Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

Realize what you are saying here. Melrose, Maryville, Riverdale, and Franklin are four teams that could stop their running game and there are more. Huntingdon has a greta running game but it can be stopped. Seems defensive cord. dont understand how to stop them.

825460476[/snapback]

I knew someone would say something about that statement. But I stand firmly by it, I don't think their ground game could be stopped by any team in the state. I would put them up against any D.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBELRON, If Alcoa tries to pass they had better score because Huntingdon has a very good defensive backfield. Camden and Mckenzie both had great passers and we showed we could defend the pass. They had better stay away from Boo's corner for sure because he can defend and has good hands to boot. What makes Huntingdon's defense great is the fact that they have greatly improved against the run between the tackles. They have defended the pass pretty well all year. I understand that Alcoa has an outstanding QB but I would put the Markam boy at Camden against any school as far as arm strength, accuracy, and mobility.

Seems like region 6 should be full ALL-Americans, a ground game that can't be stopped by no one and a QB that is better than anyone in the state. Man I hope you know there are great players outside your little region 6 bubble. Markham isnt even the best QB in the region. Go Alcoa, shut these cocky, egotistical people up.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

FAIRVIEW will battle Camden for there Region title next year. And fairview will have a very good team next year since they didn't lose many seniors. GB. get off of your High Horse a quit bringing down the Mustangs since the Mustangs beat the team that put your out of the play-off. Way to go Lions. hate to see Camden go. Elite 8 on this side of the River. Now. Go Mustangs Repeat and keep believing

Edited by Blue and Gold

stop hatin' bertier.. it's getting old.. one week you guys are all picking "whoever comes out of the west" to win it all.. and now you are jumping on the Alcoa bandwagon.. sure looks like a bunch of personal vendettas to me. you flipflop more than john kerry..

your picking against huntingdon every week..

therefore no one takes you as a knowledgable source.. everything you say is driven by hate.. i think you need a hug.

and then when huntingdon come's out as the representative from the west that's not enough for you is it?

All I can say is alot of the people from West TN are underestmating us.

825460528[/snapback]

No way am I underestimating the Alcoa Tornados. Quite the contrary. Alcoa is ranked no. 1. We have confidence, yes, as we did last year against Lipscomb where we were not given a chance. We found out last year that the game has to be played on the field, no matter who is favored. That's what makes football such a great sport. The team that plays the best(not he team that has the best players) wins the game. I'm sure Alcoa has better talent( Huntingdon,however has plenty) than Huntingdon but I feel we will win the game. Go Mustangs. Bertier, Egotistical?

Edited by NingdonDude

The real 2A championship was decided last week, just like last year, and Huntingdon won. 2A has some great games, but Huntingdon and milan are far ahead of all the other public 2As. Some years the private guys can recruit enough to win, but not this year. Congrats to Alcoa for 2nd place, if you had to play milan that would knock you down to 3rd. Huntingdon 35-7. Won't be as ugly as last year, but close

825460324[/snapback]

Volover.. I know what you're trying to say but trust me, the championship wasn't played last week nor was it played the same week last year in Huntingdon.