2A Gold Ball

$guy$

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a couple of guys post that Alcoa can play doesn't mean everybody on this end of the state thinks Alcoa has it wrapped up.  I'm sure Alcoa is well aware of what you guys did to Lipscomb in last years championship game.  Alcoa is a good football team.  They wouldn't be playing for a gold ball if they weren't.  But I'm sure Huntingdon is a very good team also.  I'm looking forward to a showdown in Murfreesboro next Friday!  Congratulations to both teams for making it this far.

If I could ask you Huntingdon guys a favor, last week's thread with DL got down right ridiculous.  Three threads were locked because people wanted to talk smack.  I was disappointed in fans for both teams.  Let's please keep it civil and try to go the whole week without getting one locked.

825454744[/snapback]

I agree, the Milan/Huntingdon had its share of smacktalking last week. All it does is get the fans riled up, the players are already ready to play. I'm sure Alcoa has a good team or else they wouldn't be playing next week. Huntingdon's defense has really peaked during the post season. It should be a great game Friday. Hope everyone has a safe trip and I'll see you in the Boro.

Here in West Tennessee we all knew coming into the season that Alcoa would be a top tier team. Is it true that Alcoa only has 3 seniors? Earlier in the year when Huntingdon defeated Lexington we began to feel too secure. A couple of losses to Westview and Milan exposed our weaknesses. It was another good job of coaching and welding the team into a unit that got Huntingdon back to M'Boro. Putting tennis shoes on the Mustangs is like pouring gasoline on a fire. Lots of team speed and Huntingdon has always played tough hard nosed football. Unlike last year you could see Huntingdon throw if they need to. If Alcoa is favored I believe the Mustangs will show up. Good luck to both teams and may the game be injury free.... :blink:

Is it true that Alcoa only has 3 seniors?

Alcoa has two seniors that are starters. Dante Lewis #33, starts at MLB. Richeon Bell #20, starts at Corner. No senior starters on offense but Bell plays some at receiver. The third senior, Lee Hill, is a first year football player that hasn't gotten alot of playing time but has earned alot of respect by sticking with it when he knows there isn't going to be alot of playing time. Props to Lee!

I think Alcoa will take it by a considerable number after the Lipscomb game.  Huntington didn't prove to me they could beat Alcoa with a 12 to 7 win over Milan.  I'll say Alcoa 35 Huntington 14 like the Lipscomb game

825454463[/snapback]

.....alcoa will be champs so get ready!

825454531[/snapback]

i say the tornadoes by as many as they want to put on the old scoreboard.

they are the real deal... they truly dominate both sides of the ball.

alcoa-35 or more

mustangs-7 maybe

nothing against huntingdon it's just that alcoa is that good and it's the way i see it.

that's why they play the game.. good luck to both teams. thumb

825454598[/snapback]

believe what your reading Alcoa is the best team in 2A and would dominate 3A also.

Aloca by 28

825454604[/snapback]

It's like deja vu all over again.

Huntingdon will not be the best defense Alcoa has faced this year. I know that for a fact.

825455062[/snapback]

oh really???...and who would that be then?...Maryville??...Gerry have you seen H=towns defense recently???... so what's the basis of your opinion?...this mustang defense could give Maryville a run for its money cause they have tightened up and they are the real deal.