools in West Tennessee who play in AA.

There was an interseting editorial in the Jackson Sun's Sunday sports page by Jerramy Peppes. I congratulate The Sun for telling it like it really is in this case.

The bottom line is that Bolivar was taken care of at the expense of everyone else!!! KESSLER MUST GO!!!!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here is how I might have drawn up the districts. First of all, I would of sent Camden back across the river to be in the same district/region as Waverly.

I am assuming that West Tennessee still looses a district. With that being said, here is how I would of done it.

District 12

USJ, North Side, South Side, Liberty, Lexington, and either Crockett County or Milan.

District 13

Crockett County or Milan, Dyer Co., Dyersburg, Gibson Co., Obion Co., and Westview.

District 14

McNairy Co., Chester Co., Bolivar, Fayette Ware, Haywood Co., Covington, and Ripley.

Geographically speaking, this makes more sense than the garbage that Kessler and the TSSAA came up with. Kessler darn well made sure that the Bolivar boys team was taken care of for the next couple of years at the expense of most all of the other schools in West Tennessee who play in AA.

There was an interseting editorial in the Jackson Sun's Sunday sports page by Jerramy Peppes. I congratulate The Sun for telling it like it really is in this case.

The bottom line is that Bolivar was taken care of at the expense of everyone else!!! KESSLER MUST GO!!!!!!

If Bolivar was an average basketball team would all of this really matter. They have won one state championship in boys basketball and you all are making a big deal out of this. It is the girls in Bolivar that had all of the tradition in the past. Until recently the boys have just started being a force. There is no need to add any more fire during a district or regional championship game against Fayette-Ware in that heated rivalry. A few years ago in Bolivar bottles flew on the court when a call went aginst the FW Wildcats. It's not a guarantee that they would ever make it back to state. They could be paired against Nashville's MLK for a substate game. They are a strong contender for the title this year and are well coached. Liberty benefits more than Bolivar because they are loaded with sophomores. Bolivar loses its best players in 2006. All the shelby county schools did not get grouped together and I don't hear them on here venting. Any admimistrator should look out for his/her school if he did as you claimed.

bchs,

Kessler was voted into a position on the board of control to represent ALL of West Tennessee, not just the school that he is the principal of. The pure and simple truth of the matter is that Kessler pushed for this particular allignment because it gives the Bolivar boys team the best possible chance to go back to state for the next two years. And, t hat's the bottom line on the whole deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I totally agree with you there, sls. Camden really got the shaft on this one. Not only did they get put in a district where they have to travel to all ends of the state, but look who they put us with. Camden will be in the cellar of that district for decades. They could have at least put us in a district where we would have a chance to be competitive.

825447014[/snapback]

how can camden get the shaft in any district with the superstar PLAYERS THEY HAVE?THEY SHOULD BE IN THE SUBSTATE EVERY YEAR WITH ALL THOSE COLLEGE PROSPECTS YOU ALL HAVE.NOW,MCKENZIE IS ANOTHER STORY.WE DONT HAVE THOSE ATHLETES AROUND HERE!I DONT KNOW HOW WE COMPETE WITH YOU ALL IN any sport with all those college prospects.lionfan1,how do you feel about this issue? thumb

how can camden get the shaft in any district with the superstar PLAYERS THEY HAVE?THEY SHOULD BE IN THE SUBSTATE EVERY YEAR WITH ALL THOSE COLLEGE PROSPECTS YOU ALL HAVE.NOW,MCKENZIE IS ANOTHER STORY.WE DONT HAVE THOSE ATHLETES AROUND HERE!I DONT KNOW HOW WE COMPETE WITH YOU ALL IN any sport with all those college prospects.lionfan1,how do you feel about this issue? thumb

825472115[/snapback]

here you guys go again.show some love for each other.even though i agree with one of you! :D

If you are addressing me, I am not a Camden fan, just posting an observation. Camden will travel close to 3 hours 1 way to play Bolivar & Mcnairy and 2.5 hours vs S Side, Liberty, Chester, ridiculous.

825472219[/snapback]

You need to check your road map because Bolivar, McNairy, or South Side are nowhere near as far from Camden as you just wrote. I guess it will seem like 3 hr. drives after each of these defeats, though! :(:D:(

You need to check your road map because Bolivar, McNairy, or South Side are nowhere near as far from Camden as you just wrote.  I guess it will seem like 3 hr. drives after each of these defeats, though! B)  :D  :)

825472225[/snapback]

AS GOOD AS CAMDEN IS,ILL BET THOSE SCHOOLS OVER THERE WITH WAVERLYsure are glad camden stayed over here!ha,ha,ha!!!!!!