Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

come on gbt57 open your eyes it is usually so easy to see who people are i mean i  am pretty sure justin groves 03 is oo wait that one is easy and kyle gainous well that is oo that is easy too nah i am playing with ya if you are coming to the boro friday with groves yall should give me call and we can "talk strategy" for the game haha see yall at the game atleast and be careful on here sometimes the Greenbrier faithful will get mad at ya and HUNT you down or atleast thats what they did to me

825465017[/snapback]

haha, Ill see ya there man Ill get your number from Groves. At least we can talk on the phone and not get called down for givin away secrets... whatever they may be.... :lol:

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mani t is cold outside! I just got back inside from painting my car with a bunch of friends. That just got us even more excited for the game! Can you believe no store around here has green window paint...had to settle for just white. Just goes to show how much paint we use up around here. Well, this will probably be my last good luck before the game on Saturday so GOOD LUCK BOBCATS! Roger,Jacob, Cam, Daniel, Pigg, Stew-baby, and especially Dustin Cole....I LOVE YA"LL! Git-r-dun and bring home the GOLD ball!!! thumb

This is just one of the benefits of living in a small community. Thanks to the Times for such a good sports section for the Bobcats this week.

825465060[/snapback]

That's the only sports that's "happening" right now in Robertson County ('cept a little basketball). In fact, we're the last ones standing in several northern TN counties. Let's make it count!

One more thing, I believe Greenbrier is the best conditioned team in the state. You had better be ready to play 48 minutes. And the defense is too well-coached to let one or two athletes beat them, and by this I mean they need to have a well-schemed gameplan to beat us. Just giving the ball to someone and watching him run will not win this game. This may seem obvious to Greenbrier fans, but all everyone seems to talk about is speed. Speed alone will not beat this team. (Not saying that Fulton won't have a good gameplan). And I still agree

with Bobcat 51, THE TEAM WITH THE MOST HEART WILL WIN!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!

BRING IT HOME GREENBRIER!!! SENIORS, GO OUT WITH A BANG!!

Chrisburr said Greenbrier would lose to JSS and if by some chance Greenbrier did make it to the state championship game that Fulton would score on will and Greenbrier would never see the endzone and I honestly fell out in the floor laughing at his comments and I responded I would love to see Greenbrier vs. Fulton in the state championship and well a few weeks later and here we are Greenbrier vs. Fulton and he has nothing to say about his beloved Fulton Falcons maybe it will be another 6 OT game he was predicting in the 3rd round of the playoff's and this is the first time I looked at the CoachT threads and there wasn't 4 new pages thanks for slowing it down a little it was beggining to be hard to keep up

825464892[/snapback]

Maybe he is at a lost for words? After making such a prediction you would think that he would come defend it. I think he is scared his beloved Falcons may lose.

This board is not about ACT's but since you brought it up, I'm pretty aware of what some of the Cats are doing in the classroom standards.  I know just off the top of my head three of the Cats on the football team that have STRAIGHT A's and have for YEARS.  Their ACT's are high too...and that's only mentioning a few, and the Greenbrier students that are ON the team.  I read on the "Welcome Back Fulton" post that they start high school with about 300 kids in a class and walk out with 100---so let's NOT compare academics.

825464245[/snapback]

That has nothing to do with academics, it has to do with the lack of motivation in this area. They're very capable of doing well, but don't have the motivation to do so. The point of that thread was to bring light to the ones who have stayed in school, and done well. If you wanna get at Mav for something he said, then do that. But know that he is not from Fulton, he's from AC, so we have nothing to do with him. Why don't you talk about FOOTBALL instead of trying to insult some kids who are just out here trying to do something with their life....step 1....football. You're incredibly ignorant.

A little note for Fox 17/UPN 30 for the Greenbrier fans:

I had a call from Murphy Fair today concerning the broadcast of Saturday's game.  Murphy is helping some in the broadcast and had heard about the highlight video from Greenbrier's team back when they were 11 and 12 years old.  They want to use some of it during the game.  I'm going to get a copy of it to them tonight so they can use a few clips of it during the broadcast.  Hopefully the video will be in good enough shape that it will be viewable.  It's neat to see these guys in little, miniature versions.

825464652[/snapback]

That is really neat. I look forward to seeing the taped version when I get home after the game.

Good article in the Tennessean this morning:

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...=y&storyid=8838

This group deserves nothing less than a championship.

Finish what you started.............

So somebody that is, in the know, tell me if it's correct that Fulton had 6 plays last Friday in the first half.

I'm pretty sure that stat is wrong, I think they punted 3 or 4 times. It's probably more likely they had only six yards rushing to SC's 40 in the first half. The total yards in the first half were SC 168 and Fulton 116 and they both had over 100 yds passing.

I'll have to agree with oldsc7 about one thing, if SC had Fulton's WR E.Dish (don't know his name) they would be playing in the Boro this week, even with all their turnovers. thumb

825461832[/snapback]

E. Bishop is a transfer from Austin East. He left AE this year due to a rift between him and the Basketball coach. He practiced this spring with AE and was doing well. AE was ranked #1 all year without him. It wouldn't have been fair with him!

I've seen Fulton on film and Greenbrier in person. It will be defensive game. One big play or one turnover will decide it. If Fulton is penalized alot, which seems to be one of their few weaknesses, Greenbrier will win because I'm not there to get stupid penalties :rolleyes: But really, both teams can run, both teams can pass (Fulton does have awesome recievers) but neither team has seen a defense like the ones they will face Saturday. I believe (but I'm biased) that Greenbrier will win on a big defensive stop or big defensive turnover. That is the least opinuated post I can write. I do not believe Fulton has seen a defensive backfield like GB. Good luck to both, but I think Greenbrier will win it in a close one because of PENALTIES and TURNOVERS. Remember I am biased.

GOOD LUCK AND BRING IT HOME GREENBRIER!!!!

825464970[/snapback]

You must not have seen any film on Austin East. I think many secondaries can play Fulton's WR. Tip toe vs AE has not done anything. Only one player has made plays against AE DB's for Fulton...E. Bishop who played with them all of his high school career except this year. Once again this is no hating but I don't think Fulton passing game is that scary. Last years QB-WR's were much better. The QB is good but young. He does throw the ball up for grabs. (Your DB's just have to go up and get it vs. Bishop. Bishop was taught how to time his jump and root you out by his old coach at AE. He told him to use his frame in a jump ball situation. (Watch out for that)) The QB can get rattled. #8 Tip Toe is very good after the catch but can be covered. Bishop can sometime press if things are not going his way. Fulton also has a backup QB who actually throw the ball better.So don't complacent if the starter goes out. They are like UT in that they can go with which ever one is hot. But their starter is doing the right things at the right time. If he doesn't try to do to much and they can establish a running game Fulton should do well. But if they don't establish a running game and have to throw it up for grabs then Greenbriar will have a good chance to win. The reason they beat AE this year is they was able to establish the running game early. At half time the coaches must have figured it out because they stuffed them. But by then their linebackers were so concern about the runnning game that they didn't get good drops and read keys for screens and draws. Ae front is so good about making plays and McAllister is so good that your running game is usually stopped. But Fulton brougth it to them. So give Fulton's young O-line credit for that and their coaches.