Huntingdon Mustangs VS Milan Bulldogs

trogdor13

This Friday night at Johnny Hale Stadium it will feature the best 2 teams in 2A football. The Milan Bulldogs (9-4) and the Huntingdon Mustangs (11-2) arch rivals and both love to play the game. But, your leaving out something.... THE FANS!!! That can make a change in the momentum any game no matter what. I expect at least 8,000 plus in attendance which i like to see. Featured in the game will be 5 very good backs. Chris Donald and Phillip Weathers from Huntingdon running on just about everybody. And from Milan you have Daylen Walker, Micah Blount, and Eric Coleman which is basically unstoppable. If Milan can hold up and not break down they will win the game, but if they break it will get real ugly. I will even tell you how to win a game. For Milan When Weathers runs dont let him get outside and when Donald runs close the gaps. For Huntingdon dont let Milan get outside because in the blink of an eye Walker sidesteps you and is in for 6 before you no it. Dont let Micah Blount beat you up the middle because if he does he can break a tackle as you saw last time they meet. Eric Coleman is questionable for Milan getting another stinger in his neck. If he play he can runs up the middle and outside so he is another threat to change the game. Yes, Huntingdon won the their 1st championship last season in 2A but if if not mistaken Milan has 3 2A titles and also a AAA title. I expect this game to put points on the board but hopefully it will be a good game. Both teams are good when they want to be and bad when they play sloppy. Both teams have played sloopy and like champs so we will see how it will turn out. And yo might be asking what side will I be sitting on..... Milan. I think that Milan will win this game and for 1 reason the offenxive line is opening up holes and Daylen Walker is flying through them. And just how fast can this speedster run? How about a 4.23 in the 40 last year at the MTSU combine. My pick for the win this Friday is MILAN BULLDOGS. The winner of this game will be state champs. West Tennessee football is just so much better than east and middle Tennessee. So expect the state championship game to be a blowout. Go DAWGS!!! thumb

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9yr old champs... I knew Kevin Ward played for Milan but I didn't know he played QB.  Mansfield played HS at Dresden.  Where did Morris play?  Lots of coches have come from Milan and Lipscomb has McCadams from H'don and coached at Milan too under Tucker.

825449173[/snapback]

He was the starting QB his senior year and then went to Lambuth as a very good DB. That 86' team was special. The O line averaged about 280 lbs and Fields probably weighed about 220 and just flat out ran DB's over. In todays classifications, a state title would have been a cakewalk for the 83' and 86' teams. MUS beat us by one point on a "Hail Mary" in 83' and we finished 12-1.

I don't know where Morris played. P.A. Pratt, head coach at Crockett Co., was an all-state player for Milan (81-84).

Milan's defense may be able to stop Huntingdon because to be quite honest with you folks the Huntingdon offense has not really exploded yet this postseason.  They scored 35 against Loretto, a team that Fairview scored over 50-points against.  They scored 14 against Cheatham, a team whose defense had been known to be suspect from time to time.  Last week they scored 26 points against Camden, despite the fact that they dominated the game statistically.  I think that Huntingdon will win this football game Friday night, but I believe this based on the way that the Mustangs defense has played throughout the playoffs this November.  Huntingdon began the playoffs be pitching two straight shutouts against Loretto (5-5) and Cheatham (7-3).  Loretto and Cheatham had two of the better tailbacks in the entire midstate this past season in Eli Fisher and Landon Jones, who both eclipsed the 1,500 yard rushing mark in '04.  This past week Huntingdon held Camden (9-1) to 6-points.  That was the same Camden team who featured Josh Boyd, who was also a 1,500 yard back in '04, and that rolled over Lewis County and Fairview by a combined score of 67-6 in the first two rounds of the playoffs.  What would lead me to believe that Daylan Walker and the Milan offense is just going to run through the Huntingdon Mustangs defense this week???  I have said many times that Milan has been the "Cinderella Story" of this year's postseason because they beat Mitchell (8-2), Westview (8-2), and Carver (9-1), despite finishing the regular season at 6-4 with some of those losses being to teams who were not better than the Dawgs.  As you all know the clock eventually has to strike midnight for Cinderella, so in this case I see that happening at around 7:00PM this upcoming Friday. 

Huntingdon-28

Milan-14

825449013[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on your assesment. Earlier in the year the Mustang offense seemed more explosive but with that wide open type offense,(they were slinging it around alot more then) also came the turnovers. What I think has happened is that in order to limit turnovers Huntingdon is playing alot more smashmouth, low risk football and very stingy defense. Both are the combinations that win championships. From looking at the statistics these two teams are very much alike. They're gonna beat you with the ground game and sneak a pass in every so often. Both play good defense. Turnovers will decide this game.

I'll agree with you on your assesment. Earlier in the year the Mustang offense seemed more explosive but with that wide open type offense,(they were slinging it around alot more then) also came the turnovers. What I think has happened is that in order to limit turnovers Huntingdon is playing alot more smashmouth, low risk football and very stingy defense. Both are the combinations that win championships. From looking at the statistics these two teams are very much alike. They're gonna beat you with the ground game and sneak a pass in every so often. Both play good defense. Turnovers will decide this game.

825449436[/snapback]

I agree with turnovers being a key to this game.

I think you're exactly right and Milan has done the same thing. I thought we had a chance to beat JCM if Blount would have gotten more carries. We tried to pass the ball and run sweeps against JCM and they were too quick for that,but running inside the tackles,Blount was getting 5yds a carry.

The O line will determine the winnner of this game. It seems both O lines are playing really well. This has all the makings of a high scoring game.

Morris played in Salem, Illinois where he grew up. He then went on to Southeast Missouri State and played baseball there in college. His high school coaching career started at Henry County as an assistant, then came to Milan as an assistant under Dan Bland for a couple of years before he took over as head. This is his ninth year as head coach at Milan.

Well "Day Day" if that's who you really are!

You need to be in "SCHOOL SCHOOL". Hope that you have a good game Friday night and injury free.

But I'm hoping not good enough to beat the Stangs!

GO STANGS!

By the way way, Day Day, If you were in SCHOOL SCHOOL you would LEARN LEARN, if your'e NOT ....... thats BAD BAD, cause with the talent you have you need the GRADES GRADES........

From what I hear you are a nice and kind young man.You WILL be successful on the next level if you keep up the hard work!

And that's the ole REIGNMAN lookin out for someone that he hopes succeeds in everything he does! thumb

825449058[/snapback]

I'm in a computer class, and I do keep up the hard work!

I agree with turnovers being a key to this game.

I think you're exactly right and Milan has done the same thing. I thought we had a chance to beat JCM if Blount would have gotten more carries. We tried to pass the ball and run sweeps against JCM and they were too quick for that,but running inside the tackles,Blount was getting  5yds a carry.

The O line will determine the winnner of this game. It seems both O lines are playing really well. This has all the makings of a high scoring game.

825449484[/snapback]

Milan won the last game because of the oline and Blount and the funky kickoffs(it worked), and Huntingdon's turnovers. Huntingdon will be better against Blount and the kickoffs but if Huntingdon turns the ball over and the talented Milan tailback gets loose Milan will win again. Otherwise Huntingdon will win by at least two touchdowns. Just my objective opinion.

well its the rematch everyone has been wanting, so what do you guys think about it? will it be close like last year?

825442125[/snapback]

I think it's gonna be a close game and it's sure gonna be close. Whoever thinks that this is fixing to be a shut out they'd better think again bcuz it's not gonna happen like that. We're lookin for revenge after what happend last year and we got out eyes on the prize and the way to get to the prize is through Huntingdon and we can do it.