Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am glad someone sees what i am talking about, if your defense sticks their jobs huntingdon will get shut down. alcoa is a well coached team and will have a greta gameplan as well will Huntingdon, It will be a close game and wont be a blowout but Alcoa wins in the end.

825461212[/snapback]

Look guys, one thing you are forgetting about with Weathers. Not only is he lightning fast, but he can break tackles. Both times I saw HHS vs. Camden, our poor linebackers would put a good lick on him and wrap up, and BAM, he breaks out and rolls on. He didn't get 2,300 yards by running around everyone. Yeah, if he might now run you over, but good luck keeping your grip on him, he's made of water or something, because you gotta hve 2 or 3 people on him to completely insure a tackle. The most impressive thing about Weathers is his yards per touch. He's averaging over 11 yards per carry. Give him the ball, and more often than not, you get a first down. First downs turn into touchdowns. You gotta give this kid credit. He's 5'7" 145! Miss him, say bye bye! I don't care if you got Deon Sanders in the secondary, of Boo gets a corner, he's gone! If you get into a 4-4 defense and blitz the corners, he'll just cut it up inside. Believe it or not he can run between the tackles. Alcoa, have fun! Oh, and watch out for the little delay trap. It's a killer!

And for that guy who said Chris Donald is slow, hahhahahahahahahahaha. He's fast. He just doesn't juke, he runs you over.

I doubt if this is true but it came across on a statewide radio broadcast from the awards ceremonies on Monday that the Alcoa coaches had suits on but were wearing sandals and the players had suits on but were barefooted.  On the six o'clock news they didn't show anybody's feet.  Was anybody there that can verify this story?.... thumb

825462325[/snapback]

I think they are trying to say that beating the STANGS will be like a day at the beach.

Guest catfish-hunter
West Tn football is WEAK! Get ready for the tornadoes this week boys because you will see a team you have never seen before and they will be walking off with that ball high above their heads. Go Alcoa

Prediction

AHS:34

HHS:21

825461679[/snapback]

Hey paintc, this is by far the dumbest post I have ever read on CoachT. West-TN has the best 2A teams in this state and for an east-TN football fan, coach, or player to call the 2A teams out west "WEAK" is a joke. When I think of the good teams in east-TN 2A football, there are only two that come to mind (they are Alcoa and Tyner). Everybody else is pathetic and that my friend is a fact. Look at the teams in west-TN 2A football fellas:

1.) Huntingdon- soon will be back-to-back champions and may be the favorite for a three-peat in '05.

2.) Milan- four time state champs consider the semifinals to be a down year

3.) Westview- went 9-3 this season and will be just as good in '05

4.) Camden- the only team to beat these guys was Huntingdon, everybody else they played got killed.

5.) GW Carver- the only team to beat these guys the past two years is Milan

6.) Mitchell- they have enough talent to beat anybody in the state, period.

7.) McKenzie- the Rebels probably have the most potent offensive attack in 2A with a quarterback who will soon be playing in the SEC.

Any of these seven teams have the potential to beat Alcoa or Tyner on any given night. The sad part is that those are the only two teams in 2A that east-TN should mention. Teams like Sweetwater and Oliver Springs are a JOKE!!!!

The only thing I heard that the Huntingdon players did was give a little stare down to the Tornadoes that attended the ceremony while they were taking a picture, and that's coming from two players that were there.

825462256[/snapback]

It probably wasn't a stare down but a stare up because the Huntingdon players are tiny compared to the Mighty Tornadoes..

I don't think there is one in the Boro, but there is one on the way off the Harding Road exit. Thats what somebody told me anyway....... <_<

825462438[/snapback]

Mustang69.. They know you on a first name basis there.. :P As for me and my family we plan to go to Krystal after the game and get about 6 dozen and take two dozen home and freeze them till later. No sense to make a trip to the Boro and not go by and get a sackfull..

Edited by Blue Eyes

Huntingdon by 8. 

By the way, where is Hooter's at in the boro?  Since we are going to a big city might as well get all we can out of the trip.  :lol:

825462431[/snapback]

There is a Hooter's here in the 'Boro. If you are getting off on the first exit(78B). WHen you see the signs for Highway 70 take a left onto N70 and it will be on the right about a mile down the road.

Edited by m.b.r.b.

Mustang69..  They know you on a first name basis there.. :lol:  As for me and my family we plan to go to Krystal after the game and get about 6 dozen and take two dozen home and freeze them till later.  No sense to make a trip to the Boro and not go by and get a sackfull..

825462473[/snapback]

I see a trip to Chucky Cheeses in my future......

Look guys, one thing you are forgetting about with Weathers. Not only is he lightning fast, but he can break tackles. Both times I saw HHS vs. Camden, our poor linebackers would put a good lick on him and wrap up, and BAM, he breaks out and rolls on. He didn't get 2,300 yards by running around everyone. Yeah, if he might now run you over, but good luck keeping your grip on him, he's made of water or something, because you gotta hve 2 or 3 people on him to completely insure a tackle. The most impressive thing about Weathers is his yards per touch. He's averaging over 11 yards per carry. Give him the ball, and more often than not, you get a first down. First downs turn into touchdowns. You gotta give this kid credit. He's 5'7" 145! Miss him, say bye bye! I don't care if you got Deon Sanders in the secondary, of Boo gets a corner, he's gone! If you get into a 4-4 defense and blitz the corners, he'll just cut it up inside. Believe it or not he can run between the tackles. Alcoa, have fun! Oh, and watch out for the little delay trap. It's a killer!

And for that guy who said Chris Donald is slow, hahhahahahahahahahaha. He's fast. He just doesn't juke, he runs you over.

825462442[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA, that was a very funny post. I think Weathers will run over Brandon Warren easily, I think Ohio St. is just playing a joke on him by sending him letters every week, they shouldn't even recruit him at DE. I know Dustin Lindsey will probably just start running back to Alcoa once he sees that huge 5'7 Weathers running strait at him, USC is just pulling a prank on him too :lol:. But I agree with you, when he runs that trap up the middle the puny 6-2, 330 lb. Martin White will probably just lay down on the ground and let him run on through, and the 6-4, 225 lb Rae Sykes will not even bother walking on the field, I mean none of these players could stop another Mr. Football canidate Lipscomb had last week, could they???? I'm expecting Weathers to literally leave a fire trail behind him and all the Alcoa defense faceplanted on the ground! By the way, Chris Donald will not run over a single player from Alcoa.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, that was a very funny post.  I think Weathers will run over Brandon Warren easily, I think Ohio St. is just playing a joke on him by sending him letters every week, they shouldn't even recruit him at DE.  I know Dustin Lindsey will probably just start running back to Alcoa once he sees that huge 5'7 Weathers running strait at him, USC is just pulling a prank on him too  :lol:.  But I agree with you, when he runs that trap up the middle the puny 6-2, 330 lb. Martin White will probably just lay down on the ground and let him run on through, and the 6-4, 225 lb Rae Sykes will not even bother walking on the field, I mean none of these players could stop another Mr. Football canidate Lipscomb had last week, could they???? I'm expecting Weathers to literally leave a fire trail behind him and all the Alcoa defense faceplanted on the ground!  By the way, Chris Donald will not run over a single player from Alcoa.

825462660[/snapback]

Hold on Hold on Hold on now... You just totally disrespected what I consider to be two good football players. Boo Weathers isn't that big, but he is fast and persistent. Just because you have a few big boys doesn't mean he won't show up to play. He has faced his share of big boys this year and look at his yardage. He is a dominant runner because even if you do hit him, he's still going to be trying for that extra 2-3 yards. That is a kid I would take on my team ANY DAY. And about Chris Donald... You think he's a little wimp as well Im assuming? You're WRONG! He is a BEAST! If you aren't at the game, Watch the film... and look at your Alcoa boys getting run over by a sophmore.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, that was a very funny post.  I think Weathers will run over Brandon Warren easily, I think Ohio St. is just playing a joke on him by sending him letters every week, they shouldn't even recruit him at DE.  I know Dustin Lindsey will probably just start running back to Alcoa once he sees that huge 5'7 Weathers running strait at him, USC is just pulling a prank on him too  :lol:.  But I agree with you, when he runs that trap up the middle the puny 6-2, 330 lb. Martin White will probably just lay down on the ground and let him run on through, and the 6-4, 225 lb Rae Sykes will not even bother walking on the field, I mean none of these players could stop another Mr. Football canidate Lipscomb had last week, could they???? I'm expecting Weathers to literally leave a fire trail behind him and all the Alcoa defense faceplanted on the ground!  By the way, Chris Donald will not run over a single player from Alcoa.

825462660[/snapback]

Nobody said anything about Boo running over anybody. They just said he's hard to get down and the first man rarely ever does. All those big young'uns you listed are bound to be good players but give a little respect to a 5'7 kid who only weighs 145 but managed to put up the kind of numbers Boo did this year. I don't care who you support but to do that at that size is pretty darn impressive. I said earlier and I'll say it again, pound for pound he's the best player in West Tn.