Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the numbers listed on the sign in the picture? Is that 12 and 15 or 72 and 75 or.....?

825460011[/snapback]

CoachT.. It's #12 and #15.. #12 Baker is a starting Junior DB and#15, Smothers is a Freshmen QB..I understand that the Dads were able to listen to the 4th quarter of the Huntingdon-Milan game via cellphone. Baker is one tough player and Smothers will get his chance soon.

Edited by Blue Eyes

last year we all saw huntingdon put on one of the best masterpieces against a "supposedly good" david lipscomb team. i seriously think that the perfect game huntingdon had would have troubled any team, regardless of classification.

It was either a masterpiece or you were playing bad team? Please pick one.

Personally, I would like to think Huntingdon played a great game, yes pretty much perfect, so I would not call that Lipscomb team bad. Give credit to your team for playing well and beating the defending state champs who had won 20 straight games at the time.

The real 2A championship was decided last week, just like last year, and Huntingdon won. 2A has some great games, but Huntingdon and milan are far ahead of all the other public 2As. Some years the private guys can recruit enough to win, but not this year. Congrats to Alcoa for 2nd place, if you had to play milan that would knock you down to 3rd. Huntingdon 35-7. Won't be as ugly as last year, but close

There will be no blowouts in this one my friends. I look forward to an exciting hard hitting game with athletes all over the field. Alcoa has faced one outstanding opponent during the season Maryville, who they lost to. Alcoa fans tell me though....I heard your last TD scored was against the Rebels 3rd team which kind of made the score look more respectable than it really was. I'm just wondering? <_<  Could somebody give a recap of that game?

Final Score Huntingdon 26 Alcoa 21

825457739[/snapback]

I will tell you that Maryville's 1st string played the whole game. Maryville jumped ahead at the half 24-6. Everyone thought Alcoa would lay down and Maryville would kill them because Alcoa had shown the last few years that they would quit when things started going against them. Maryville let up a little bit in the 2nd half but Alcoa kept playing hard. Maryville scored a touchdown with 4 minutes to go in the game to go ahead 31-12. Maryville kicked off and Kyrus Lanxster returned the kickoff for a touchdown to make it 31-18.

I knew when Alcoa showed no quit in the Maryville game that they would be hard for anyone to handle this year.

Alcoa has great athletes. Dustin Lindsey,Brandon Warren,Ray Sykes and Kyrus Lanxster are big time players. Maryville shut down Dustin Lindsey but were hurt by 2 long passes to Kyrus Lanxster. Those long passes set up Alcoa's 2 touchdowns. Alcoa is balanced. You load up the line of scrimmage to stop Lindsey they will kill you with Warren and Lanxster catching passes. Joey Figler is a good quarterback.

Maryville moved the ball well on Alcoa but Maryville moves the ball on everyone. Maryville hurt Alcoa more with the pass than they did with the run. Alcoa stops the run well. Sykes and Warren are as good def ends as you will see. Mark Avery and Drew Miller play well at defensive tackle. Dante Lewis,Dominic Brown and Dustin Lindsey make up a good linebacker crew. Alcoa's defensive backs have improved as the season has gone along.

I watched the Lipscomb/Alcoa playback a few times. Lipscomb was lucky the score wasn't worse. Alcoa had the ball inside Lipscombs 10 yd line 3 times and didn't score. Alcoa's defense shut down Lipscomb.

i cant wait to see this game, its gonna be great. whoever wins i just hope its not a blowout. i hope huntingdon can bring it back once again....just wish i could watch it from the sky box again like last year(a thank you to the Smothers family for that), i better find a coat and some gloves for this one.

825459928[/snapback]

To answer ur ? from the Huntingdon/Milan thread, yes, I am goin for the Mustangs in this one. Seems like yall have a great bunch of guys. Never thought I'd say this, and I'll probably never say it again, but GO MUSTANGS!

To answer ur ? from the Huntingdon/Milan thread, yes, I am goin for the Mustangs in this one. Seems like yall have a great bunch of guys.  Never thought I'd say this, and I'll probably never say it again, but GO MUSTANGS!

825460484[/snapback]

alright i was just wondering, guess i got confussed about what you were trying to say. goodluck mustangs, friday will be great if two things happen: 1) that morning i do good on my math final...lots of praying and studying for that one. 2) the mustangs win!

the first being a little more important right now so i should get off and study, lol later.