Hixson @ Soddy Daisy(The season kicks off)

simonzander71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy Daisy 68

Hixson 59

Hixson led at the half by 7 I believe.

First Half

Hixson definitely controlled the ball and the foul game. Forced Soddy to foul more than Soddy would have liked, and caused Michael Eldridge to sit most of the half (good shooter), so that limited their outside game. Rende (SD), for some reason, didn't play much during the first half. Again, Hixson controlled the game and played the game they like to play, setting up open shots instead of forcing them. Hixson shooting was superior to SD in first half.

Second Half

Total reversal of the first half. SD controlled pace of play and introduced a 3/4 court press. Pressure forced some turnovers and caused a upbeat agressive style of play that fit in to SD's hands. Hixson got in a little foul trouble, and SD went to the line more than Hixson wouldv'e liked. Hixson had several good scoring opportunities but, unlike their tendencies, missed some good opportunities.

Player of the Game

Russell McNeil (PG) for Soddy. At first, I doubted the kid. But seriously, after seeing him play, he can nearly do it all. He's no Lebron or anything, but he has the ability to spread the ball out and run the floor (a style of play Soddy is familiar with, but it worked). He isn't a very exceptional shooter, but still can score, evident from his 23 pts, though most came from free throws. He will probably be contained by some quicker guards in the area (Brown - Ooltewah, but is the focal point of the team).

Biggest Downfall

Hixson free throw shooting late in the game. With the score teetering around 4-6 pts, converting on the front end of the 1-and-1 wouldv'e helped tremendously. I would say Hixson squandered 4-8 pts on free throws at the end.

Dark Horse Effective Player

Bill Darden © for Soddy Daisy helped out on the boards and even had a clutch block in the 3rd quarter I believe. Hixson was out rebounded in the second half, and he contributed some help.

...nokona... head-ing out like a fetus! until next game....

Hixson just flat out blew it in the second half. They were out rebounded and choked with a lot of turnovers. Hixson only had 2 scorers with 24(Wood) and 22(Smalley). Soddy fans were rowdy but it didn't affect these two guys anyways. Plus, we were trying to get on soddy's players some too. I just couldn't get everyone yelling with me. Bottom line is that Soddy is a good team, and if rende starts scoring they can be very good, but hixson would have won if they didn't choke and turn over the game in the 2nd half.

Edited by mmb810

Hixson's coach is horrible. He let Soddy get on a 12-0 run and then finally called timeout when soddy started pressing in the second half. He let Soddy get too much momentum at the start of the second half and that cost them the game. Soddy is not a good team and Hixson should have beat them. It is ridiculous how much Coach Eller for Hixson contributed to that loss. It was an exciting game though

Soddy Daisy 68

Hixson 59

First Half

Hixson definitely controlled the ball and the foul game. Forced Soddy to foul more than Soddy would have liked, and caused Michael Eldridge to sit most of the half (good shooter), so that limited their outside game. Rende (SD), for some reason, didn't play much during the first half. Again, Hixson controlled the game and played the game they like to play, setting up open shots instead of forcing them. Hixson shooting was superior to SD in first half.

Second Half

Total reversal of the first half. SD controlled pace of play and introduced a 3/4 court press. Pressure forced some turnovers and caused a upbeat agressive style of play that fit in to SD's hands. Hixson got in a little foul trouble, and SD went to the line more than Hixson wouldv'e liked. Hixson had several good scoring opportunities but, unlike their tendencies, missed some good opportunities.

Player of the Game

Russell McNeil (PG) for Soddy. At first, I doubted the kid. But seriously, after seeing him play, he can nearly do it all. He's no Lebron or anything, but he has the ability to spread the ball out and run the floor (a style of play Soddy is familiar with, but it worked). He isn't a very exceptional shooter, but still can score, evident from his 23 pts, though most came from free throws. He will probably be contained by some quicker guards in the area (Brown - Ooltewah, but is the focal point of the team).

Biggest Downfall

Hixson free throw shooting late in the game. With the score teetering around 4-6 pts, converting on the front end of the 1-and-1 wouldv'e helped tremendously. I would say Hixson squandered 4-8 pts on free throws at the end.

Bill Darden © for Soddy Daisy helped out on the boards and even had a clutch block in the 3rd quarter I believe. Hixson was out rebounded in the second half, and he contributed some help.

825448297[/snapback]

wow its kinda hard to agree with you for the first time but i do, this tells bout it all and by the way did you see me on news channel 9 last night, now what...

Soddy Daisy 68

Hixson 59

First Half

Second Half

Player of the Game

Biggest Downfall

825448297[/snapback]

Great in depth look at the game, Nokona2.

ok ok ok ok ok lets see here how mant times do i have to say this, HIXSON BASKETBALL IS NO GOOD, SMALLEY IS HALF WAY DESCENT BUT THATS ABOUT IT, PEOPLE I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIME HIXSON HAS NO GAME, SODDY DOMINATED THEM MOSTLY AND HIXSON stinks SO BAD. THERE WEAK OK!!!

825448404[/snapback]

For them being weak it was fairly close game, so what does that make Soddy?

ok ok ok ok ok lets see here how mant times do i have to say this, HIXSON BASKETBALL IS NO GOOD, SMALLEY IS HALF WAY DESCENT BUT THATS ABOUT IT, PEOPLE I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIME HIXSON HAS NO GAME, SODDY DOMINATED THEM MOSTLY AND HIXSON stinks SO BAD. THERE WEAK OK!!!

825448404[/snapback]

Even your own school doesn't like you.... what are you, the team manager or something?

owlsbaseball thank you my friend

Exhibit A: Smalley wasn't even the high scorer for Hixson. though he had 22 pts., Kyle Wood put up 24. So essentially, Wood is pretty good too (or as zander would point out half as good)

Exhibit B: Russell McNeil scored all of the pts. And the next highest scorer was at 12, everyone else was like 4,5, or 6 pts. So, Rickets who scored 12 is "half way decent" and then rationally, everyone is "one fourth the way decent" if you look at it in zander's perspective.

Closing Arguement:

Zander you must realize that though McNeil is good, he hasn't faced his district competition yet. I would love to see the Corey Sanders (Brainerd) and McNeil matchup. I would be willing to bet that Sanders will maul McNeil. He's quicker, more agile, and is a better ballhandler--not to mention he shoots from well behind the arc. Brainerd isn't the only team that can control McNeil. Ooltewah will as well. Two district teams that will be able to contain McNeil.

Case closed.