Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

I am hoping someone on here can help. My good luck mojo Turners milk jug was stolen at halftime of the Milan game. It is yellow and has black magic marker writing on one side that says " We love the STANGS" and "Can't beat the Blue" on the other. I will gladly give whoever brings me back my jug a full jug of their own milk. I tried to report the incident to the Milan policemen but they said to do that I would need to step outside the gate and I didn't have another $7.00 to get back in.

Your help with this matter is greatly appreciated and no questions will be asked!!! :rolleyes:

825460932[/snapback]

Hey, i saw it!! it was five rows down from me. I started to go after it after the game and then somebody turned the lights out at the stadium. couldn't see a thing then and headed for the car.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is true that they run the sweep with "Boo" around 75% of the time, then they may be in trouble. Austin Rogers at Lipscomb was held to 6 car. for 20 yds, all were sweeps, and I'm willing to bet he gets to the outside faster than Weathers, trust me, our defense is fast and they caught Rogers fairly easy. If Donald runs up the middle than he will be quickly met by Martin White, Mark Avery, Brandon Warren, Rae Sykes, Dustin Lindsey, or Dante Lewis and I can guarantee he will not run over any of them. If Huntingdon does rely heavily on the run, then I see Alcoa winning by 2 TD's.

Listen up.. The way to beat the Mustangs is to beat them. We've been playing football in Huntingdon for over a 110 years and we've seen every defense you can imagine. All time record of 526 wins and 253 losses. I think there's only 9 or 10 teams in the state that has a better record than that. This is the modern era since 1930 this record applies to. Been there and seen that.

Edited by Blue Eyes

Gerry it's funny you say that. I was at ALCOA's practice, (at the indoors sports complex at UT on turf by the way) and they were practicing just that!!!

825460914[/snapback]

I certainly hope that is the defense that Alcoa chooses to run.

You rich mountain folks get all perks!!! Huntingdon had to drive to Jackson, TN. today to practice at a miniature golf course to get some practice on artificial turf.

We's so po here we can't even afford real sound makers we gotta stuff milk jugs wit rocks and nuts and such. And then ifn you don't keep yo eyes peeled some varmit will steal yo milk jug!!!!

Edited by mustang69

If it is true that they run the sweep with "Boo" around 75% of the time, then they may be in trouble.  Austin Rogers at Lipscomb was held to 6 car. for 20 yds, all were sweeps, and I'm willing to bet he gets to the outside faster than Weathers, trust me, our defense is fast and they caught Rogers fairly easy.  If Donald runs up the middle than he will be quickly met by Martin White, Mark Avery, Brandon Warren, Rae Sykes, Dustin Lindsey, or Dante Lewis and I can guarantee he will not run over any of them.  If Huntingdon does rely heavily on the run, then I see Alcoa winning by 2 TD's.

825460943[/snapback]

When I read this quote I smiled to myself.. :rolleyes: Heckva lot of difference between Lipscomb and Huntingdon this year and last too. Austin Rogers couldn't start for Alcoa or Huntingdon. All I can say to ya'll is sit and watch! Rogers couldn't have started for Huntingdon last year either..

Edited by Blue Eyes

Guest catfish-hunter
So you guys dont run sweeps with Boo all night, and run Donald up the middle. I think that is your offense. Boo can't run between the tackles, Donald can do it all but he is not the featured back which helps him out.

Run a 4-4 against Huntingdon, Blitz the outside LB anytime Boo is in motion and it will be successful, there is more but it would take to long to explain.

825460882[/snapback]

Bertier and I are not the best of friends on here, but I can tell you all that he has a great understanding of the game folks. When Huntingdon played Cheatham County in the second round of the playoffs the field was in awful shape from the rain that fell all week long. Because of this the Mustangs tried to line up and run the football with Chris Donald all night long. Donald impressed me with his running style (because he does run HARD) but in the end he only had a total of 54 yards rushing on 16 carries (which is only a 3ypc. average). Everytime the Cubs put Huntingdon in a third and 5+ yards situation, the Mustangs ran the "jet sweep" with Weathers. He was so fast that if he hit the corner it was going to be a big play. I am pretty darn sure that without Weathers, Huntingdon does not score a single point against Cheatham's defense. If Huntingdon is in a third down and 2 or less yards to go situation you can expect for Crocker to run the quarterback sneak on first sound. BTW, Weathers ended the game against Cheatham with 134 yards on 17 carries and scored 2TD's. The sad part about that is the fact that Cheatham did a pretty darn good job at containing Huntingdon's running game.

I was about to throw away some old newspapers today when I noticed that some of Alcoa's season statistics were in last Friday's prep preview. Here are some of their stats reported in last week's Tennessean:

Joei Fiegler- 1,389 yards passing and 17TD's/4INT's

Dustin Lindsay- 1,377 yards rushing and 38 regular season TD's

Brandon Warren- 476 recieving yards (Mr. Football Finalist)

Those are some pretty impressive stats and I read earlier that someone on here said that Huntingdon had beaten two high powered offenses on their way to this game. The thing that I find funny is the fact that the person who said this was talking about Milan and Camden. This may come as a huge suprise to you all but the best offense that Huntingdon has played in the postseason is Cheatham's offensive attack. Milan's Daylan Walker is a terrific back, but the Bulldogs passing attack was pretty suspect. Camden could make an argument because Josh and Byron Boyd may in fact be the best backfield in the entire state. If Alcoa has a high powered offensive attack, then so does Cheatham folks and here are the numbers to support my argument:

Chris Langley- 75/140 for 1,440 yards passing and 19TD's/2INT's

Landon Jones- 219 carries for 1,527 yards and 21TD's

Austin Stokes- 23 receptions for 345 yards and 5TD's

Brandon Piper- 21 receptions for 438 yards and 6TD's

Donnie Thomas- 19 receptions for 498 yards and 8TD's

I strongly felt all season long that Cheatham had the best run/pass offensive attack in all of 2A and I can tell you all that Huntingdon completely shut that offense down. If the Mustangs can shut out Cheatham, then they can definately do the same to Alcoa judging by the statistics.

Volover..  I know what you're trying to say but trust me, the championship wasn't played last week nor was it played the same week last year in Huntingdon.

825460626[/snapback]

Last years state championship was played in week 14 and everyone knows that except you. I cant believe you think Milan couldnt have whipped Lipscomb just as bad as you did. May I remind you again week 14 was a fluke? You brought it up, not me :rolleyes: This year I dont know, probably not, Alcoa seems to be good.

If it is true that they run the sweep with "Boo" around 75% of the time, then they may be in trouble.  Austin Rogers at Lipscomb was held to 6 car. for 20 yds, all were sweeps, and I'm willing to bet he gets to the outside faster than Weathers, trust me, our defense is fast and they caught Rogers fairly easy.  If Donald runs up the middle than he will be quickly met by Martin White, Mark Avery, Brandon Warren, Rae Sykes, Dustin Lindsey, or Dante Lewis and I can guarantee he will not run over any of them.  If Huntingdon does rely heavily on the run, then I see Alcoa winning by 2 TD's.

825460943[/snapback]

If you think Austin Rogers can get to the outside better than Phillip Weathers I hope that Alcoa's defense thinks the same thing. I can assure you they don't. Weathers has a hard time getting to the outside because he is so slow. HA HA! I am kidding because I know that the coaching staff and players at Alcoa know that Austin Rogers is no Phillip Weathers. No slight intended to Austin Rogers or his kin.

Edited by NingdonDude

Alcoa wont get beat on the I formation. Bertier is right, run a 4-4. Blitz from the outside when Boo Weathers goes in motion and even if he doesnt get the ball the linebacker should take his head off so he doesnt sneak out in the flat. Stop the off tackle play to Donald. If you stop thier two main plays and you score, you will win. Make Huntingdon throw to beat you. Ill be the first to say that I think Milan beat themselves last friday night. They stayed in the 5-1 and got trapped. Alcoa, if you stop those two plays and your offense is clicking, its going to be lights out. Since Milan didnt have a good passing game at all, Huntingon still ran their 4-3, but walked up both safetys so they were basically cramming the LOS. I think since Alcoa has a passing game you will keep those two SS back in their zone and you will be successful with your running game,mix the PA in. They will run a cover 2, quick fades will work. Thats a good layout on how to beat Huntingdon, whether you do it is the issue.

For Huntingdon to beat Alcoa. Cram the LOS and play bump man on the recievers.

The real 2A championship was decided last week, just like last year, and Huntingdon won. 2A has some great games, but Huntingdon and milan are far ahead of all the other public 2As. Some years the private guys can recruit enough to win, but not this year. Congrats to Alcoa for 2nd place, if you had to play milan that would knock you down to 3rd. Huntingdon 35-7. Won't be as ugly as last year, but close

825460324[/snapback]

finally found your roots., glad to have u back :rolleyes: