Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

The better team lost.

825461319[/snapback]

Just your opinion. My opinion is that the better team won when it mattered.

As far as this week goes, I am looking for a much more physical game than the championship game last year. From what I have heard, Alcoa has several athletes with speed. Probably the biggest difference in the game last year was the difference in speed between the two teams. I don't know how other teams have matched up with Alcoa on speed this year but I am confident that Huntingdon can match them with speed. This game will come down to execution on each play. Both teams have the ability that if a team or player takes a play off the other team can score quickly.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon throws when they want to, you don't dictate that to them.

Since the Martin game in 97 I don't think i've witnessed a more methodical drive in high school football. And the best part, beating milan on Johnny heck field by 5 points.  thumb

825461493[/snapback]

Good post.

One thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand and that is Huntingdon fan's included at times. You don't have to win by 30 to get the W, all it takes is one point.

I believe Alcoa will have several motion penalties in this game, and will have a very hard time with audibles.  I mean,  with all the duck calls and milk jugs from the mustang side, how are the tornado lineman going to be able to hear the qback?

825461004[/snapback]

mustang 2, my feeling are hurt. Your didn't mention my SACRED COW BELL.ha ha. but on a more serious note there is alot of talk on here about all the running backs but I think someone from Alcoa had better start worrying about the Huntingdon line. I hope the dentist around the alcoa area are practiced up pretty good on readjusting jaw bones and teeth, win or loose. Just a thought from someone from the bigger variety of person who likes to see the line get their credit due. Go ahead Blue Eyes, I know I opened myself up on that one! :huh:

since all of the players from the west were looked over in the Mr. Football awards.Congrads to all of the West Tennessee players that went up to Nashville yesterday and came home disappointed.  This will be added fuel to the fire for the whole Mustangs team for they have all worked hard to get attention this way.  Bring Home the Gold Ball Mustang...

Call Dan at ESPN radio and tell him you want him to start a Mr. West Tennessee Award winner.  731-968-3500  All of the players in the west keep getting looked over.

825459856[/snapback]

Boo Hoo Hoo........since we didn't win, we'll just go start our own league....boo hoo!!!

Here is some first hand news from Nashville during the Mr. Football Awards Ceremonies.

This is fact and not rumor....

Alcoa had some players that were totally arrogant and obnoxious. Said some things to Huntingdon players that really got under their skin. Alcoa fans you know the players you had attending the ceremony and Huntingdon fans we know the players we had attending the ceremony........

Alcoa take your pick of the poison!!!

You got some mad STANGS on you hands!! BETTER BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

IT AINT GONNA BE PRETTY FRIDAY NIGHT!!! ;)

TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.......... BUCKLE EM UP TIGHT! :o

I will always believe in two things when it comes to football

1. If it aint broke... you aint hurt!

2. If MEDIVAC don't land on the 50 yard line.... "YOU AINT HIT NOBODY!!"

GO STANGS!!!

Edited by Reignydayz

quote=Reignydayz,Dec 1 2004 - 12:12 PM]

Here is some first hand news from Nashville during the Mr. Football Awards Ceremonies.

This is fact and not rumor....

Alcoa had some players that were totally arrogant and obnoxious. Said some things to Huntingdon players that really got under their skin. Alcoa fans you know the players you had attending the ceremony and Huntingdon fans we know the players we had attending the ceremony........

Alcoa take your pick of the poison!!!

You got some mad STANGS on you hands!! BETTER BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

IT AINT GONNA BE PRETTY FRIDAY NIGHT!!! ;)

TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.......... BUCKLE EM UP TIGHT! :o

I will always believe in two things when it comes to football

1. If it aint broke... you aint hurt!

2. If MEDIVAC don't land on the 50 yard line.... "YOU AINT HIT NOBODY!!"

GO STANGS!!!

825461742[/snapback]

First hand NEWS from where in Nashville. It is my understanding that they were totally Professional. I am sure Coach Reid drilled them before they got out there amoungst the media. What was suppose to have happened?

Here is what our Loacal N.P. had to say.

The Daily Times