Whos the best coach in 6-AA

Wildcatballin24

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to go with Coach Roberts at Marion Co. Here me out before you jump to sayin that Marion's record doesn't reflect that. you ask who the best coach was. The man has his boys playing hard, disciplined basketball. He has "the country boys" from the valley playing well enough to compete in a very strong district. This is also a guy that has the program on the rise with involvement from the community to back him. This also brings up the point that they are trying to get rid of him, why? He is taking a team that people look at on paper and pick to be in last place, and making them into hard working competitors who will make some noise this year. I believe this would be Marion Co's 4 or 5 mistake by letting yet another good teacher, good coach, and good guy out of our school systems.

I would have to go with Coach Roberts at Marion Co.  Here me out before you jump to sayin that Marion's record doesn't reflect that. you ask who the best coach was.  The man has his boys playing hard, disciplined basketball. He has "the country boys" from the valley playing well enough to compete in a very strong district. This is also a guy that has the program on the rise with involvement from the community to back him. This also brings up the point that they are trying to get rid of him, why? He is taking a team that people look at on paper and pick to be in last place, and making them into hard working competitors who will make some noise this year. I believe this would be Marion Co's 4 or 5 mistake by letting yet another good teacher, good coach, and good guy out of our school systems.

825450211[/snapback]

4-24 last year isnt competing...........

Purplefan, I would just like to echo your sentiments. It may not reflect in terms of wins, but night in and night out Stephen has them doing two things very well: playing hard, and playing together. The transition between coaches was a big adjustment for most people, but with time, I hope people see that what he is doing is a tremendous benefit for the program. Things that he has done off the court with the program were greatly needed, and his knowledge of fundamentals and X's and O's on the court are shown in some of the success he had at previous schools. It is tough to pile up wins in that district, but I can guarantee that there is not a team in that district that works as hard as the Marion boys do. Hopefully, Roberts' job is secure, because I feel he's only getting started with making this program very successful.

I would have to go with Coach Roberts at Marion Co.  Here me out before you jump to sayin that Marion's record doesn't reflect that. you ask who the best coach was.  The man has his boys playing hard, disciplined basketball. He has "the country boys" from the valley playing well enough to compete in a very strong district. This is also a guy that has the program on the rise with involvement from the community to back him. This also brings up the point that they are trying to get rid of him, why? He is taking a team that people look at on paper and pick to be in last place, and making them into hard working competitors who will make some noise this year. I believe this would be Marion Co's 4 or 5 mistake by letting yet another good teacher, good coach, and good guy out of our school systems.

825450211[/snapback]

I think coach roberts would do a real fine job with his program if he had an assistant coach that had a clue how to play basketball. he started with roberts last year and none of the players respected him and he is with him this year and he still doesnt have a clue. his assistant couldnt play ball in high school so what is he doin showin these kids.. not a thing

Without a doubt, Leroy Higgins, Howard.  Class act, great coach.  Motivates what seems are unmotivatable kids to perform.  He has won the Region numerous times over the last 10 years.

825456274[/snapback]

First of all get your facts straight Higgins has not been at Howard for the last ten years, he was at City High where he had talented teams but never really beat anyone good, And at Howard he has had the most talented teams every year except for this year

I think coach roberts would do a real fine job with his program if he had an assistant coach that had a clue how to play basketball. he started with roberts last year and none  of the players respected him and he is with him this year and he still doesnt have a clue. his assistant couldnt play ball in high school so what is he doin showin these kids.. not a thing

825455773[/snapback]

now Turtle, tell us how you really feel!!!!!!!!!

Well heres Gobblersnob.....Should be alot of lies comin our way now. Hey turtle, What are you talking about. I dont really know Marions assistant coach but The one thing I do know is that he is respected. I dont really remember him playing in high school but my older brothers both say he was a great shooter.

Edited by GCHS27

Well heres Gobblersnob.....Should be alot of lies comin our way now.  Hey turtle, What are you talking about.  I dont really know Marions assistant coach but The one thing I do know is that he is respected.  I dont really remember him playing in high school but my older brothers both say he was a great shooter.

825459186[/snapback]

Glad to know that you remembered me GCHS27, but one thing is for sure, I'm not full of a bunch of lies. Remember I said that Ladd wouldn't be back and he's not. And Turtle is right the kids don't respect the assistant as coach, he just thinks they do. Now, they respect him as a friend, no doubt there. I'm not bashing anyone and not gonna start it anytime soon but don't go on here and say I am full of lies. Lets get b-ball season started, it looks to be interesting. I am glad to see MC winning and being competative so far.