Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3sports Fulton is very beatable if your team takes advantage of their opportunities. If not then their athletes will take the game over. That's the way it went against SC. And believe me when I say that SC was very much in the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. But a receiver dropped a pass at the goal line that could have tied it up at 14 all provided SC converts the 2 pt con. And you can say that greenbrier is not SC true but they would have give your team a run for their money if not beat them. SC shut the run down and Fulton had to start passing to pull ahead and eventually win. SC's defense was one of the best against the run that I've seen at the hs level. Good Luck sat.

825466386[/snapback]

Good post! Information that is pertinent to the thread and told with good sense! Your exactly right, SC is not Greenbrier. They had a great season, and if a couple of breaks had of went their way, they would be in the final. The point to reiterate is that the team that wins will have to effectively contain both facets of the oppositions game (pass and run), and thats a tall order for both sides. Then the other factors like special teams, kicking game, weather, all make it a waste of time to keep predicting a winner. Heart, desire, commitment, and determination will be needed in large amounts. May the better team win! And for my part, I hope it is the GREENBRIER BOBCATS!!!!!! thumb

Greenbrier's center is 5'11 175 and he is going to have to go against Antonio Hamilton who is 300 lbs and runs 4.5 40 There is no way that little guy is gonna keep him from the back feild...... THANX

825465884[/snapback]

I hope you are right...but I still think it will be a terrific and close game. We may dominate in that area, but to win the State, we must dominate in most phases of the game.

Get you another ring, Falcons!!!!

Greenbrier MUST come in positive, focused and FIRED up. They MUST play smart ball and minimize, or eliminate any penalties or mistakes. They MUST pressure, wrap up and put a helmet on somebody---EVERY PLAY. This will be the most widely-exposed and watched 48 minutes of some of these players lives. Greenbrier MUST remain calm, cool and collected and just go in there and TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. We've been waiting on you guys for years---just go out there and play GREENBRIER FOOTBALL!

Antwan- Thanks for giving credit where credit is due. I think the Greenbrier fans give you a hard time, because you tell them what they dont want to hear...especially since your team just faced us. You confirm their greatest fears!!!

This will probably be my last post, b/c my home computer crashed on Wednesday(Word to the wise: Dont let your 4 year old play memory games on your PC).

Hope everyone has a safe trip to the 'Boro, Good luck to all and Bring Home the Gold, Falcons!!! It is truly a great time to be a high school football fan!!!

So Antwan...the FIVE turnovers your team had never figured in any way to your loss...it was just those "athletes"....turnovers meant nothing?????????....hmmmm they must play football different there

825466351[/snapback]

Sure...the turnovers were a big factor...especially the ones in the 1st quarter. In the 1st quarter...we had about 100 yards...and Fulton had minus yardage. IF we had scored...it may have been a different outcome. The 1st interception was slightly underthrown and the db closed and went up and got it. A couple of more feet and it could have been a td for us. The bottom line is you have to make plays against Fulton. You need to get out fast because they have that big play potential.

Obviously, Fulton was the better team last Friday night, but they werent 27 points better, you take away some of the turnovers and it could be a different ballgame. But I think the turning point of the game was late in the 3rd quarter SC went for it on fourth down with the score 14-6 and #10 for SC dropped the pass that would have been a TD! Then Fulton got a couple of late scores to make it look like a blowout when it was nothing like that!

Greenbrier's center is 5'11 175 and he is going to have to go against Antonio Hamilton who is 300 lbs and runs 4.5 40 There is no way that little guy is gonna keep him from the back feild...... THANX

825465884[/snapback]

how do you know he has kept everyone else out and that little guy is one of the best linemen we got and he is more than 175 and if you look at the rosters they are incorrect they got me at 5'7 and i'm about 5'10

I don't think you helped them for OUR offense.  I don't think my QB will be there unless he is in the stands.  :blink:  We got some pressure on the QB but he got rid of the ball quickly.  I stand by the statement that they have a better offense than White HouseWhite House (although very good) just didn't have the athletes at receiver that Fulton does.  It isn't close.  Maybe they will have an off day...or turn the ball over.  In the 2nd half of our game...they were difficult to defend.  You have to take advantage of opportunities against them.  We didn't do that.  Maybe Greenbrier can.  If Greenbrier doesn't throw effectively...I don't see them running over Fulton.

825466173[/snapback]

All of you people should take a hard look at your posts before you enter them. It is hard to say White House did not have athletes when most of you probably never saw us play. While being in 4-A with a 3-A student body and making it to the semi-finals against a very ATHLETIC team in Melrose, all you 3-A teams should be thankful White House was not in this classification. If they had of been: White House: 2005 3-A State Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT BECAUSE OF TSSAA WE WILL NEVER KNOW THIS OUTCOME. If all of you want to see what athletism is at a higher level watch the 4&5-A games, then you will realize what kind of team White House had this year. IF you do not believe this post, jump on up to the higher classifications and find out yourselves. There are no easy weeks when you play at these levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!

All of you people should take a hard look at your posts before you enter them.  It is hard to say White House did not have athletes when most of you probably never saw us play.  While being in 4-A with a 3-A student body and making it to the semi-finals against a very ATHLETIC team in Melrose, all you 3-A teams should be thankful White House was not in this classification.  If they had of been:  White House: 2005 3-A State Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT BECAUSE OF TSSAA WE WILL NEVER KNOW THIS OUTCOME.  If all of you want to see what athletism is at a higher level watch the 4&5-A games, then you will realize what kind of team White House had this year. IF you do not believe this post, jump on up to the higher classifications and find out yourselves.  There are no easy weeks when you play at these levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!

825466569[/snapback]

sure you had a good team but come on 2005 3a state champs no reason to take it that far and i would put the winner of 3a against the winner of 4a anyday there aint no easy week at anylevel when you got the same size schools playing each other dont complain to us just settle it on the field next year when you are 3a and we will se if you are the state champs