Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

Oakland, I'm sorry I jumped on you. I was just getting tired of all the confidence in Riverdale from all the folks in Middle Tenn. and then when showing confidence in our team, being called trash talkers. I offer the following quotes from various posters that they are making guarantees, when "ANY GIVEN FRIDAY" applies to everyone, including Riverdale.

Anyone remember who DeLasalle is? Even they got beat.

i hope oak ridge is a great passing team because no one is beating riverdale by running the ball, PERIOD!

obviously none of u were at the riverdale game tonight but the only thing thats gonna beat riverdale is the refs because riverdale is gonna dominate regardless and i know OR is good and all but theres a reason riverdale is undefeated and its narrowed down to 2 words ~TOTAL DOMANANCE~

well riverdale gave up 1 touchdown in the last 46 quarters and im not sure if uve heard yet but gaston is gonna run all over yall and riverdale also has 2 mr football candidates and your QB may be good but so is riverdales definsive line so just be ready

its not that riverdales not played nobody its the fact that noone can compete with that talent and if cookvilles number 2and OR is 3 yall shouldnt even show up friday

Anyone catch that call coming from the announcers as riverdale fans left the game i think it went a little like this here kitty kitty kitty

That is such a stupid post, it's not worth commenting on.

Get ready to make that long, sad, trip back to O.R. next Friday night, like every team from your neck of the woods does, when they make the trip to middle Tenn. laugh.gif

Oak Ridge can talk crap all you want, no way you beat Riverdale. Yea you took down one tribe, but this one is totally different, and you guys act as if you took down the "one" tribe easily...just stay home and save the gas, Riverdale WILL win this game whether you think they will or not. It's not a fluke that they go to state almost every year. As much as a I dislike both of these teams, I think I choose to dislike the one who beat us the most. No way you all win, Riverdale wins by TWO TD's.

Roll Tribe

If I were an OR fan, I'd stay home, enjoy your holiday weekend, cause it'll just turn sour when you lose, you won't have to much to be thankful for when you come home.

oak ridge fans, save yourself some embrassment now and stop talking smack. i mean cookeville was ranked 3rd in the state and symrna was ranked in the top 8 also, heck i doubt OR could beat symrna or cookeville much less beat riverdale. i will be at the game and i expect it to be close untill the second half when riverdale wears OR down and runs the score up on them for talking so much smack on the internet. my point is i highly doubt we will see you on this board again after next friday, i mean i have yet to see a cookeville fan since last nights game.

two things i can tell you about next friday, you will be facing the best defense in the state hands down (they have outscored their oppoents 589-63 this year), and the best runningback in the state in gaston miller. i can tell you that you wont have over 100 yards total rushing and if you pass the ball then the riverdale defensive line will tee off on your QB. the major difference this year for riverdale is they have great depth and can sub a starter with a back up and not miss a beat, they will wear you down and make you want to stop getting up. good luck containing miller, he is averaging 12 yards a carry this year and will prob break the 200 yard mark on your defense.

You could combine DB and Oak Ridge and not beat Riverdale. THey are simply unstoppable. I watched DB v. OR tonight. not really impressed with either team. RIverDale wins this one easy 56 to 0

I know you're a "gradfromthenest",but you must have fallen out and hit your head. There is no way you can say Ooltewah,Soddy or Farragut are better than Cookeville,I don't care how strong you think your region is. Those three teams aren't even as good as Lebanon or Smyrna. I think you're really going to find out that YOU'RE the ones who don't play anybody until thipoint in the season. Riverdale will beat Oak Ridge WORSE than they beat Cookeville. thumb[1].gif

I disagree. Gaston Miller is the best running back in the state.

I went to Oak Ridge on Friday night. They just outplayed DB, but DB was looking ahead to Riverdale, no doubt. Oak Ridge is good, and could definitely win the 4A state title, but playing with Riverdale is out of the question. They will be lucky to stay within 3 or 4, touchdowns. Riverdale will manhandle OR upfront on both sides. I ook for Gaston Miller to run wild, OR does not seem good enough upfront to make a difference. Riverdale wins BIG, gets their rematch with Germantown.

GO Dragons

Riverdale 56

Oak Ridge 7

PASS ON RIVERDALE? THEIR D IS NOT GOING. THEY HAVE AN OUTSTANDING PASS RUSH SO IF OR WAS TO RY PASS THEY WOULDNT GET VERY FAR. BUT IF THEY GOT LUCKY AND DID GET A PASS OFF THE WARRIOR DB'S AREN'T HAVING IT EITHER.

OAK RIDGE BEATIN R'DALE THAT'S LUDACRIST

CATS'R'#1____YOU HAVE GOT 2 BE OUT YOUR MIND. PASSING ON RIVERDALE?WHOS YOUR QB? BRET FARVE?

You will need Peyton Manning, not broken down Favre.

I'M NOT KNOCKIN' OR. BUT DO U THINK THAT RIVERDALE DOES NOT HAVE A SPECIAL GROUP OF KIDS.YES-IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME. BUT NO I THINK OR WONT WIN.

Yes this is the 14th straight week i have put up with this, Glad there is only two more weeks of this nonscence. For 14 straight weeks i have seen Riverdale vs _______ threads and i have heard it all. Riverdale cheats, Riverdale plays dirty, Riverdale has a cupcake schedule, Riverdale recruits, Riverdale stinks....But there is one common factor every week and it is one letter which is W . Every week the Warriors win and in convincing fashion. Now it is Oak Ridge's turn and to tell you the truth i havent seen this much smack talk all year, as a matter a fact i have never seen this much this quick ever on this site. But i'm glad Oak Ridge is talking like this, the loss will hurt that much more. If i were Wildcat fans i would hope for the best and prepare for the worst but they doesnt seem to be the path being taken here. Listen Riverdale will not lose this week or next. This team is to good and yes this team is cocky but they are humble also. They do not disrespect a single team (they even respect Smyrna to some degree). They know Oak Ridge is good and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be ready.

Oak Ridge hahaha, you are in for one rude awakening Friday night. The long trip to the Boro, to Riverdale high school to play in the infamous Tomahawk Stadium (Around here we call it THOMAShawk Staduim, if you cant understand why then i'm sure you will know why after Friday) on Warrior Field. The Warriors are 34-2 all time at the THOMAShawk. They are 15-0, never have been beat in the playoffs at home. Friday night will be no exception. The whole team is just an incredible force to be recogned with but all year it has been Dave Thomas and Gaston Miller carrying this team, but now there is a third member to this party to form one great trio. TAMAR BUTLER, this kid has been phenomanal the entire playoffs. This year is really turning out to be like 2001 when we went 15 and 0 and had 2 Mr. Footballs, It looks like its all happening again. thumb[1].gif

Riverdale will beat Oak Ridge. That is that they do not lose at home.[/quote

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Cookeville fans will be scarce after Friday's game when they see that the pitiful little kitties did what they could not do.

Cookeville could NOT beat Soddy-Daisy or Ooltewah. Come on, you guys squeaked by teams that were 6-5 and 7-4. Give me a break, you would not have even made the playoffs if you had played in Region 2.

Riverdale, get ready to play basketball.

Oak Ridge by a minimum of 10, mark that up bhsol. Gaston will not get 80 yards and Gulmire will run for a minimum of 150 on the mighty Riverdale Defense.  thumb

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!

825445848[/snapback]

Yeah, that's true, we did. But we also scored the first touchdown on Riverdale in like 43 quarters. The only reason we didn't come out with a win is because our boys couldn't convert in the red zone. Riverdale stepped things up when we were inside their 20 and we just couldn't punch it in. AND we also beat a very good Lebanon team. Cookeville did lack talent, but they never lacked heart. A team with heart could beat a team with talent ANY day.

Cookeville could beat Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah. I watched these guys all season, and they never gave up on anybody.

Now, I watched DB and Oak Ridge play in round 3 and last week I saw Riverdale play. Oak Ridge comes in with a tremendous offense and Riverdale with the tremendous defense. If oak ridge's defense steps it up and stops Riverdale's offense, then they will win. If not, it will be all Riverdale.

The Cats dont have a chance. I mean dont get me wrong they are a good team, but Riverdale is just unstoppable. I will be impressed if OR can stay within 21 of Riverdale. Oak Ridge has a rich tradition no doubt, but the ghosts and legends do not intimidate Riverdale. I predict the Cats will be kittens at Tomahawk Stadium.

Riverdale 56

Oak Ridge 21

Guest Oakland
Oakland, I'm sorry I jumped on you. I was just getting tired of all the confidence in Riverdale from all the folks in Middle Tenn. and then when showing confidence in our team, being called trash talkers. I offer the following quotes from various posters that they are making guarantees, when "ANY GIVEN FRIDAY" applies to everyone, including Riverdale.

Anyone remember who DeLasalle is? Even they got beat.

825445943[/snapback]

i agree with ya wholeheartedly. me and region4fan have gotten the trash talker label by showing confidence in our team as well(oakland). Oak Ridge fans have reason to be confident, they beat a very good team in DB. i think its safe to say that riverdale hasnt faced a team of DB's caliber, at least until friday night. i thik the majority of OR's success on offense will be in the passing game. if you can get anything close to 3.5 yards a carry consistently, you have a very good chance at a win.

this thread is TOO Funny!!!

Riverdale and Oak Ridge are about to square off for berth in the state finals and other schools' fans are on the thread talking about Riverdale.  What? Nothing to do until basketball season tips off?    :blink:

The Riverdale PA announcer calls out the ball carrier and tackler on just about every play, regardless of who it is. On plays he doesn't he is busy lining up announcements and getting info on other scores in progress and what have you.  How do I know this?  I am the one who tells him who did what.  Spotters give me the #'s, I give the names.  I think the announcer said "Stearman" and "Toline" and "Adams" and "Paxton" several times Friday night.

Also - we have had trivia night one night in the history of the stadium, the night of our 10 year reunion of our 1994 state championship team. 

Region4 fan - you strike me as a bitter man.  Perhaps change that moniker to PatriotsFan or better yet  PatriotsAndWhoEverIsPlayingRiverdaleFan

Some people can find some strange things to talk about... (Especially when their season is over for some reason?).  And can be so wrong in so many ways....    the sad thing?  They don't even know they are wrong. (Or don't care if they do know they are)...  It is an amazing thing what jealousy and envy does to a person - LOL!!!!!!!!!!

we now return to our regulary scheduled thread.....

825445097[/snapback]

We all forgot Riverdavid Liombaugh that you are the alll knowing all good all perfect supporter as you posted earlier "I support all teams in rutherford county as a fan" -------baloney you support them only as far as that riverdale leash will allow. I guess you forgot to tell us we were supposed to move on and are not allowed to post opinioins and if we do we are "bitter". In your world anyone that dares say a negative about Riverdale is "bitter"

You have a right to support riverdale as much as you want just don'r come on here as some kind of all knowing good guy grandfatherly type adviser besause you

have a huge agenda and are as biased and one sided as anyone on here.

I will not only post on here what I want but I will be at every game and sit on the visitors side and if Riverdale loses I will laugh all the way home. Did my team beat them -- no but the next best thing will be to watch some one else and be there when it happens. Am I biased --- absolutely the only differnces between you and me is I admit mine while you play make believe with yours

Can anybody from OR bring me a hat to the game because come friday for one day I will say GO CATS!

Riverdale do I need to do a top 10 guarantee list?

riverdale gets all of the respect in the world... give OR some respect- weve earned it

825442526[/snapback]

In dissagree As a former warrior and now am a freshman redshirt for cumberland U. every time you mention our name someone has something bad to say. Oh you recruit, cheat, or some other BS. Well I do respect that you beat the other #1 team in the state it's nice that we don't have to share the title.

Here is my point, your team plays dirtier than a britney spears video. I will be the first to admit we shouldn't have made it out like we did last year, you were the better team then. Considering that you have some of the rudest people i have ever met at an away game,

I tell you what before I let my mouth get me into some more trouble lets just quit the trash talking and see it on the field Friday night. Oh and just to run it by you heres a quick history of our stadium Since it oppened in 2000 We lost 2 game on our field, and have never lost a play off game at our new home.

But all in all I guess we will see who is the big dog of state 7:00 PM Friday night right in the heart of red and gold country. I just hope we don't have the same crappy weather we had last year

Edited by BigWesHall

We all forgot Riverdavid Liombaugh that you are the alll knowing all good all perfect supporter as you posted earlier "I support all teams in rutherford county as a fan" -------baloney you support them only as far as that riverdale leash will allow. I guess you forgot to tell us we were supposed to move on and are not allowed to post opinioins and if we do we are "bitter". In your world anyone that dares say a negative about Riverdale is "bitter"

You have a right to support riverdale as much as you want just don'r come on here as some kind of all knowing good guy grandfatherly type adviser besause you

have a huge agenda  and are as biased and one sided as anyone on here.

I will not only post on here what I want but I will be at every game and sit on the visitors side and if Riverdale loses I will laugh all the way home. Did my team beat them -- no but the next best thing will be to watch some one else and be there when it happens. Am I biased --- absolutely the only differnces between you and me is I admit mine while you play make believe with yours

Can anybody from OR bring me a hat to the game because come friday for one day I will say GO CATS!

Riverdale do I need to do a top 10 guarantee list?

825446066[/snapback]

Don't know if it is needed, but I would sure like to see one!

Guest Oakland
Don't know if it is needed, but I would sure like to see one!

825446141[/snapback]

since we are at each other's throats, it wouldnt hurt. its time 82car busts a list out anyways. been way too long since he did his last one :blink:

Edited by Oakland

Interrupting this thread for a quick fact.

Regular season records of OR's and RD's opponents;

OR - won 49, lost 51 49% winning percentage, 5 teams with winning records

RD - won 47, lost 53, 47% winning percentage, 5 teams with winning records

Neither team played out of this world competition on a weekly basis.

I now returm you to your thread...