Bradley Central

Guest clevelandbusinessman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clevelandbusinessman

So have they even interviewed anyone? The people I thought they would attempt to hire have not even been contacted? Do they have a plan on the hiring process or not. I have talked to a few coaches who said they would be interested but no one knows the application process and how it is going to work.

Rumor is Coach Allen will get a 4 year contract for $80,000 guaranteed. Win lose or draw. $50,000 from the school system and $30,000 from private donors, gets a car and a job for the Mrs. It's amazing that some coaches couldn't get badly needed equipment at that school not to long ago.

BCHS is in the middle of renovations and could not even meet fire codes for the past few years. So what the heck are they thinking? $80,000 for a coach if thats the case what about all the other coaches what makes this one so much better. Oh I forgot the school board and powers that be don't think. At least of the kids.

I live in cleveland and I am wondering how they are going to conduct their search at Bradley Central.  First of all, if they plan on taking applications, they need to post the position.  It isn't posted on their website!  Secondly, will anyone apply?  If this happens, in what direction do they turn?  Are they going to contact potential candidates in order to spark interest.  I think this is going to be a job for a younger coach who is looking for a head position.  I don't see any veteran coaches coming after this one.  What do you guys think?  Has any names circulated out there that Bradley has a legit chance of getting.  For example, Coach Weathers, Dale Jones, and Coach Monroe will not even think about it.  Who are the names out there?

825446702[/snapback]

Looks like John Allen from LFO in Ga. will be taking over the reins as Bradley's new head coach.

Rumor is Coach Allen will get a 4 year contract for $80,000 guaranteed. Win lose or draw.  $50,000 from the school system  and $30,000 from private donors, gets a car and a job for the Mrs.  It's amazing that some coaches couldn't get badly needed equipment at that school not to long ago. 

BCHS is in the middle of renovations and could not even meet fire codes for the past few years.  So what the heck are they thinking?  $80,000 for a coach if thats the case what about all the other coaches what makes this one so much better. Oh I forgot the school board and powers that be don't think.  At least of the kids.

825464318[/snapback]

The school system will pay whatever the coach would make under the current salary schedule, which would put John Allen at around $53-$54,000. If a donor wants to pay anyone in excess of that, it is clearly their business, as long as it properly goes through the business office. As far as kids go, I believe everyone is trying to do what's right for the kids! I've been around here for a long time and I've never known of a football coach at Bradley that has had a problem getting equipment. As far as renovations and fire codes go, they are complete, and the additional money from BCHS supporters has absolutely NOTHING to do with taxpayer money! Also, a contract has not been offered to anyone, and the school system will do whatever is legal in hiring a coach! I am very grateful that the school board is concerned with BCHS, and wants to bring in a high profile person. I KNOW that many people in the system want what's best for the kids. Their has been many hours spent on this search so far, and it will continue until the right fit is found. This so-called gossip makes me sick!

So have they even interviewed anyone?  The people I thought they would attempt to hire have not even been contacted?  Do they have a plan on the hiring process or not.  I have talked to a few coaches who said they would be interested but no one knows the application process and how it is going to work.

825461981[/snapback]

They have interviewed Mark Tipton, John Allen, Bill "Chief" Robertson, and have talked briefly with Scotty Smith. Benny Monroe was not interested. Other names being thrown around are Grant Reynolds, Reggie Mathis, and a coach from Beech High School. They are accepting applications at the Central Office or at BCHS. If you know of anyone interested they can contact Turner Jackson(AD), Martha Frazier(AD/Asst. Prin), Tom Losh(PRIN), or the Central Office. Those numbers are 423-476-0650, or 423-476-0620. They do have a plan and want someone who can be successful, and mesh with the people at Bradley. They plan is to seriously analyze everthing about the candidates-x & O's, community involvement, personality, character & morality, etc.