Maryville/Tn High

Rebel Nation

Well by watching earlier games, I thought it was a good idea. I had trouble following the ball and it looked difficult to execute much less to perform as they did this season with it.

They tried shotgun against South but when they couldn't complete a 5 yard pass to Whitten, I said to myself that they would be back in the wing t by halftime or they're going to lose.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many people don't challenge Stubbs because with Stubbs THS has had there best records in a long time.

I would love for Tennessee High to face DB or Gate City. It's always fun to play the Virginia schools.

825454461[/snapback]

I agree that Coach Stubbs has been very good for THS football. But I disagree with playing VA schools. Va High is already one Va. team too many. I know its tradition, but they are only the equivalent of 2A. I think we should be playing Mo West. And I wish there was a way we could alternate Science Hill and DB (such as one this year and the other the next). Or how about this schedule:

Mo. West

Elizabethton

Science Hill

Sullivan North

Dobyns Bennet

Unicoi County

Sullivan South

Sullivan Central

Johnson County

Sullivan East

Tell me what you think??? Tough, Huh?

Ehhh...what did powell valley do for you? Hey, schedule Campbell Co.  I think their gonna be good for some time....if they keep that defensive coordinator.

825454471[/snapback]

There's no way they(THS) will be as good as they were this year. Shaw and Bell will be back but thats about it.

And in the MLC conference they replaced a bad team with another bad team, meaning they booted Boone for North.

I predict they will be about 8-2 next year.

Well, I'm out. It's getting kinda late.

I agree that Coach Stubbs has been very good for THS football.  But I disagree with playing VA schools.  Va High is already one Va. team too many.  I know its tradition, but they are only the equivalent of 2A.  I think we should be playing Mo West. And I wish there was a way we could alternate Science Hill and DB (such as one this year and the other the next). Or how about this schedule:

Mo. West

Elizabethton

Science Hill

Sullivan North

Dobyns Bennet

Unicoi County

Sullivan South

Sullivan Central

Johnson County

Sullivan East

Tell me what you think??? Tough, Huh?

825454476[/snapback]

The beginning would be tough but THS would probably sail through the rest of the games.

East will be down next year. Elizabethton and Central will be up though.

I like the addition of Science hill and DB...play your region games and load up on powershouses in the other spots... Maybe Campbell co instead of SH?

825454488[/snapback]

dmoyers1, Science Hill is not an addition... they're traditionally on our schedule, usually week 3 or 4.

Congrats to a very good Maryville team, you were all you were billed to be! Good luck against Melrose in the championship game.

Vikings we missed your bounce tonight, but will always be thankful for the fine season you produced.

It pains me to say this, but your not gonna' find any quality teams in upper east tn. If you want to improve your schedule your going to have to travel to Knoxville and behond. I think the game with Maryville spells it out pretty clearly. There really is that much difference. I remember the East fans talking about taking on Maryville about a week before their game with Tn. High. Could you imagine the score if that game had taken place. Even DB, (who most people consider to be the best team in upper east tn.) will probably never make it past the simi's.