New Beech Coach

sumnerfbfan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you this much about the situation, yes Coach Taylor is hanging up his whistle and will pick up his fishing pole a little more often. Coach Hardison will not return as an assistant coach next year. Coach Aric will land on his feet by next football season for sure. He is examining all of his options right now. I talk with Hardison, Taylor, and Aric about once every ten days. Aric could wind up at Bradley, Harpeth, or Hickman as a Head Coach or in a number of places as an assistant coach.

#1. The Coach Grantham rumor was started by the principal at BHS himself when he was seen eating with Coach G. at the Cracker Barrel in Franklin, KY the day after he fired Coach Aric. I know that sounds fishy, but it is a true story.

#2. The players that were at the meeting of the new head coach really did not react one way or the other. I think they are still just shocked and puzzled by the firing of Coach Aric.

#3. No word on whether or not the new coach will retain the old staff or not. With all the turnover in the Beech staff the past few years, only 2 or 3 of the staff have tenure, so I suppose that if Coach Crabtree wanted to he could get rid of the rest and start over. Who knows what is going on at BHS.

#4. Coach Aric, who is a very good man and football coach, will land on his feet somewhere else. It is BHS's loss.

#5. As to whether or not the Bucs make the playoffs next year, we will have to wait and see. They have a very tough non-region schedule in Hendersonville, Gallatin, and White House. Plus add in the region schedule of Portland, Springfield, Mt. Juliet, and the Clarksville schools, it might be tougher than some people will think. 4A is no joke.

#6. I too wish Coach Crabtree the best. I hope that he can get the job done at BHS. Like I said in my original post though, I was not to very impressed. Just my ignorant observation.

#1.  The Coach Grantham rumor was started by the principal at BHS himself when he was seen eating with Coach G. at the Cracker Barrel in Franklin, KY the day after he fired Coach Aric.  I know that sounds fishy, but it is a true story.

825458518[/snapback]

Maybe this is a typo, but you said the rumor was started by the principal? No, it sounds like to me the rumor was started by the person who saw this breakfest meeting and is reading too much into it.

I don't even know who the principal at Beech is right now, so I don't have a dog in the fight. It's just pretty silly to start a rumor over a couple of eggs and a biscuit.

• 2 weeks later...

I offer this piece of advice to the incoming coach. Don't gamble on one player to get the job done or you'll lose. Particulary if you're putting all your stock in Sheffield. I sure hope for the team's sake he gets his act together. It won't matter how much talent Beech has at that point. You'll see a team fold flat and fast. To succeed, you utilize ALL your talent, not one or two. That seems to have been Beech's achilles' heel for defeat over the past few years. Morale is another factor that needs to be addressed. You're looking at a senior class that's now going on their 3rd head coach since their freshman year. I wish the best for the incoming coach, but he's got his work cut out. B)