Huntingdon Mustangs VS Milan Bulldogs

trogdor13

I talked to one of our defensive starters and he said they knew Milan would look at this game as revenge and they would have the home field advantage.  They are really excited to be playing Milan.  From my standpoint it's exciting to be playing Thanksgiving weekend.  I know it's going to be a great game.  If this game between these two programs doesn't get your blood pumping then something's wrong..  Go Mustangs!

825450633[/snapback]

I totally agree.

Whoever wins this game will be in a battle the following week. Milan and Huntingdon were way above anything else in 2A last year, but this year it should be a much closer title game.

Realistically, this is probably Milan's last shot at the Burro' for at least a couple of more years and I hope all the players give it 110% this week and don't hold anything back.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to Milan.....And the comment above about mansfield over morris anyday......Who won the tennessee titan's coach of the year award last year? RIght...Morris....and he didn't even have to bring home the gold to accomplish that.

Dawgs.......34-20

825448327[/snapback]

ask caoch morris which he would rather have the titans coach of the year or the 2003 state championship trophy that mansfield gets to look at every day.

Why is everyone predicting such a large spread.... THis game will be decided by special teams..And the bottom line is, Huntingdon is in extreme need of someone who can put it through the uprights im not sure about exactly wat Huntingtons kickers stats are but he had alot of trouble at milan

825450607[/snapback]

Huntingdon has too many looks they can give you on offense for Milan to shut them down. IMO Huntingdon (if they take care of the ball) is going to score 28-35 points against anybody. Milan on the other hand doesn't have the ability to make a defense pay for crowding the LOS and selling out against the run. (We never did that in the first game) In the first contest your big fullback killed us, but I look to have someone accounting for him this time. Thats just my opinion and no disrespect intended.

Huntingdon has to:

Contain Walker on kickoff and punt returns.

Be prepared for the little gimmicky special teams plays that Morris loves to run.

Make good decisions in the passing game.

Convert in the red zone.

Take care of the football.

Milan has to:

Challenge the MUSTANG defense vertically.

Stay away from 3rd and long situations.

Win the special teams battle.

Keep Huntingdon's offense on the sidelines.

Take care of the football.

Just to throw in a little extra: Milan got physically beat up when they played JCM, thus the next week they to Trenton. Milan again got physically beat up by Covington and lost to Humboldt the next week because of it. Milan got physically abused by a really good Carver team. The difference in the first 2 and the last one is Milan won the last game!!

I may be wrong, but I do not think any other team could have played Mitchell, Westview and Carver and still be going to the 4th round.

The question is can Milan recover from the beating they took @ Carver last week. If so this will be a great game to watch. if not Huntingdon needs to write Carver a big thank you note, as Milan will not have anything left, especially in the 4th quarter.

Milan[/url] on the other hand doesn't have the ability to make a defense pay for crowding the LOS and selling out against the run. (We never did that in the first game) In the first contest your big fullback killed us, but I look to have someone accounting for him this time. Thats just my opinion and no disrespect intended.

Carver put 9 in the box and we ran all night on them(Blount 29 carries, Walker 22 carries). That's what we missed last year when Goff broke his arm against Carver. I think Rod had 33 carries and just ran out of gas in the semi's last year. Blount is healthy and ready to hit someone this week.

I know Mansfield and his staff have replayed that week 7 game over and over and will come with a good gameplan, but so will Milan. This should be another classic.

We hear about Huntingdon improving greatly and how they have made all these adjustments and are going to win. But I guess Milan hasnt improved one bit, and will get stopped? Your crazy, Milan will come with a gameplan and it doesnt matter if you put 9 in the box. Bring your SS up(Hampton) or the backup QB, remember what happend last time they came up to help with the run. They better stay back for a pass and let the big dawgs play in the trenches. Milan is going to put up points and Milans defense is going to have to put a hold on the running game.

Milan is on a roll. Milan is going to put up points no matter what. Milans offense is clicking on all cylinders! Milan goes to the burro!!! Im still trying to take this all in at once. Daylan Walker and Micah Blount have been plowing over people and you should have seen that Carver team. Carvers Tailback is outstanding. It was a shootout.

825442614[/snapback]

westtn224state:

I have a next door neighbor who is the stat guy for Carver. We talked about the game (Milan/Carver). He told me that late in the game, Carver had the ball on Milans side of the field. He told me Carver had 2 timeouts left and they were moving the ball on the ground. I think the Carver RB had 200 + yards. Then, he tells me, the Carver coach panics and tries to pass the ball, the snap goes over the QB's head and it was all over with. You were there ... tell me ... do you think the Carver coach abandoned the running game too soon?

westtn224state:

I have a next door neighbor who is the stat guy for Carver. We talked about the game (Milan/Carver). He told me that late in the game, Carver had the ball on Milans side of the field. He told me Carver had 2 timeouts left and they were moving the ball on the ground. I think the Carver RB had 200 + yards. Then, he tells me, the Carver coach panics and tries to pass the ball, the snap goes over the QB's head and it was all over with. You were there ... tell me ... do you think the Carver coach abandoned the running game too soon?

825450862[/snapback]

This wasn't intended for me, but here's my 2 cents worth. Carver should never be in a shotgun formation when the center never gets to snap the ball on PAT's because Carver always goes for 2 points.

I dread playing at milan. Their fans show no respect for the visiting team. It doesn't help that the visiter locker room is behind the home stands. I don't know what it's like for milan to play at huntingdon but, I do know that at milan the fans are yelling at, trying to trip, and throwing cups and trash off the stands at the huntingdon players. I got hurt in the last game and when I had to walk back to the locker room on crutches people were barking and throwing trash at me. There was one kid that tried to kick one of my crutches out from under me. milan is the last place I want to play at.

I dread playing at milan.  Their fans show no respect for the visiting team.  It doesn't help that the visiter locker room is behind the home stands.  I don't know what it's like for milan to play at huntingdon but, I do know that at milan the fans are yelling at, trying to trip, and throwing cups and trash off the stands at the huntingdon players.  I got hurt in the last game and when I had to walk back to the locker room on crutches people were barking and throwing trash at me.  There was one kid that tried to kick one of my crutches out from under me.  milan is the last place I want to play at.

825450913[/snapback]

I won't call you a liar because I guess every town has their share of "idiots". I have never witnessed anything like that happening at a Milan game, but I guess it's possible.