Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

sure you had a good team but come on 2005 3a state champs no reason to take it that far and i would put the winner of 3a against the winner of 4a anyday there aint no easy week at anylevel when you got the same size schools playing each other dont complain to us just settle it on the field next year when you are 3a and we will se if you are the state champs

825466576[/snapback]

the whhs football team seniors have played together for years and were assembled from a 4a size student body at a time when the entire town of white house attended whhs. now that the town has been divided into two separate school systems the student body at whhs is of course smaller but at the time the graduating seniors came together the student body was definitely 4a size. after redistricting, the students who were already enrolled at whhs were given the choice to stay at whhs or go to the new school, if they were zoned for it, and with no exception the group who are seniors this year opted to stay. they were a 4a team, played like a 4a team, looked like a 4a team, and did very well in the 4a program but were beaten by a better 4a team in memphis last week and have nothing to be ashamed of. obviously they would probably have been playing for the 3a championship tomorrow if they had competed this year against 3a teams. that is because THEY WERE A 4A TEAM! so get over it!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure you had a good team but come on 2005 3a state champs no reason to take it that far and i would put the winner of 3a against the winner of 4a anyday there aint no easy week at anylevel when you got the same size schools playing each other dont complain to us just settle it on the field next year when you are 3a and we will se if you are the state champs

825466576[/snapback]

No complaining here. The post statad White House did not have the athletes. Just stating some facts that some of you know nothing about. Maybe not a good statement on 3-A state champs, but Greenbrier is in the finals and the game with the blue devils was not even as close as the score. You are dreaming about a 3-A/4-A match-up. Would not be a contest, too much SPEED at every position. As far as next season, it will be hard to compare since most schools in the region lose a large number of seniors. But reegardless, WE WILL BE PACKED AND READY WHEN THE 2005 SEASON BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whhs football team seniors have played together for years and were assembled from a 4a size student body at a time when the entire town of white house attended whhs. now that the town has been divided into two separate school systems the student body at whhs is of course smaller but at the time the graduating seniors came together the student body was definitely 4a size. after redistricting, the students who were already enrolled at whhs were given the choice to stay at whhs or go to the new school, if they were zoned for it, and with no exception the group who are seniors this year opted to stay. they were a 4a team, played like a 4a team, looked like a 4a team, and did very well in the 4a program but were beaten by a better 4a team in memphis last week and have nothing to be ashamed of.  obviously they would  probably have been playing for the 3a championship tomorrow if they had competed this year against 3a teams. that is because  THEY WERE A 4A TEAM! so get over it!

825466599[/snapback]

Yes four years ago the enrollment at white house was to the 4-A level, one year after that alignment took place, because of the split, the enrollment was the same as Sycamore(805), a 3-A school. Maybe this was a fact you were not aware of. Needless to say we are not down about our loss last week. It was a great run by such a great group of young MEN. They will be forever remembered for their accomplishments during the 2004 season. To look at the number of players on this team as a result of the split, only 5 to 6 players actually still live in robertson county. Again, the post was started as a result of others bad mouthing our athletes or our lack of any. No reason to get over anything, we are proud of what we accomplished and the wins over some VERY talented teams, including GREENBRIER.

So on a positive note to end this post: GREENBRIER, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW White House is with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well......msmoker21...I want to confirm your worse fear.....AND that is Greenbrier will not fear you in the least...respect..yes...but no fear......you may win ....but it will be against a total TEAM.

If anyone has the answer for Fulton, it is going to be Greenbrier!!!! A true total team package.....try keying on one player and someone else is going to hurt you.

Antwan can compare SC to Greenbrier all he wants....but I sure don't remember his team playing them.

If your team is as good as you all predict...then how about cancelling the 4a game and giving the Gold Ball to Fulton as well.

Edited by bulldog69

HA! HA! HA!  What a funny post.  If A/E and Fulton are supposed to be that talented with athletes, how do expect to win when you can't beat such a non-athletic team as White House?

825466758[/snapback]

I guess you expect me to feed in to that post! Where is White House these days...OH YEAH, AT THE HOUSE!!!!

The only thing going on at White House these day, is the Bush daughters in daddy's liquor cabinet. Give it up, and join your ball team on the B-Ball court!!!

Well......msmoker21...I want to confirm your worse fear.....AND that is Greenbrier will not fear you in the least...respect..yes...but no fear......you may win ....but it will be against a total TEAM.

If anyone has the answer for Fulton, it is going to be Greenbrier!!!! A true total team package.....try keying on one player and someone else is going to hurt you.

Antwan can compare SC to Greenbrier all he wants....but I sure don't remember his team playing them.

If your team is as good as you all predict...then how about cancelling the 4a game and giving the Gold Ball  to Fulton as well.

825466766[/snapback]

Sorry, but your martyrdom will not help Greenbrier win on Saturday!!!

"Let's not even play...let's just give them the gold ball." All you Middle TN fans play the loser/martyr role very well...it comes natural to you guys...Must be all the years of watching MTSU, AP, TSU and Vandy!!!!!

Where is Page playing this weekend...OH YEAH, the Sandlot!!!

And to whoever posted the nonsense about Bailing Hay and Tobacco fields...that is no predictor to who will win the game tomorrow. There are probably less than 1% of the players that make it to the NFL that Bailed Hay or work with tobacco when they were in High School. There is NO positive correlation between success in football and farm life!!! There may, however, be a correlation between those jobs and going on to illustrious career as the Janitor at the Piggly Wiggly!

I've already said more than once (and so has alot of other Fulton folks) we're not taking Greenbrier lightly. We know they're a good team or they wouldn't be playing tomorrow. No one from Fulton has said we're the greatest thing since sliced bread, but other folks sure have made it sound like that. We're very proud of our team. They've worked hard to get here. They've taken one game at a time and continue to do that. No one is looking past tomorrow though. I personally hope this is the best game all year. Both teams are very deserving of the opportunity to play for the championship. Best of luck to both teams.

Bailing hay and working tobacco doesn't have any correlation to playing football but believe me when I say that the boys that have do these types of things are strong and physical. They are not wimps, and they holding a player at the line may come a little easier for someone who has built that upper body strength than you think.