Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

i dont know if bhsOL is speaking the truth or not(will have to find out on friday) and riverdale very well may lose but oak ridge will not rush for 150 against riverdale and OR will not hold gaston to under 80 yards. close game, but home field advantage will be the difference

Time will tell who is full of it and whose team is not invincible.

What truth have you spoken?

Riverdale by 14.....guaranteed. That can not be known as truth, yet. That is your opinion and I have mine.

see you there, bring that bright yellow cryin' towel... you and your P.A. announcer may both need it.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 22 2004 - 12:02 AM']i dont know if bhsOL is speaking the truth or not(will have to find out on friday) and riverdale very well may lose but oak ridge will not rush for 150 against riverdale and OR will not hold gaston to under 80 yards. close game, but home field advantage will be the difference

825445863[/snapback]

How do you know? Got a crystal ball?

Guest Oakland
How do you know? Got a crystal ball?

825445887[/snapback]

ease off man. i dont have a crystal ball and i dont have a dog in this fight, but a team like this years riverdale squad doesnt come along often. nobody has been able to hold gaston under 120 yards this season, much less 80. and while 1500 yards doesnt seem to much to you, remember this: gaston miller got most of those yards in a half, not a whole game like guilmire or whatever his name is. i mean the man is averaging a 1st down or close to it everytime he touches the football

ease off man. i dont have a crystal ball and i dont have a dog in this fight, but a team like this years riverdale squad doesnt come along often. nobody has been able to hold gaston under 120 yards this season, much less 80. and while 1500 yards doesnt seem to much to you, remember this: gaston miller got most of those yards in a half, not a whole game like guilmire or whatever his name is. i mean the man is averaging a 1st down or close to it everytime he touches the football

825445893[/snapback]

agreed, nice post

Haha, I thought Cookeville and Lebanon people talked a lot of smack. This is entertaining. Oak Ridge and Riverdale are both amazing teams. Riverdale's defense is just incredible and they have two dangerous running backs.(Miller and Butler) Oak Ridge can put up a lot of points and they beat a wonderful Dobyns-Bennett team, although they choke every year anyway. Oak Ridge has the whole revenge thing for RHS going there last year and winning, but this is a new year and both teams have improved a ton since last year. Last year RHS wasnt the best team and won anyway, this year Riverdale is the better team because of their defense. I have been saying for a few weeks that Oak Ridge is the only team that can score more than 7 points on Riverdale. But they wont score enough on Riverdale's defense, and Riverdale thrives on big plays and they will make at least 3 in this game. Riverdale will win this game and send OR home upset but proud of their team.

Riverdale-21

Oak Ridge-14

I am as impressed with Miller's stats as I am with Gulmire's. Perhaps you don't know what kind of stats he has and apparently you don't care to know.

It's funny you guys give these guarantees based on what you know and think that is the gospel.

We make comments about what we know and we are talking trash.

Spencer Gulmire has not played four quarters every game either and had 1564 yards on only 167 carries through the first 10 games. I believe a 9.36 yard per carry average is almost a first down per touch, as well. I don't know his exact stats through 13 games but believe that it is over 1800 yards on less than 230 carries, which is just under 8 yards per carry.

Again, I am impressed with Miller's numbers, but Gulmire's are pretty impressive as well, I think.

Guest Oakland
I am as impressed with Miller's stats as I am with Gulmire's. Perhaps you don't know what kind of stats he has and apparently you don't care to know.

It's funny you guys give these guarantees based on what you know and think that is the gospel.

We make comments about what we know and we are talking trash.

Spencer Gulmire has not played four quarters every game either and had 1564 yards on only 167 carries through the first 10 games. I believe a 9.36 yard per carry average is almost a first down per touch, as well. I don't know his exact stats through 13 games but believe that it is over 1800 yards on less than 230 carries, which is just under 8 yards per carry.

Again, I am impressed with Miller's numbers, but Gulmire's are pretty impressive as well, I think.

825445921[/snapback]

im not the one making wild claims that OR is going to hold gaston under 80 and that OR is going to run for 150+ yards. oak ridge has one of the most tradition rich programs around, but when your making guarantees in a game your not even playing, well it kinda makes ya look silly :D

Guest Oakland
Oakland, I believe your words are Oak Ridge WILL NOT rush for 150 against Riverdale and OR WILL NOT hold Gaston to under 80 yards.

If you had said you don't believe that it will happen or that you would have to see it to believe it, then I could live with that, but this is an example of people making guarantees about something that none of us can guarantee any of, only the players on the field and the coaching they receive will settle this game.

If you noticed, I also made a previous post that you all were right, we didn't stand a chance and Riverdale was unbeatable, yadda, yadda, yadda.

That's only because everyone is making guarantees and you guys could not possibly be wrong or overconfident, but when we show that we believe in our team, we are talking trash because no one can score on Riverdale, blah, blah, blah..

The Wildcats are coming to play football, and hopefully Riverdale is going to be there and all of us fans can cheer for our team, everyone will play safe and escape injury, and everyone will have a safe ride home, win or lose.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!

825445934[/snapback]

never once have i said that riverdale is unbeatable, they are beatable, but not by running it on the ground. i believe riverdale is vulnerable against teams that arent afraid to wing it across the field. god knows i have been wrong before and will be wrong many times over before i die. could oak ridge run for 150+? however unlikely it maybe on the right night the COULD rush for 150+. will they? that remains to be seen. same goes as will they hold gaston under 80 yards, we just wont know until the game is over friday night. there have been teams that have been able to keep gaston under their thumb for spurts, but never for the whole game. if OR can come up with a gameplan to not make him a factor, then your coach is a genius because i dont know how it cant be done. i honestly dont care who wins, it would tickle me pink to see a team other tha riverdale make it to the blue cross bowl from the east bracket, but in the same breath it would be nice to see the boro repsented once again by the warriors in the blue cross bowl. i havent really been to any playoff games this postseason, but i may have to drag myself out to this one

Oakland, I'm sorry I jumped on you. I was just getting tired of all the confidence in Riverdale from all the folks in Middle Tenn. and then when showing confidence in our team, being called trash talkers. I offer the following quotes from various posters that they are making guarantees, when "ANY GIVEN FRIDAY" applies to everyone, including Riverdale.

Anyone remember who DeLasalle is? Even they got beat.

i hope oak ridge is a great passing team because no one is beating riverdale by running the ball, PERIOD!

825442375[/snapback]

obviously none of u were at the riverdale game tonight but the only thing thats gonna beat riverdale is the refs because riverdale is gonna dominate regardless and i know OR is good and all but theres a reason riverdale is undefeated and its narrowed down to 2 words ~TOTAL DOMANANCE~

825442388[/snapback]

well riverdale gave up 1 touchdown in the last 46 quarters and im not sure if uve heard yet but gaston is gonna run all over yall and riverdale also has 2 mr football candidates and your QB may be good but so is riverdales definsive line so just be ready

825442428[/snapback]

its not that riverdales not played nobody its the fact that noone can compete with that talent and if cookvilles number 2and OR is 3 yall shouldnt even show up friday

825442464[/snapback]

Anyone catch that call coming from the announcers as riverdale fans left the game i think it went a little like this here kitty kitty kitty

825442490[/snapback]

That is such a stupid post, it's not worth commenting on.

Get ready to make that long, sad, trip back to O.R. next Friday night, like every team from your neck of the woods does, when they make the trip to middle Tenn. :D

825442543[/snapback]

Oak Ridge can talk crap all you want, no way you beat Riverdale. Yea you took down one tribe, but this one is totally different, and you guys act as if you took down the "one" tribe easily...just stay home and save the gas, Riverdale WILL win this game whether you think they will or not. It's not a fluke that they go to state almost every year. As much as a I dislike both of these teams, I think I choose to dislike the one who beat us the most. No way you all win, Riverdale wins by TWO TD's.

Roll Tribe

825442548[/snapback]

If I were an OR fan, I'd stay home, enjoy your holiday weekend, cause it'll just turn sour when you lose, you won't have to much to be thankful for when you come home.

825442584[/snapback]

oak ridge fans, save yourself some embrassment now and stop talking smack. i mean cookeville was ranked 3rd in the state and symrna was ranked in the top 8 also, heck i doubt OR could beat symrna or cookeville much less beat riverdale. i will be at the game and i expect it to be close untill the second half when riverdale wears OR down and runs the score up on them for talking so much smack on the internet. my point is i highly doubt we will see you on this board again after next friday, i mean i have yet to see a cookeville fan since last nights game.

two things i can tell you about next friday, you will be facing the best defense in the state hands down (they have outscored their oppoents 589-63 this year), and the best runningback in the state in gaston miller. i can tell you that you wont have over 100 yards total rushing and if you pass the ball then the riverdale defensive line will tee off on your QB. the major difference this year for riverdale is they have great depth and can sub a starter with a back up and not miss a beat, they will wear you down and make you want to stop getting up. good luck containing miller, he is averaging 12 yards a carry this year and will prob break the 200 yard mark on your defense.

825442723[/snapback]

You could combine DB and Oak Ridge and not beat Riverdale. THey are simply unstoppable. I watched DB v. OR tonight. not really impressed with either team. RIverDale wins this one easy 56 to 0

825442726[/snapback]

I know you're a "gradfromthenest",but you must have fallen out and hit your head. There is no way you can say Ooltewah,Soddy or Farragut are better than Cookeville,I don't care how strong you think your region is. Those three teams aren't even as good as Lebanon or Smyrna. I think you're really going to find out that YOU'RE the ones who don't play anybody until this point in the season. Riverdale will beat Oak Ridge WORSE than they beat Cookeville. thumb

825442794[/snapback]

I disagree. Gaston Miller is the best running back in the state.

825443255[/snapback]

I went to Oak Ridge on Friday night. They just outplayed DB, but DB was looking ahead to Riverdale, no doubt. Oak Ridge is good, and could definitely win the 4A state title, but playing with Riverdale is out of the question. They will be lucky to stay within 3 or 4, touchdowns. Riverdale will manhandle OR upfront on both sides. I ook for Gaston Miller to run wild, OR does not seem good enough upfront to make a difference. Riverdale wins BIG, gets their rematch with Germantown.

GO Dragons

825443392[/snapback]

Riverdale 56

Oak Ridge 7

825443399[/snapback]

PASS ON RIVERDALE? THEIR D IS NOT GOING. THEY HAVE AN OUTSTANDING PASS RUSH SO IF OR WAS TO RY PASS THEY WOULDNT GET VERY FAR. BUT IF THEY GOT LUCKY AND DID GET A PASS OFF THE WARRIOR DB'S AREN'T HAVING IT EITHER.

825443448[/snapback]

OAK RIDGE BEATIN R'DALE THAT'S LUDACRIST

825443454[/snapback]

CATS'R'#1____YOU HAVE GOT 2 BE OUT YOUR MIND. PASSING ON RIVERDALE?WHOS YOUR QB? BRET FARVE?

825443464[/snapback]

You will need Peyton Manning, not broken down Favre.

825443467[/snapback]

I'M NOT KNOCKIN' OR. BUT DO U THINK THAT RIVERDALE DOES NOT HAVE A SPECIAL GROUP OF KIDS.YES-IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME. BUT NO I THINK OR WONT WIN.

825443476[/snapback]

Yes this is the 14th straight week i have put up with this, Glad there is only two more weeks of this nonscence. For 14 straight weeks i have seen Riverdale vs _______ threads and i have heard it all. Riverdale cheats, Riverdale plays dirty, Riverdale has a cupcake schedule, Riverdale recruits, Riverdale stinks....But there is one common factor every week and it is one letter which is W . Every week the Warriors win and in convincing fashion. Now it is Oak Ridge's turn and to tell you the truth i havent seen this much smack talk all year, as a matter a fact i have never seen this much this quick ever on this site. But i'm glad Oak Ridge is talking like this, the loss will hurt that much more. If i were Wildcat fans i would hope for the best and prepare for the worst but they doesnt seem to be the path being taken here. Listen Riverdale will not lose this week or next. This team is to good and yes this team is cocky but they are humble also. They do not disrespect a single team (they even respect Smyrna to some degree). They know Oak Ridge is good and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be ready.

825443539[/snapback]

Oak Ridge hahaha, you are in for one rude awakening Friday night. The long trip to the Boro, to Riverdale high school to play in the infamous Tomahawk Stadium (Around here we call it THOMAShawk Staduim, if you cant understand why then i'm sure you will know why after Friday) on Warrior Field. The Warriors are 34-2 all time at the THOMAShawk. They are 15-0, never have been beat in the playoffs at home. Friday night will be no exception. The whole team is just an incredible force to be recogned with but all year it has been Dave Thomas and Gaston Miller carrying this team, but now there is a third member to this party to form one great trio. TAMAR BUTLER, this kid has been phenomanal the entire playoffs. This year is really turning out to be like 2001 when we went 15 and 0 and had 2 Mr. Footballs, It looks like its all happening again. thumb

825443564[/snapback]

Riverdale will beat Oak Ridge. That is that they do not lose at home.

825443565[/snapback]