Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert Davis, Sr lives in New Jersey and is a school principal.  David Davis lives in

Atlanta.  Both of these gentlemen are fine citizens in their respective communities.

Both should be mentioned in the threads about greatest running back ever and greatest wide receivers ever.  This is my opinion and I am expressing it.

825463777[/snapback]

Clintabbott... Thanks for the info. I got on an elevator with Albert in Knoxville and as a young high school student from Huntingdon, I thought he was the biggest person I had ever seen. I couldn't imagine a high school player trying to tackle him. Didn't David Davis play college basketball somewhere? Have a safe trip to the Boro this Friday. Go Mustangs!

Edited by Blue Eyes

i'd like to make a sign. a sign that'll be very noticable and most likely to be shown on live coverage. im definately going to be there friday. any idea on how cold its going to be friday night?

825463067[/snapback]

Buckaroo.. Try taking a bed sheet with the words spray painted on it and hang it from the top of the stadium. I saw this in the 1999 game and it was made by Bruceton players and wished the Mustangs good luck. You may have to slip it in, I don't know....

Edited by Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes- Albert and David played football at Tennessee State and in the NFL.

Albert played for the Philadelphia Eagles and David played for the GReen Bay Packers. I believe David played two or three years and Albert played for about five years. My prayer is for an injury free game played with excellent sportsmanship. Good luck to both teams.

Seems like region 6 should be full ALL-Americans, a ground game that can't be stopped by no one and a QB that is better than anyone in the state. Man I hope you know there are great players outside your little region 6 bubble. Markham isnt evn the best QB in the region. Go Alcoa, shut these cocky, egotistical people up.

825460534[/snapback]

These cocky egotistical people that proved you wrong all year????...those people??...you never learn...and yes I would put Markham up against any QB in the state...as far as the region he is the smartest without a doubt and if Camden ran an offense like McKenzie's he'd have numbers to rival Drew or better....and yes Region 6 has been awesome this year...especially compared to your folks in Region 5 right Gerry?...Do I think Alcoa is good or even great....absolutely...we'd all be fools to think otherwise...but do I think they'll overwhelm the poor tired :P boys from Huntingdon....no way.

Guest catfish-hunter
Gerry.... you really surprise me with all your garbage talk!

You attended Lambuth, you now attend UT Martin just down the highway from Huntingdon. You Team got beatdown by Huntingdon (Fairview) your region only had 1 team left in the playoffs after round 1 .... and you want to rub your tacky hands on Region 6... Get a Life!

Take it.... Whether you like it or not! :P

1. You were a loser at Fairview

2. You were a loser at Lambuth

3. You ARE a loser at UTM

4. And you are a loser on Coacht

Maybe You Need To Try Bethel! (Nope you cant do that cause Bethel is Winning!)

YOURE LIKe A GYPSEY!..... A TRAVELING WARRIOR :(

Those are the facts and from the outside looking in If it walks like a duck...Quacks like a duck... and acts like a Duck..... well you know the rest of the saying.

SOOO.... if it walks like a loser..... Talks like a loser........Attends losing programs........ and posts like a loser......... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

825463969[/snapback]

Fairview beat Adamsville in the first round of the playoffs and Cheatham beat McKenzie in the opening round as well. That looks like region five won two opening round games to me Reignydayz. I do not care how you feel about Gerry Bertier because that is your own personal opinion, but I personally feel that the guy is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to football. When you state things about region five, make sure that you are stating facts okay. Thanks!!!

Milan[/url] Bulldogs 04' date='Dec 2 2004 - 07:54 AM']

No offense, but can you count? The reason the penalty was waved off is because the player that walked off the field was the 11th player not the 12th. There is no penalty for playing with 10 players as long as you get enough on the line of scrimmage.

825463593[/snapback]

i will watch film and check, its possible since playing, i missed one, but why would they throw the flag in the first place?

825463642[/snapback]

Come on now. It's high school officials, they assumed when one walked off the field he must have been the 12th man. He threw the flag then counted.

Ok.. I'm Sorry

region 5 won 2 games..........Sorry bout that.

Didnt mean to yank your chain CBarkley. Out of everyone on Coacht . I really respect your comments. You talk with more common sense than Gerry.

But you wanted me to get my facts straight before I commented on Region 5...

Well OK..........................

That region IS the Most PITYFUL Region in the State!!

Those are the Facts!

Albert Davis, Sr lives in New Jersey and is a school principal.  David Davis lives in

Atlanta.  Both of these gentlemen are fine citizens in their respective communities.

Both should be mentioned in the threads about greatest running back ever and greatest wide receivers ever.  This is my opinion and I am expressing it.

825463777[/snapback]

Hello Clint,, not to take anything away from Albert he was a GREAT back but there have been some rumor or talk in the past that Albert was a MAN playing against boys. In other words a 23-24 year old senior. Is there any truth to that? What is his age and when did he graduate.

GO ALCOA!!!

Guest catfish-hunter
Ok.. I'm Sorry

region 5 won 2 games..........Sorry bout that.

Didnt mean to yank your chain CBarkley. Out of everyone on Coacht . I really respect your comments. You talk with more common sense than Gerry.

But you wanted me to get my facts straight before I commented on Region 5...

Well OK..........................

That region IS the Most PITYFUL Region in the State!!

Those are the Facts!

825464060[/snapback]

Next year the top two teams in that region will be Lewis County (who returns everybody) and Camden (who will again be very talented in '05). The top four from region six will likely be Huntingdon, Westview, Milan, and USJ. Call me crazy, but region five's chances of winning postseason games may have decreased for the next four years.

I have respect for you and the rest of the Huntingdon fans as well on here Reignydayz. You guys have a great understanding of football and your posts are for the most part fact based. By now, you know that I am from Cheatham County and I know that in the past Huntingdon has beaten some of the best teams that this county has ever produced (Harpeth in '97 and '99 and Cheatham in '04). I hope that Huntingdon is successful in their attempt to go back-to-back because if we are going to lose to somebody, then I'd assume that we lose to the best team in the state. Best of luck to you guys this Friday night!!!

hey alcoa is ready they arent taken no prisoners or showing any mercy to the huntingdon mustangs. we have our game faces on. If Huntingdon dont bring there A game then its gonna be a long night for them. For the people that think East Tennessee football is a joke you'll see what Alcoa, Maryville, and Fulton is bringing to the turf. Everybody beware because its going to be an all out brawl and Alcoa aint quitting until they leave with that golden football. you boyz better be ready to play. West Tennessee football might be hard nosed play after play, but when the mustangs meet the Tornadoes they will see that East Tennessee football is serious too. So Tornadoes let get ready for the war.

Go Tornadoes!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Maryville and Fulton lets bring it home baby!!!!!!!!!!! thumb