Unaka vs Pickett County

RangerCountry

Unaka didn't come back as much as Pickett blew it with turnovers and missed layups. Pickett had a 29-15 lead late in the 3rd and began playing very poorly. Unaka had a three pointer in the stretch, but it was Pickett walks, bad passes, and other turnovers which helped Unaka come back. As poorly as Pickett played, Unaka was even worse. Their center had to have missed a half dozen tip ins or layups. How did they ever win the state last year? This should have been another Pickett blow out like last year, but 13 turnovers and about 7 missed layups cost the Bobcats. Unaka's only leads were at 1-0 and 5-4, and most of the game they were down by 10-14 points. This was Pickett's 2nd poor game in a row.

Quoting bobcatfan300:

"Unaka didn't come back as much as Pickett blew it with turnovers and missed layups. Pickett had a 29-15 lead late in the 3rd and began playing very poorly. Unaka had a three pointer in the stretch, but it was Pickett walks, bad passes, and other turnovers which helped Unaka come back. As poorly as Pickett played, Unaka was even worse. Their center had to have missed a half dozen tip ins or layups. How did they ever win the state last year? This should have been another Pickett blow out like last year, but 13 turnovers and about 7 missed layups cost the Bobcats. Unaka's only leads were at 1-0 and 5-4, and most of the game they were down by 10-14 points. This was Pickett's 2nd poor game in a row."

Not that it matters but there were some graduations from Unaka last season; three starters are gone. But, if I have this right; the only way Pickett County loses is if Pickett County plays poorly. Unaka's defense and perseverance had nothing to do with the bad passes and walks? Were all of Unaka's bad passes and traveling turnovers due to Unaka just "playing poorly".... or more logically, because Pickett County was playing very good defense? Is it possible that a player might just throw a bad pass or walk due to defensive pressure from the OTHER team?

The Rangers actually trailed Cosby by 14 in the second half of their sub-state game.... on their way to the Title. However Cosby just started playing POORLY; then suddenly the Rangers were declared State Champs. So that's how it's done? :blink:

Quoting bobcatfan300:

"Unaka didn't come back as much as Pickett blew it with turnovers and missed layups. Pickett had a 29-15 lead late in the 3rd and began playing very poorly. Unaka had a three pointer in the stretch, but it was Pickett walks, bad passes, and other turnovers which helped Unaka come back. As poorly as Pickett played, Unaka was even worse. Their center had to have missed a half dozen tip ins or layups. How did they ever win the state last year? This should have been another Pickett blow out like last year, but 13 turnovers and about 7 missed layups cost the Bobcats. Unaka's only leads were at 1-0 and 5-4, and most of the game they were down by 10-14 points. This was Pickett's 2nd poor game in a row."

Not that it matters but there were some graduations from Unaka last season; three starters are gone.  But, if I have this right; the only way Pickett County loses is if Pickett County plays poorly.  Unaka's defense and perseverance had nothing to do with the bad passes and walks?  Were all of Unaka's bad passes and traveling turnovers due to Unaka just "playing poorly".... or more logically, because Pickett County was playing very good defense?  Is it possible that a player might just throw a bad pass or walk due to defensive pressure from the OTHER team? 

The Rangers actually trailed Cosby by 14 in the second half of their sub-state game.... on their way to the Title.  However Cosby just started playing POORLY; then suddenly the Rangers were declared State Champs.  So that's how it's done?  :blink:

825454839[/snapback]

Probably a combination of both, but lets not take anything away from these kids that are playing the game, they are all trying there very best. Unaka is the defending state champions, the rest of us are just trying to get there! thumb

ranger you better watch your mouth about who "$ucks". Oneida is a much improved team this year. We were scared last year when we played Cosby and they killed us. Oneida could beat some teams this year. You all did a lot of talking in football and look where it got you, but you are a much better basketball team than football team. Unaka is good as is Pickett and Cosby, and Oneida might be able to get into that level this year.

Edited by sportsdude20