Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look forward to seeing TN High come to Maryville. I like seeing different teams. I expect a good game.

825443201[/snapback]

With THS having a couple of Thursday nite games, I took the opportunity

to see the #1 team in the state play ther first game against Powell.

Powell had the biggest o-line I've seen in past few years and was a formidable

opponent but the score was still 42-10. What I took away from the game was

a team that executes extremely well and capitalizes on the other teams mistakes.

Maryville seemed to make the right calls throughout the game which shows how

well prepared they are every week.

Maryville's tradition can psyche out an opposing team before the refs blow the whistle.

Offensive line is solid and gave QB time to pitch a tent. RB's ran the ball hard and if Vikes don't wrap up could be a long nite.

No doubt, we will have to show up and play our best game of the year

as will all teams that want to advance to the Boro. I can't wait for game to start.

Hope we represent our area as we definitely get no respect for football in upper

ET. To get respect you have to earn it as we haven't gone this far in playoffs for 32 years.

Hats off to 4 gold balls in last 6 years! You've got our respect!

Look forward to coming to your house. It will be a great atmosphere for high school football. It will be nice to be the underdog for once!

Game before the Big Dance is quite an accomplishment for our boys and I'm extremely proud of our team whatever happens.

GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me state "for the record" that both of these programs (coaches, players, etc) have a tremendous amount of class and have had great seasons up to this point. Both of them beat my favorite team (Mo West) though they were at 2 very different points in the season.

I have to go with Maryville in this one (especially if Tallent and Byner are healthy). My advice to both teams and their fans is enjoy the moment, it is an honor to play the Friday after Thanksgiving. This is the first time in 4 years we haven't done that, and when you don't make it that far you realize how special it really is to go that deep in the play-offs.

If the weather is good I will be there Friday night and expect a good game. Whoever wins bring back the Gold Ball to East Tennessee.

Let me state "for the record" that both of these programs (coaches, players, etc) have a tremendous amount of class and have had great seasons up to this point.  Both of them beat my favorite team (Mo West) though they were at 2 very different points in the season.

I have to go with Maryville in this one (especially if Tallent and Byner are healthy).  My advice to both teams and their fans is enjoy the moment, it is an honor to play the Friday after Thanksgiving.  This is the first time in 4 years we haven't done that, and when you don't make it that far you realize how special it really is to go that deep in the play-offs.

If the weather is good I will be there Friday night and expect a good game.  Whoever wins bring back the Gold Ball to East Tennessee.

825443329[/snapback]

Thanks transplant and you are right. That Thanksgiving morning practice with the the annual breakfast afterwards, should be very special to these Maryville seniors. We at Maryville have been blessed and should be thankful for what we have had the opportunity to enjoy.

Go Rebs.