Hixson @ Soddy Daisy(The season kicks off)

simonzander71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats because the strength of schedule stuff does not add games against teams that are out of state and ooltewah has played 2 out of state teams so that puts no points in there even tho they have those extra games on their record, so this actually works against their strength

825455367[/snapback]

Agreed! the only reason i pointed that out is cuz nokona has been using soddy's strength of schedule to ooltewah's strength of schedule as a comparison to who is better. i personally could careless about the strength of schedule. i look forward to both teams deciding who is better on the court.

Agreed! the only reason i pointed that out is cuz nokona has been using soddy's strength of schedule to ooltewah's strength of schedule as a comparison to who is better. i personally could careless about the strength of schedule. i look forward to both teams deciding who is better on the court.

825459880[/snapback]

thats what i say

hotsauce and newballer...

i agree with both of you on the fact that the best way to decide which team is better... is on the court. but when people on coacht want to compare the teams on paper, strength of schedule is a statistic and comes into play when comparing the teams "on paper" which would be the reason why, i think, ooltewah is better "on paper." however, none of that is for sure until the two teams meet in district competition "on the court."

hotsauce and newballer...

i agree with both of you on the fact that the best way to decide which team is better... is on the court. but when people on coacht want to compare the teams on paper, strength of schedule is a statistic and comes into play when comparing the teams "on paper" which would be the reason why, i think, ooltewah is better "on paper." however, none of that is for sure until the two teams meet in district competition "on the court."

825460049[/snapback]

I, once again, agree with you Nokona. Basketball is so upset minded and it is just hard to tell how a team will play, but on paper, go to give it to the Owls.

well put saucy...

the only common ground the two teams share is notre dame. both played them about the same score. so essentially both are equal, which is the way i have been leaning since i saw hixson/soddy in action.

evidence: in the preseason i thought soddy had no shot at success, but now after rolling to an undefeated start, im not doubting anymore... they can play and it shows because i had them in my top 10, something i wouldn't have dreamed of in preseason.